Enlarge my coast
Enlarge My Coast
Oh Lord Of Host.
Bless me Oh Lord, bless me Oh Lord, was the repeated cries from the members of a prayer group. From prayer group and gatherings to the other, they echoed Lord bless me. But in this particular group, some people were sounding unique.”Lord enlarge my tent one prayed, Oh Lord enlarge my coast another prayed.
Shortly after the prayers, a new convert in the group was confused. His confusion was funny. which is better, enlarge my tent oh Lord or bless me oh Lord ,? he asked looking astonished. They all mean the same thing, answered a nearby “brother in the Lord” who was listening to the young man’s questions. Soon the little crowd was divided, those for Oh Lord enlarge my tent and those who preferred Oh Lord bless me. In all they were all speaking the same thing, the same request to the same God.God’s intentions has always been to shower all with blessings and establish our feet in a large place.
2 Samuel 22:17-20 “
“ He sent from above, he took me; he drew me out of many waters; He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them that hated me: for they were too strong for me. They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the LORD was my stay. He brought me forth also into a large place: he delivered me, because he delighted in me.”
He intends for us to enjoy freedom and liberty from above, but Satan hinders us, preferring to keep us under bondage, sufferings and oppressions. The prayer, “enlarge my coast ,” according to the man in the encounter above, affects and covers all areas of life. What is my coast ? Who determines the boundaries of my coast? and how can I enlarge my coast ?
God is the one and only one who establishes us and therefore determines the boundaries of our respective coasts. He [God] is the only one reputed for setting boundaries and the legal portions that belongs to us in this life He is the one that marks out the boundaries of our inheritance.
Deuteronomy 32:8 When the most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when he separated the sons of Adam, he set the boundaries of the people according to the number of the children of Israel. He sets and maps out the boundaries of our inheritance.”
As a believer, God has marked out the boundaries you have to follow in life, if you must make rapture. It is the Lord who maps out the boundaries[coasts] of our business, education, activities, ministry, and our social interactions. Of a truth , if we should shun distractions and worldly amusements and follow the road map of the Lord, the sky remains our only limit in life. True success after success in anything you set to do indicates that God is in it, he is also enlarging your tent, coast, boundaries or your boarders and frontiers.
Many people who have prayed this prayer, received God’s answer. Some knew when heaven waved the answer back to them, some however, prayed and prayed and when the answer came wearing the cloth of opportunities, they overlooked it. They failed to possess their possessions, their coasts and tents remained the same. To this group of people, when they failed to recognise the opportunity to enlarge their coasts according to the out-pouring from above, their enemies quickly came in and occupied them.
We should learn from the mistakes of the nation Israel, although God established their coasts and boundaries, they failed to fully occupy their God given territories.
And it came to pass, when Israel was strong, that they put the Canaanites to tribute, and did not utterly drive them out. Neither did Ephraim drive out the Canaanites that dwelt in Gezer; but the Canaanites dwelt in Gezer among them. Neither did Zebulun drive out the inhabitants of Kitron, nor the inhabitants of Nahalol; but the Canaanites dwelt among them, and became tributaries. Neither did Asher drive out the inhabitants of Accho, nor the inhabitants of Zidon, nor of Ahlab, nor of Achzib, nor of Helbah, nor of Aphik, nor of Rehob: But the Asherites dwelt among the Canaanites, the inhabitants of the land: for they did not drive them out.
Neither did Naphtali drive out the inhabitants of Bethshemesh, nor the inhabitants of Bethanath; but he dwelt among the Canaanites, the inhabitants of the land: nevertheless the inhabitants of Bethshemesh and of Bethanath became tributaries unto them. And the Amorites forced the children of Dan into the mountain: for they would not suffer them to come down to the valley: But the Amorites would dwell in mount Heres in Aijalon, and in Shaalbim: yet the hand of the house of Joseph prevailed, so that they became tributaries. And the coast of the Amorites was from the going up to Akrabbim, from the rock, and upward.
We must learn from the mistakes of Israel and their failure to possess their coasts, we must embrace the coasts that God has delineated for us, we must never allow the enemy to share our coasts and tents .
