How To Decorate Your Home Using Feng Shui Articles
What is Feng Shui - Feng Shui History and Theory
Feng Shui is an ancient Chinese system of aesthetics to improve your health and
prosperity using the laws of Heaven (Astronomy) and Earth
(Geography). When translated to English, the word literally means
Wind-Water. The Fung Shui are used for following purposes
- Feng Shui for Wealth
- Feng Shui for Business
- Feng Shui for Career
- Feng Shui for Health
- Feng Shui for Luck
- Feng Shui for Love & Relations
Feng Shui is not a religion. Its symbols can create an environment that can boost our confidence and energy levels, thereby bringing good health and good fortune.
Feng Shui ProductsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Feng Shui Cheap Gift Ideas
Feng Shui Articles
1. The Laughing Buddha: This is believed to smile off all the worries in your home; thereby bringing in happiness and prosperity. Buddha is like the big and round bellied Santa. It should be placed at a height in your living room, facing the main entry door and not on the ground. It should not be kept in the bed rooms or any other rooms. It is said to bring happiness, satisfaction and security to your home and life.
2. Phoenix: Phoenix is a mythological bird that is believed to resurrect itself from the ashes; it never dies. It represents immortality, power and prosperity. The picture of this magnificent bird is to be kept at the south portion of the house.
3. Dragon: Green dragon relates to health while the golden dragon to wealth and prosperity. These can be placed at any open part of your house expect on lower energy areas like garage, bathrooms and closets. Also not in your bedroom. You can keep a maximum of 5 dragons in your house.
4. Three legged Toad: It is believed to bring in wealth and prosperity and also safeguards your wealth. It holds Chinese coin in its mouth and sits on a pile of coins. These are placed at the corner of the living room near the main entry door. The coin in its mouth must be removed every evening and replaced every morning.
5. Cow: It is called the Wish Fulfilling Cow; made of 3”X4” shoushan stone and is believed to bring in wealth. These are placed on the South West part of your home.
6. Crystal Globe: It is said to bring in fame, recognition and improve networks that can lead to career success. It must be kept at the North East part of your home.
7. Bamboo plants: Itis also called the lucky bamboo. These are kept at the East and Southeast parts of your home. These represent life longevity and health and good fortune. These must be kept facing the main entry door. They can withstand any unfavourable climatic conditions. They do not require huge amount of sunlight or great care to grow.
Feng Shui Costly Gift Ideas
Feng Shui Tips
When applying Feng Shui, you must take note of few things.
1. The entryway must be made inviting with mats, wreaths and colours.
2. All doors and drawers must open effortlessly.
3. All burnt out lamp bulbs must be replaced.
4. Use all burners on your stove.
5. Kitchen should not be constructed close to the main entry door.
6. Do not place sharp objects or pillars facing the main entry door.
7. The stove and sink must be considerably kept far apart as fire and water are two opposite energies.
8. Broken plates should not be kept stored in the house.
9. Should not have two mattresses in one bed.
10. Front door and back doors must not be directly opposite to each other.
11. No shoes facing our main entry door
12. No TV or Computer sets in your bedroom
13. No plants in your bedroom
Feng Shui Design Tips : How to Arrange Furniture for Feng Shui
- Feng Shui Fishes for Good Luck and Prosperity
In Feng Shui Fishes are regarded as Symbols of good fortune and abundant wealth. So they are widely used as pet fishes in the aquarium, paintings or pictures or kept as figurines to attract success and wealth.
- Feng Shui: Charms for Money & Wealth
To improve wealth and prosperity, these Feng Shui items are to be placed at the workplace or in the home office, on the North end of the desk or near the cash register.
- Healing with Colour, Feng Shui and Colour Therapy in...
In this series of articles about colour we have been looking at the popular connotations associated with colour and how it is used in interior decorating and visual tricks with colour. This hub gives a...
- Laughing Buddha as a Feng Shui Symbol for Good Luck ...
The Laughing Buddha is one of the most popular symbols used by Feng Shui Consultants for enhancing the good luck and wealth. Laughing Buddha is also known as Happy Buddha or Matreiya. This Buddha is regarded as one of the gods of wealth and keeping t
- Feng Shui Garden - Harmony on the Green
How well do you take care of your garden? Does it look pleasant and inviting or seem like a rodent swamp? To create a good feng shui in your home, you not only have to concentrate on the atmosphere inside...
- How Feng Shui and House Number Harmony Work
There are many important components of creating harmony with Feng Shui. Many people, however, wonder if house numbers play an important role. Unfortunately, there is no definite answer, as a number of varying...