- Religion and Philosophy»
- Paranormal Beliefs & Experiences
Unusual Demon Faces
Dante and Virgil in Hell
A scene from 'Dante's Inferno'
- In the Fifth Circle of Hell, on the banks of the River Styx, those damned for the sin of wrath fight each other through eternity. Note Dante and his guide, the ghost of Virgil the poet. Look as they observe from the left, while a demonic angel views pleasingly from above.
Names of the Devil
Many people, myself included immediately think of the modern bible's portrayal of Satan and Hell- when thinking of the word Lucifer. The name Lucifer has been synonymous with the devil since the inception of Christianity, and throughout the entire history of Western Christian teachings. Lucifer in all practically is; Jesus Christ's opposing force, an evil doer, and proprietor of demons. Since the third century AD, the name Lucifer has long been associated with this prolific entity; who is said to be, the source of all who bear false witnesses against God, or confusing the minds of men by overtaking their souls.
"How you are fallen from heaven, O shining star, son of the morning! You have been thrown down to the earth, you who destroyed the nations of the world." —New Living Translation Bible, © 2007 version.
- In the Christian bible, Lucifer is believed to be the real name of a fallen angel, who is kicked out of heaven after he refuses to obey God's command that all angels were to bow down to God's creation, Adam.
- A large portion of the Christian community believes that there was an ancient understanding that God, considered Adam to be of divine origin. It was commonly believed around the time of Christ's birth that Adam, had been created in the likeness of the Heavenly Father.
- It was also accepted ideology that the serpent in the Garden of Eden, who tempted Eve into partaking from the Tree of Knowledge, was in fact one and the same being- Lucifer. Even though his name is not mentioned in the Book of Genesis, which is found in the Old Testament.
- According to Christianity, there are many names for the devil. The devil, sometimes called Satan in the King James Bible, also bears names such as Beelzebub, which was originally of Philistine origin.
- Dark Romance - Book of Days - \'Dante and Virgil in Hell\' by William Bouguereau ~ 1850
Dark Romance Magazine is an invocation of the sensually gothic. We cater to the worldwide gothic community, with features and reviews dedicated to all things goth from art to literature to the sensual.
The Last Judgment Triptych Right Wing Detail
The Last Judgment
Demonic Faces Painted By A Dutchman
- The faces of damned souls has intrigued artists like 5th century artist, Rogier van der Weyden for over two thousand years. Here in this painting, you can see the horror in the faces of these lost souls, which are bound for the eternal fires of Hell, and their expressed bereavement as they fall to the pits of Hell, so perfectly. His talent and ability to freeze frame the emotions of the suffering, can be found in many of his painted works of art. He truly was the master at transforming basic, raw, human-emotions, to a linen canvas and electrifying the senses. His powerful expressionism, and captivating talent, has (for me at least) set him above most Dutch painters of his time period.
The Tempest Quote, Act I Scene II
"Hell is empty and all the devils are here ."
— William Shakespeare
Lucifer's Real Meaning
What does the name Lucifer really mean?
Well..., believe it or not the name Lucifer, is of Latin origin, and means "Bearer of Light" or "Light bearer."
- In fact, the name Lucifer was used as a descriptive word, or used in a collective paraphrasing sense.
Many things could be considered a bearer of light or light bearer. Lucifer objects can be people (Olympic torch bearer), planets (Venus was called a Lucifer in Rome), to ornate candlesticks. When the term Lucifer was referenced, it provided the public with a simple explanation. The term Lucifer was also used by the ancient Romans to describe the purpose of a holy relic but more often than not, it was used to describe particular celestial bodies.
- In ancient Rome, Venus was considered "a Lucifer." Venus was the morning star, the bearer of light, thus "a Lucifer."
- The sun was even considered a Lucifer. There were hundreds of items that were thought to be a Lucifer, while having nothing to do with evil at all.
- Today, the Statue of Liberty in New York City is said to be a Lucifer. Referring to the ancient terminology that she too is a light bearer.
Free Desktop Wallpaper of Statue of Liberty
Heaven has just witnessed an onslaught of war between the archangels, led by Michael and the dragon Lucifer. When the battle was over Michael received loud praised from God, as seen in John's vision. Therefore, a loud voice spoke from heaven, after the ancient serpent and all his brothers were cast out of the heavenly realm.
