Does It Seems Something Is Out of Whack?
In recent years, I just have this eerie feeling that something is just not right. I can't put my finger on it but some random events have convinced me that I was not imagining this. Let me state my case. You be the judge.
I am a 60+ year old baby boomer that have lived through many ups and downs of our country. Through booms and recessions, peace and war, life was good for the most part and the country was optimistic and looks to a brighter future for our kids. In recent years, somethings just seems to be "off" for the lack of a better word. Somethings has fundamentally changed and I'm not sure it is a good thing. Let me identify a few things in the news and world events that prove my case. In each item, just ask yourself if this was a remote possibility in your youth (20 years ago or so). How are they happening today in the last 5-10 years?
Bill Cosby - America's Dad
Gas Prices 2016
Some Random Items...
- Bill Cosby - America's dad and honored actor, writer and comedian charged with sex crimes.
- Disappearance of MH370 - a Malaysian commercial jet drop out of radar and never heard again.
- The Federal Reserve Fund Interest rate staying at near 0% for 9 years.
- Banks charging people to deposit their savings. (negative interest rate).
- Price of gasoline at the pump cheaper than bottled water or milk (less than $2 per gallon).
- A socialist, Bernie Sanders, running for President on the Democratic ticket and winning.
- Planned Parenthood selling aborted baby parts exposed (whistle blower charged with crime).
- ISIS chopping innocents heads off and raping young girls (world silent).
- Trump leading candidate for President on Republican ticket (reality TV star).
- US Constitution banned from University campus.
- High School Coach fired for praying before game.
- Supreme Court rulings on ACA healthcare act (words don't have meaning any more).
- Pope Francis praises Russia's Putin.
- MLK quote on Content of Character... not inclusive enough.
- BLM targets cops (but ignores daily shootings in Chicago).
What is Wrong With This Chart?
Some Possible Theories...
- End Times Prophecy
- One World Order Conspiracy
- Approaching Singularity
Some have claim the odd events of recent times are signs of the End of Days as prophesied in the Bible. Unrest in the Middle East, rise of false Gods, economic unrest and rejection of Religion are all part of the larger plan outlined in the Book of Revelations.
Some others think they are part of the master plan by the One World Order crowd who wants to create chaos and unrest so that nations will submit their sovereignty over to a World Organization such as the United Nations to save the day.
Some in the technology arena thinks and warns that we are approaching the singularity where intelligent machines will surpass humans.
Personally, I just think we as a society have lost track of our past history and some "common sense." Our schools don't teach the basics of history and civics and morals. When we see that average people have so little knowledge of basic facts as exhibited by the "man in the street" interviews, you have to wonder what is going on here? How can so many people be so clueless? They know more about celebrities than our elected officials.
Some Related Info
- Exposing The Black Lives Matter Movement For What It Is: Promotion of Cop Killing - Katie Pavlich
It's time to expose the Black Lives Matter [BLM] movement for what it is: a racist, violent hate group that promotes the execution.02/10/2016 10:59:18AM EST.
- When Martin Luther King, Jr. Just Isn't Inclusive Enough: U of Oregon Debates Pulling Quote - Hit &a
“Diversity is so much more than race...there are people who identify differently in gender and all sorts of things like that," says one student.
- Antonin Scalia went full Scalia in his Obamacare dissent - The Washington Post
Obamacare? More like SCOTUScare, amiright?
- The charges against anti-Planned Parenthood filmmaker, explained - The Washington Post
The activists are wanted in Texas.
- Negative Interest Rates - Bloomberg QuickTake
Imagine a bank that pays negative interest. Depositors are actually charged to keep their money in an account. Crazy as it sounds, several of Europe’s central banks have cut key interest rates below zero and kept them there for more than a year. Now
- BREAKING: High school boots praying football coach | Fox News
Coach Joe Kennedy has been booted from the locker room at Bremerton High School in Washington State.
- Pope Francis Sees Putin As 'Only Man' to Defend Christians Around the World
This is just a random commentary on the state of our nation and culture in 2016. Something seems to be happening and I'm sure it is "progress" or progressive. It seems to be a lack of common sense in both government and society. God help us.