Evolution - Weapon of the Enemy in the War For Men's Souls.
A Necessary Doctrine, Sadly Avoided Within our Churches.
In many of my articles, I included a featurette that I call "The Creation Corner", where I challenge both Christians and skeptics to come to their own conclusions from the available evidence. Remember, both creationists and evolutionists have exactly the same evidences from which to draw their conclusions. I felt it necessary to address the Christian community to awaken them to the war that is being waged against us within the school systems, television and movies; even in your doctor's offices. This will not end until the return of our Lord.
As the "joyous atheist" John Bozarth wrote: "The day will come when the evidence constantly accumulating around the evolutionary theory becomes so massively persuasive that even the last and most fundamental Christian warriors will have to lay down their arms and surrender unconditionally. I believe that day will be the end of Christianity."
Be prepared; do not go to a gun fight with a knife!
Revelation is Not Compatible with Evolution.
FOUNDATION - I The Bible is the Word of God
Do you really believe the Bible to be true and accurate? Your answer will determine more than you can imagine. Where do I stand?
- Men were directed and moved by the Holy Spirit. 2 Samuel 23:2; 2 Peter 1:21
- The Word is inspired, not the men for they the willing pens in the hand of God the Holy Spirit.
- The Word is infallible: forever settled in heaven (Psalm 119:89); it will never pass away (Matthew 24:35); it is pure and perfect (Psalm 19:7-8).
- The Word is alive for it enlivens the mind (Psalm 119:130); it is the Creator of the universe (Hebrews 11:3); and by this same Word, the universe will be destroyed (2 Peter 3:5-7).
The Big Bang?
God's Version Fits the Model.
FOUNDATION II - Total Incompatibility
Let's compare models: the biblical creationist (BC) version vs the theistic and evolutionist's (TE) theory.
A little side-note: the only difference between an atheistic and a theistic view of the universe is the letter "a".
- Death: TE - from the beginning - survival of the fittest. BC - with sin came death to both man and to creation (Romans 5:12; 8:19-22).
- Mankind: TE - we evolving into higher beings. BC - along with death, God cursed the ground (Genesis 3:7) and that creation would suffer corruption and decay.
- Do we need a new earth?: TE - we need to take care of our mother nature. BC - all things will be restored (Act 3:20-21); the old will disappear forever (Isaiah 65:17; 2 Peter 3:10-12).
- Were animals originally vegetarians?: TE - No; survival of the fittest again. BC - all animals (Genesis 1:29-30) and not until subsequent to the flood was man given the okay to eat meat (Genesis 9:3).
- Is creation finished?: TE - we are still a young earth with a long way to go. BC - it is finished (Genesis 2:1-3).
- Where did man come from?: TE - from goo to zoo to you. BC - dust. It is here that many theistics equate dust as chemical soup. I wonder what they equate with Adam's rib becoming Eve?
- What does man physically become after death?: TE & BC - they agree; DUST! Again, I wonder how a theistic believer can justify a figurative chemical soup and literal dust?
- Was the initial creation good?: TE - by definition, elimination of the weak and unfit along with death and the struggle to survive do not picture that which is good. BC - creation reflected the character of God and we know from Matthew 19:17 that only God is good. Besides, God said it was good in Genesis 1:31.
- Is Genesis literal?: TE - the evolutionist says, of course not. The theistic one says it is only symbolic. I take it to mean then that God created in Genesis 1:1 is only symbolic? BC - if it does not mean what it says, then no one has the right to say what it does mean.
- Can one species (kind) become another kind?: TE - all you need is time, lots of time, chemistry and chance. BC - per Genesis 1, everything was created after it's own kind. There are many varieties but fixed boundaries exist. All scientists today operate under a classification system based on kinds. The evidence for any in-betweens do not exist, though many have dedicated their lives in the search. The famous anthropologists Louis and Mary Leakey summed up their life's work in the search for early man with this statement; "...the sum total of the evidence we have unearthed in our career can be contained within a single coffin."
- On the order of creation: TE - a big bang of what and where it came from, who knows, then the sun from which evolved the earth as a molten blob, then fish, then plants. BC - the earth came first and was covered with water (Genesis 1:1-2; 2 Peter 3:3-6), then light. The sun did not come into being until the 4th day between plants on day 3 and fish on day 5.
Well, I'll be a monkies uncle.
What about a closer look at man?
- Did mankind descend from ONE man?: TE - men evolved from several different directions, the proof being that there are people on this earth who have not evolved as far as others. BC - one man, Adam; one rib, Eve. Sin came through one man and now all men need a Savior.
- Was the first man an intellectual void?: TE - grunts, sticks, square wheels, fire, etc. BC - per Genesis 2 & 3, Adam had a very complex language as he conversed with God and gave all the animals their names. Moses is the one who recounted the events of creation but was not an eyewitness. This should lead us to understand, that this was a well documented event known to the world's early inhabitants. Adam's offspring were very talented also, being the originators of metal working, music instruments and the development of cities.
Most of the world is in the dark when it comes to the evolution of man: in that a Pandora's box has been opened and has fueled much of the racism that has affected the whole planet. Every conquering nation has set themselves as a superior species over those conquered; the Nazi's of WWII being one of the latest examples. This is just one of a litany of examples of racist beliefs and we do not need to look too far from home. I will address this further in a future article.
Finally, what about a global flood?
- The first answer from an evolutionist would be no, or local at best and that the fossils have been laid down over millions of years. Now here is where the theistic evolutionist has a major problem: if the flood was global, and it was, one of the outcomes of the catastrophic event would have been the destruction of the fossil records of the preceding millions of years. Whereas:
- The true creationist holds to the global flood as a fact with the proof lying in the present fossil record being as Ken Ham (my paraphrase) puts it; "millions and billions of dead things found in strata lay down by water all over the world."