Dying to Live: Lessons in Bearing Spiritual Fruit.
- Walking in Hope. How to deal with hopelessness.
Hopelessness is a pain in our world that resides in peoples lives day by day. But there is hope in hardships and there is an answer on how to get away from feeling hopeless.
Learning Bears Fruit in our Lives
When I was a small child, I learned very quickly to not play with fire. I took my mothers hot glue gun, let it take its time heating up and squirted a humongous glob onto my stereo (of which I was trying to fix a button) As I did so, I misunderstood the grasp or even the concept of gravity. The sweltering hot glue splattered out right atop my knee.
I peeled it off quickly, gnashing my teeth from the pain. But the damage was done. I sustained a heavy burn, the flesh was gone and it took months to heal properly. Luckily, it had not penetrated deep enough for stitches. But it left a deep scar right atop my knee that I still have today.
I learned a painful lesson from my choice.
If you listen to an elderly person talking about their past, you may find yourself not only engulfed in their life story, but learning a lesson to carry with you the rest of your life.
"They shall still bring forth fruit in old age..." Psalm 92:14.
In life, our hardships and choices can push us to the brink of insanity. We can either chose to walk boldly through those choices and let God lead us, or keep falling into the ditches of despair.
People that have learned to "fine tune" their choices, hardships and mistakes are the type of people who are not only willing to learn from their choices, but also grow into stronger, spiritual champions. Fine tuned. In the Bible, Luke 8:14 talks about bringing forth fruit to perfection.
"The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life." Proverbs 11:30.
Let's break down the differences in a person who is bearing positive spiritual fruit and people who are not. Hopefully, you will be able to discern these characteristics within yourself and step out in faith to make the appropriate changes.
Don't worry, if you are living wrong you must know God is greater than your choices. He can heal, deliver and break the chains of sinful bondage you have let in your life holding you back from God's mercy and grace.
14 Fruitful Truths about Growing
- That which is produced by the inherent energy of a living organism. God's spirit is within you. Alive!
- Works/deeds. People bearing fruit will do what is right.
- Fruit being the visible expression of power working inwardly and invisibly. People can see your goodness and love for God!
- That character of the fruit being evidence of the character of the power producing it. Meaning, it becomes obvious God is working in you and for you!
- The invisible power of the Holy Spirit in those who are brought into living union with Christ. (john 15:2-8,16).
- Fruit of the Spirit (Galations 5:22) which is the unity of the character of the Lord:Love, peace, long suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, meekness, joy, temperance.
- Peacable fruit, outward expression of divine chastening. If you do falter and make a bad choice, God will discipline you until you learn your lesson!
- The fruit of righteousness in sown in peace. (James 3:18).
- Those who make peace produce a harvest of righteousness (Ephesians 5:9).
- Knowing that God is good. (Mark 10:18, Acts 7:52).
- Having the Spirit of truth (John 16:13).
- Sanctification. The deliverance from a life of sin and through service to God. (Romans 6:22).
- Your conduct in every day life. "Who is wise, and he shall understand these things? Prudent, and he shall know them? For the ways of the LORD are right, and the just shall walk in them.." Hosea 14:9.
- Bringing forth fruit to perfection based on what you have learned. (Luke 8:14). "The labor of the righteous tendeth to life..." Proverbs 10:16.
Now let's break it down and see what it looks like for people who are being spiritually defeated, dead, and unfruitful. People who continue to chose to follow their own way and not look to our creator
5 Unfruitful Ways that will Kill You from the Inside Out
- Those influenced by the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches. (Matthew 13:22, Mark 4:19).
- Works of darkness. What you do is evil. Your actions, thoughts and attitudes.
- Believers who fail to maintain good works. (Titus 3:14). Selfishness.
- Failure to supply in ones faith the qualities of: virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, Godliness, love of the brethren, love. (Second Peter 1:8).
- Spiritual death. The activities and choices made resulting from a state of alienation from God. "I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doing." Jeremiah 17:10.
"Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse. A blessing if ye obey the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you this day: and a curse, if ye will not obey your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day to go after other gods, which ye have not known." Deuteronomy 11:26-28.
A vineyard is a beautiful thing. It is living. It breaths life into the land with color, hope and a sign of prosperity. The grapes grow wisely if tended by people who take heart in doing it right.
Bring in someone totally ignorant, selfish and non ambitious into that vineyard and the grapes will dry up, lose hope and die.
Don't be a dried up grape. If they die, they have brought nothing into the world. No hope. No encouragement. No prosperity.
It is far better to learn from our mistakes, not doing them again and blessing others through the lessons we can learn from God who teaches us as we walk through our life journey.
© 2012 April Savage