- Religion and Philosophy»
- Christianity, the Bible & Jesus
Do you see the Antichrist?
Is the Antichrist Among us?
To believers today it's pretty obvious that we are living in the last days, the signs are apparent:
1) The first sorrows will be in the form of calamities: 'famines, pestilences and earthquakes in divers places', fearful sights and great signs from heaven (Matt.24,7-8; Mark, 13,8; Luke 21,11). Hurricane Katrina, Biggest Earthquake ever in China, Tsunami, Swine Flu, AIDS
2) Many will come in the name of Christ and deceive many (Matt.24,5; Mark 13,6; Luke 21,8)The appearance of many false prophets and false messiahs. These deceiving teachers will entice people to join all kinds of sects and wild cults catering to the low moral standards of the crowd. The Lord warns us about the danger of false teachings, saying: "Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying I am Christ; and shall deceive many. Do not follow them. For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. See, I have told you beforehand" (Mt. 24:5, 24; Mrk. 13:6). The book of Revelation describes some of the striking miracles of the last and ultimate false prophet and promoter of the Antichrist. The Apostle Paul explains to the Thessalonians that these will be not actual miracles but mere illusions and deceptions of the evil spirits (Rev. 13:13-15, 2 Thes. 2:9). Jim Jones and Heaven's Gate many cult leaders claim to be God or Jesus in order to deceive the weak minded, and have lead thousands to their death.
3) True Followers of Christ and his Word will be delivered up, killed and hated by all nations (Matt. 24,9; Mark 13, 9-11; Luke 21,12-15). Miss California is a more recent example, but a lot of non believers on this very site will contribute to this hatred and mockery of Christians
4) And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. " Matthew 24:14 The great protestant reformation was helped by the development of the printing press, finally people could have a copy of the holy scriptures and read the Bible for themselves in their own language. Today, in our time, the everlasting Gospel is being preached around the world via Radio, Television, Internet, DVD's, CD's, Missionaries, and more. In other words everyone on Earth will get a chance to Know God and choose whatever or not to follow his word.
5)The growth of knowledge would accelerate at the end of time "Knowledge for many years was growing very slowly, but now is growing exponentially. For thousands of years until as recent as 150 years ago, the fastest mode of transportation was on the back of a horse or about 25 mph maximum. Now mankind has traveled over 25,000 mph on the way to the moon. What a difference! According to Norman Edmund, Founder of the Edmund Scientific Company, with computers and the Internet, the accessibility of information and knowledge is doubling probably every year and will double every 73 days by the year 2020"
"In the last days ... men shall be lovers of their own selves, ... Without natural affection, ... incontinent, ... despisers of those that are good, ... Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof." 2 Timothy 3:1-5. Extreme weakening of the faith. Although Christ's teaching will be generally known, people will become indifferent to it, so much so that "when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?" (Lk. 18:8). According to Saint Paul, this will be the time "when people will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires they will choose teachers who will tell them just what they want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and go after fables" (2 Tim. 4:3-4). In other words, close to the end of the world people will become very cynical about Divinely revealed truths and absolute moral values. They will only listen to what sounds interesting or pleasing. This attitude will promote. America is in the midst of a tremendous crisis. An epidemic of pornography, crime, illegal drugs, and moral degeneracy is threatening to overwhelm us. Suicide is becoming a popular solution to human problems. Divorce rates are climbing wildly, with nearly one marriage in two ending in the divorce court."
"The current immoral generation--with its obsession with sex and filth, with its increasing church membership but decreasing true spirituality--is a plain and positive fulfillment of God's Word. For a real shock, see how many of the last-day sins listed in 2 Timothy 3:1-5 you can find depicted in any issue of your Sunday newspaper. Nothing short of the coming of the Lord will stem the tide of evil that is now engulfing the world. Evil and lawlessness will increase greatly. As our Lord predicted: "Because iniquity will abound, the love of many will grow cold" (Mt. 24:12). The weakening of faith will lead to further moral decline and in turn, as in a chain reaction, that will weaken faith even more. In the following gloomy picture the Apostle Paul depicts the general moral decay prior to the end of the world: "In the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power" (2 Tim 3:1-5). Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation." 2 Peter 3:3-4"
With all of these signs, All were to do now is look for the Antichrist. Sure there have been antichrist figures(hilter, stalin etc), but the one we are to look for now, will be someone brazen enough to challenge God. His traits: The anti-Christ will be a man, who will deceive the nations with persuasive language, and have a MASSIVE Christ-like appeal and will include a quick and illegal rise to power. the prophecy says that people will flock to him and he will promise false hope and world peace, and when he is in power, will destroy everything. The end is near, no fear, look up.