Anywhere your feet steps on, God has promised to release for a possession. Do not curse or pronounce evil on the land wherein you live, wait for the Lord’s visitation, the Lord is capable of enlarging your coast and make rooms and more rooms for you in the land. You must possess your possessions-“ But upon mount Zion shall be deliverance, and there shall be holiness; and the house of Jacob shall possess their possessions.”Obadiah 17.
For God to enlarge your tent and or coasts, you must have something to show, boundaries to boast of. This is because, you can only enlarge that which you possess.
“Oh Lord enlarge my coast” is not a bad prayer, neither is it asking too much. Do not be content with where you are if there are Godly avenues to enlarge. Never be satisfied with just a full cup, press on until the cup runs over according to the words of the Lord. When your cup is full and running over, you can present a bucket, bring bigger containers to contain the blessings of the Lord, bring in others remember the poor. God is willing to bless us without measure, bring in your vessels not a few [2Kings4;3-6].
Of a truth, God is still pleased to hear the cries of his people through this prayer—“Enlarge my coast.” It is a prayer that still arrests heaven’s attention, it is the prayer that won Jabez heaven’s intervention and a big mention in the bible.
Let Us pray
1. Oh Lord of mercy, I thank you for your love towards me, I thank you for your protection towards me, I thank you for your attention and promises to me—
2. I thank you Lord for you have proved yourself worthy to be trusted , especially in this land wherein I dwell.
3. Lord, I feel restricted in this place, I feel my progress is restricted in this land, Lord Enlarge my coast in the mighty name of Jesus.
4. As you established the coast of the people of Israel in the land of Canaan, establish also my coast- in the name of Jesus.
5. Father, search out and show to me all the boundaries of my inheritance and possession in the mighty name of Jesus.
6. It is only the Lord who maps out successful boundaries and coast, father map out my boundaries and direct me on what to do.—in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
7. Lord establish my coast and help me to embrace it in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
8. God forbid that the enemy should occupy my coasts and possessions, God forbid that the enemy should occupy my inheritance—in the mighty name of Jesus.
9. While others are weeping and wiping away their inheritance through unbelief, help me to embrace the coast and boundaries you have delineated for me in the name of Jesus.
10. I must never allow the enemy, Satan and his agents to rule over my possession in the mighty name of Jesus.
11. I thank you God for making room for me in this land,I thank you for lifting up your right hand of righteousness to favour me—in the name of Jesus.
12. Lord, open my eyes to see all the Godly opportunities in this land in the mighty name of Jesus.
13. Lord, if you have made room for me in this land, teach me how to grab the opportunities as they flood my way in the mighty name of Jesus.l
14. I confess that upon mount Zion,there shall be deliverance and I am the house of Jacob which must possess their possessions in the mighty name of Jesus.
15. I can only enlarge what I possess, father , show me my physical and spiritual possessions and enlarge them in the mighty name of Jesus.
16. I can’t be contented with good where I can do better,I can’t be content with the second best, where the best is there for me in the name of the Lord of hosts.
17. I have the opportunity to view the world from the top of the hill, why view only a village ?, I reject it in the mighty name of Jesus.
18. I know Jesus is always ready to bless those who call upon him, in the day of trouble, I then bring all the worries, cares and anxieties to him .
19. I am not just satisfied with a full cup, I press on for a running over, so that it will benefit others in the, mighty name of Jesus.
20. I pray oh Lord for your increase in my life, enlarge my financial tent, enlarge my spiritual tent, my academic tent, material tent, social tent,my health, my vision and etc in the name of Jesus.
21. Enlarge yourself in me, enlarge your blessings, your grace and provisions in my life—in the mighty name of Jesus.
There is no better prayer to pray than this. When Jabez, the author of this prayer cried unto his maker to cancel the curse of his mother and enlarge his tent and or coast to match his honourable beginning, God heard him from above and he was entreated of him. Likewise, I promise you that as you join me in praying these prayer points, God will do to you, what he did to Jabez, God will of a truth enlarge your coast as he did to Jabez.
Lord of Host
- I Refuse To Live In Jabez