- Religion and Philosophy»
- Christianity, the Bible & Jesus
Experience Healing of Your Pain and Brokenness
Desire God's Best for Your Life
Experiences like rejection, abuse, trauma and other adversities in life could lead a broken heart. The result could be bitterness or brokenness. The challenges you face could lead to a heart that is hardened and insensitive to God that prevents you from receiving God's best. Jesus describes the condition of a hardened heart in the verses below:
"For the hearts of these people are hardened, and their ears cannot hear, and they have closed their eyes--so their eyes cannot see, and their ears cannot hear, and their hearts cannot understand, and they cannot turn to me and let me heal them" (Matthew 13:15, NIV).
On the other hand, brokenness shows your hearts in the opposite light. This is a process where your heart are becoming more sensitive and responsive to God. It is rooted in the desire to be totally surrendered to God, and the good news is that Jesus came to heal your brokenness:
"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners (Isaiah 61:1, NIV)
Allow God to transform you from brokenness to reflect the character of Jesus Christ. For you to experience God's best for your life, your surrender and a desire to please, God must replace self-will and independence of him.
My nourishment comes from doing the will of God, who sent me, and from finishing his work (John 4:34, NLT)— Jesus Christ
Jesus As Our Example
From the beginning of his life on earth to its end, Jesus' only desire was to do the will of his Father. He explained, "My nourishment comes from doing the will of God, who sent me, and from finishing his work" (John 4:34, NLT),
On the cross, he cried out to his Father, "My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?" (Matthew 27:46, NIV). Jesus experienced great pain, brokenness, and intense suffering for our sake. He showed great compassion for people. Here are a few examples of Jesus; compassion:
- He had compassion for the crowds because they were confused and helpless (Matthew 9:36)
- He wept when his friend Lazarus died (John 11: 34, 35)
- He felt compassion for the widow whose only son had died and raised him from the dead (Luke 7:13)
Jesus has the same compassion for you, and he wants to heal your brokenness, but you have to let him. He will not only heal your brokenness but through his transforming power you can follow his example and walk in obedience to God.
God is Here to Heal Your Broken Heart
Receive God's Best Through Submission to Christ
The music video invites to lay down the burdens that you carry. Jesus wants to meet you at the point if your brokenness. Seasons of brokenness are not for self-pity, but opportunities to surrender. Through total surrender you will enjoy God's best for your life
Jesus wants you to move from dependence on yourself to total dependence on him. Your total surrender liberates you to experience God's transforming power. God is able to lead you when your heart is soft, sensitive, and responsive into his very best.
As you allow the Holy Spirit to express the life of Christ in you, through complete submission and obedience, brokenness is replaced with abundant life. Jesus explained that he came to give abundant life - life to the fullest (John 10:10).
Jesus wants to meet you at the point of your brokenness, This an opportunity to surrender your broken life and receive the forgiveness and healing he offers. He is here, won't you surrender the burdens you carry?
Give God Your Brokenness Poll
How do you respond in times of brokenness? I spend time in ...
Meditate on God's Word: His Care for Our Brokenness
- The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit Psalm 34:18, NIV).
- He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds (Psalm 147:3, NIV)
- Seeing the people, He felt compassion for them, because they were distressed and dispirited like sheep without a shepherd (Matthew 9:36, NASB).
- Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28, NIV).
- You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you! (Isaiah 25:3).
- These things I have spoken unto you, that in me you might have peace. In the world you shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world (John 16:33, NKJ).
- Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:7, NLT).
A Prayer of Surrender
Heavenly Father, I thank you that you meet me where I am through your Son, Jesus Christ. Today, my heart is open and ready for you to work in me through your Holy Spirit. I surrender to you, mold me and make my life into the person you want me to be. Thank you for your provision of abundant life through your Son. In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.
All to Jesus I Surrender
Continue on Your Healing Journey
The journey continues, for it is not a one time event but a process. As you continue to seek God's best for your life, you will always need to be sensitive and responsive to the Holy Spirit. In the music video, CeCe Winans encourages you to surrender all to Jesus.
A surrendered heart that is soft and receptive to the Holy Spirit, cooperates the work of grace to develop spiritual maturity and character. It is through this process that you can genuinely experience God's best, that is. his abundant life. Give God your brokenness; surrender all!