- "Woe to you, earth and sea, for the Devil has come down to you in great fury. For he knows he has but a short time.
Real Exorcism of Anneliese Michel
The Video Story of Anneliese Michel
- Anneliese Michel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In 1975, when Anneliese was 23 years old, an older woman who accompanied Anneliese Michel on a pilgrimage concluded that Anneliese was suffering from demonic possession because Michel was unable to walk past a certain icon of Jesus Christ and refused
Who Was Anneliese Michel
Anneliese Michel was a devote Catholic, living in the small village of Klingberg, Germany, when she died of starvation July 1, 1976. Anneliese was believed by her parents, two priests, and herself that she was possessed by at least five different demons;
- Hitler, and even spoke like him in her trances, matching his Austrian dilate perfectly.
- Judas Iscariot
Anneliese Michel was born into a deeply religious family. She had several aunts that were nuns, and her father Josef at one point considered being a priest. Although her mother was deeply she religious, she did end up having an illegitimate daughter in the late 1940s. When Anneliese was born four years later, she and her older sister would atone for her mother's sins. Ironically her sister Martha dies at the age of eight, leaving Anneliese with the sole responsibility of their nightly atonement ritual. By the time Anneliese was seventeen she started hearing voices, experiencing convulsions and hallucinations, and had ruptured the ligaments in her knee from kneeling over 600 times a day in prayer. She vehemently thought she was possessed by demons. It took three pleads to get the local Catholic church involved with performing exorcisms on her. Over a period of nine months, with two priests working up to two hours a day, she fought off her possessions.
She is buried in a remote area in the village cemetery, which usually saved for suicide deaths and illegitimate children, next to her older sister Martha. Her mother Anna Michel can look out onto their graves from her bedroom window, and often goes to see her daughters weekly. Josef Michel died in 1999, and their other two daughters have moved far away from the family home. Still Anna insists that she did the right thing by helping her daughter starve out the demons , who were possessing her daughter's soul. Anneliese's last words to her mother were, "I am afraid."
For more on this story, Elizabeth Day of the Telegraph wrote an article on Anneliese Michel after a 2005 rare interview with Anneliese's mother was granted. There are several youtube videos of the real story of Emily Rose aka Anneliese Michel. There also are some actual audio footage of the exorcisms. Oddly enough, in 1999 the Roman Catholic church changes some of the exorcism ritual, which had not been changed since the 16th century due to this case. Furthermore, exorcisms have been outlawed in Germany, and there has not been a single exorcism performed in Germany in 1976. According to some of the changes imposed by the Catholic church, all Priests performing exorcisms have to go through medical training before being able to perform an exorcism.
What Do You Believe?
Do you believe that Anneliese was possessed by demons?
Highway to Hell Lyrics Video
More Articles By The Author
- Are Magick Hexes, Spells, Curses and Charms Real
The hidden truth behind spells, hexes and charms. Find out what is and is not real.
- Charging Candles for Magic Spells
How to charge your candle for casting spells. Magic spells. For the use of individual spells.
- A Magic Spell For Finding A New Career
Employment spells. Using magic to get a job, in an economy where unemployment is high.
- Angel Mysticism, Magic, and Prayer
Learn the exact order of the Celestial hierarchy, and how to invoke the powers of Angels. The names and prayer to invoke strength or love; and the body healing angels, who guarded Christ in his tomb.
- The Faces of Angels Intimate Evolution
A Pictorial blog about the many different faces of male angels.
AC/DC Highway To Hell Lyrics
SINGLE: Highway To Hell/If You Want Blood
Living easy, living free
Season ticket on a one-way ride
Asking nothing, leave me be
Taking everything in my stride
Don't need reason, don't need rhyme
Ain't nothing I would rather do
Going down, party time
My friends are gonna be there too
I'm on the highway to hell
No stop signs, speed limit
Nobody's gonna slow me down
Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Nobody's gonna mess me round
Hey Satan, paid my dues
Playing in a rocking band
Hey Momma, look at me
I'm on my way to the promised land
I'm on the highway to hell
(Don't stop me)
And I'm going down, all the way down
I'm on the highway to hell
I went to this concert in 1992, in Kansas City, Missouri. It was amazing. However, this young pup felt extremely out of place.
The Lyrics are courtesy of www.lyricsdownload.com.