Do Our Loved Ones Visit Us In Our Dreams?
One of the easiest ways for our deceased Loved Ones to visit us is while we sleep. This is perhaps the universal media through which Spirits send us messages. A dream that is a true visitation will be very vivid, very peaceful, and very detailed. We will remember this type of dream for many years to come.
There are a few characteristics you can analyze after having a Spiritual Visitation Dream.
What To Look For
- It will be very vivid
- It will be in color. Sometimes it can be in black & white with color being in the form of your loved one's clothing, or something they may be holding for you to see
- It will be logical and will have some sort of message either with words, physical objects, or even telepathy
- You may feel confused upon waking; you will feel happy, peaceful, or even fearful of what you experienced. (Fearful maybe from never experiencing such a dream before.)
- It will feel so real and so alive. You may question it, wondering if it really happened
- You will remember details about the dream and be able to play them back as though you were watching a movie.
Do You Dream?
If you dream and remember that you do, the likelihood of you receiving a visitation from your deceased loved one is very high. The quickest way to capture all of the details is to document them upon waking. Have your pen and paper ready, on your nightstand, and write down the top five things that stick out the most. ie:
- Color of clothing
- What they were holding if anything
- What was said if anything
- What were your surroundings (beach, mountains, forest, etc)
- What animals or objects were shown to you if any (bird, tiger, lizard, owl, rock, jewelry, vehicle, etc)
- Who else was in the visit if anyone
- And the most important of them all...how did it make you feel
I'm a dreamer. Everything I've done since Chip (my love) passed, is through recognizing my visits and taking very good notes. Interpreting the dreams however, has been the biggest puzzle thus far. For my documentation purposes, instead of having pen and paper, I use my iPhone. In the phone I'm able to record notes and this is where upon rolling over or waking up, I reach for it and record what I saw, experienced, or was told. My voice may sound groggy and horrible, but it's there and completed and I can easily go back and visit it later.
That ole saying, "Ask and ye shall receive"—it's such a powerful statement.
What If I Don't Dream?
If you think you don't dream, now might be the time to re-think that. We all dream. It's just that some of us aren't able to remember them as easily as others. But we do dream, we do astral travel, and we do communicate with other realms while we sleep. (A completely different subject.) For those who say they can't remember their dreams, I usually suggest to sit quietly before lying down to sleep. Pretend you're having a one-way conversation with your loved one and ask them to visit you while you're sleeping. I did it every single night for years and most of the time, I woke in complete awe from a dream-visit. Here's an example of how I asked:
"Chip, please come and visit me in my sleep. I need to see you. I need to know you're okay. Please, please come and see me." (Sounds a little desperate I know...but when thrown into grief, everything is in a desperate mode.)
If I woke the next morning remembering nothing, I'd ask again the next night. Always, within a day or two Chip would come to take me places, or just sit for a bit. I remained in a state of euphoria and of complete and utter awe for such a long time...still am to be honest.
Persistence is key I believe, especially if remembering your dreams doesn't come easy.
That ole saying, "Ask and ye shall receive", it's such a powerful statement.
Ask For It!
All we need to do is to ask for our Loved One to come, and they will. You may also want to ask them to wake you after they visit and ask them to help you remember as well. Every little bit of help is worth the remarkable feeling you have once you receive a visit from a Loved One on the other side.
Author Website & Amazon Kindle
- Author Lyn Ragan
Losing a loved one is an unbearable and painful experience. An experience that many would never wish on their worst enemy. On January 23, 2008, Lyn's fiancé was murdered. From the moment of his tragic death, Lyn's life would never be the same.
- Amazon.com: WAKE ME UP! Love And The AfterLife eBook: Lyn Ragan: Kindle Store
Days after his murder, Chip grabbed his fiancé while she laid sleeping. "I'm not gone, I'm right here," he told her. "You can't see me, but I am here. I'll never leave you. I promise." When Lyn Ragan started hearing from her deceased lover, she thoug