Everything You Need to Know About a Gemini and Pisces Romance
Gemini + Pisces
Gemini loves to talk and Pisces loves to dream. Pisces will like having someone who wants an attentive audience. Gemini is a conversationalist, flirty, and charming — and they are also moody, so they can relate to water signs.
- Gemini is an air sign. He is ruled by Mercury, the planet of communication and logic. Gemini is the mutable spring sign.
- Pisces is the final sign of the zodiac. She is a water sign. She is ruled by Jupiter, the planet of healing and growth. Pisces is the mutable winter sign.
Gemini can be childlike and goofy, while Pisces can be dreamy and an old soul. Gemini will be looking for something lighthearted, refreshing, and bubbly. He is a very active sign. Gemini wants to be on the go, collecting ideas, and he wants to give a lot of attention to his relationships.
Pisces, on the other hand, wants to give as much as possible in the relationship, be the nurturer, and help strengthen the relation. Pisces is searching for true love.
Since Pisces is such a nurturing sign and Gemini likes to keep things light, this could help create a really kismet connection. Gemini needs to explore life and needs some independence. But they will want to come back to talk about the new things they discovered. Gemini is flighty, they love to go a million miles ahead, and they're afraid they don't have emotional depth.
Gemini needs someone who is patient with them. Someone who can listen to all their ideas, anxieties, and ambitions.
Pisces can help Gemini put words to their emotions, and Gemini can help Pisces expand her horizons.
Even though water and air are vastly different, they can work out these differences and be able to look out for each other, making for a magical combination.
I think air and water signs do well when they are both cardinal, fixed, or mutable. Gemini and Pisces are both mutable. They have scattered energy. They go in different directions. They're excitable. They make for strong multi-taskers.
Gemini is great at understanding nuances, and Pisces is great at empathy. These two can confuse each other and also inspire each other.
Pisces can be full of vision, fantasy, and emotions, and it can all change rapidly and be difficult for Pisces to explain. Gemini is dealing with constant changing thoughts, which can also be difficult to understand. I think these two will have empathy for each other, but they can confuse each other with so much energy.
- Gemini and Pisces are considered a square relationship. This occurs when you have the same modality — mutable — and neighboring seasons, in this case winter and spring.
- Square relationships make for fascinating combos. They can have strong forces to them that both attract and repulse people. This tension can feel psychic to those in it.
For Gemini and Pisces, my advice is to be quick to nurture and appreciate each other. Be slow to judge and dismiss.
This relationship would be like if Peter Pan (Gemini) and the Little Mermaid (Pisces) got together. You have someone who is constantly going into new territory, socializing immediately, and an incredibly youthful heart — we all know Peter Pan doesn't want to grow up. The other person is ready to love, sacrifice themselves, and is literally living under the sea in imagination — Ariel lives on the edge.
Sometimes clarity in this relationship will come after the fact. Don't be too quick to decide; if you don't understand, give it a moment and try to allow yourself to process what is before you.
Both of these signs are sensitive. Pisces may struggle with Gemini and have a hard time pinning him down. Pisces might find Gemini's sarcasm and humor too much. Water signs tend to be more serious than Gemini.
Pisces, my advice: don't be afraid to open up your emotions and be vulnerable in order to help wake Gemini. It's okay to cry and see the world differently from your partner.
And Gemini: don't run. Try going toward your partner's emotions and learn more about your emotions. Stop being afraid of vulnerability. Embrace the emotional times. Get out of your head every once in awhile.
Tips for Gemini + Pisces
1. Dear Pisces: Gemini will talk to you about anything and everything. Don't be alarmed by how much Gemini talks. Be alarmed if they stop talking.
2. Dear Gemini: don't ignore Pisces. Pisces likes the sentimental and to cling — embrace it. Try to see your partner's emotional qualities as positive, even though it may shock you.
3. Pisces, make sure to respect Gemini's space. It's okay if they need boundaries or some space from you. It helps them to clear out their thoughts.
4. Pisces, you have a natural mermaid like quality that draws Gemini in — you are hypnotic to the Gemini. He likes your depth and wisdom. Gemini will like learning about the layers of you. He'll show his flattery in a cerebral way. Don't expect Gemini to be predictable.
5. Pisces will appreciate Gemini for his mind. You don't have to try too hard with your brains.
6. Pisces, take to Gemini's lighthearted ways. It will save you in the long run. Pisces, you want true love. Gemini wants a twin flame. Both of you are relationship oriented.
7. Gemini deals with extremes, duality, and a lot of activity. Don't be surprised to see a lot of different characters out of Gemini.
8. Pisces has the ability to step into any sign and understand it. This is part of the gift of having the 12th house. They have seen everything and experienced everything in being the last house. So it can step in and understand Gemini's duality. You two may feel like you're a whole host of people. Keep things quiet to help stabilize it.
9. Pisces needs help sometimes finding itself rather than its chameleon like nature. Pisces can put too much emphasis on merging in order to find its identity. Practice serenity in your home.
10. You both care about emotions and conversation, but you will come to it with different lenses. Be patient and understanding in order to grow with your partner. Compromise is your friend.
11. Pisces feels like they have value when they are able to take care of someone.
12. Gemini is constantly on the go. Their interests will change, they will find new things they find enjoyable, new hobbies, skills, and the like. Gemini is a dabbler.
13. Gemini can struggle to commit — the air signs are this way. Be patient with the Gemini. Don't put pressure on him to commit.
14. Both of these are fairly easy going signs. Pisces is compassionate and forgiving, but they can focus a lot on darker ideas. Gemini can't hold a grudge for too long.
15. You both have indecisive qualities. It's okay to be direct sometimes.
Pisces is a Dreamer; Gemini is a Talker
Pisces loves to space out and let themselves dream. Sometimes Gemini wants to talk and can sometimes use that energy in other ways. Pisces wants a conversation out of pure interest, not just talking to talk. Water wants authenticity. Gemini wants to explore and have fun.
It will help you to plan dates. Try new things and get out of the home. This can help with the ebb and flow of your energies. Be open minded to try new things, explore new ideas.
Both signs are going to be naturally interested in each other, and you'll be able to naturally fix the bumps on the road. Remember you two are there to support each other. Not be hostile. I think if you remember your partner isn't hostile and that you are safe, it will help you to relax.
Relationships are about growing together, learning about each other, and sharing lessons on love together. Gemini reminds us to look everywhere for discoveries and Pisces reminds us of the lesson of unconditional love.
Watch Hayao Miyazaki Movies
Gemini is constantly on the lookout for new thoughts. He'll like that Pisces is naturally philosophical, looking for fantasy, and desires beauty.
Gemini will be inspired by Pisces. Gemini constantly has his head in the clouds, so it is nice to have someone who can see the world in an abstract way.
These two are very complimentary, with some similarities in their temperament. They are kind of like a Hayao Miyazaki movie. His movies almost always have a scene up in the sky. His movies are also always imaginative.
You might learn something from watching his films whether Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Castle in the Sky, or Princess Mononoke.
Allow yourself to be free in this relationship. Let go of expectations and see where your romance will take you. Allow this relationship to feel liberating.
You'll find that letting go of expectations allows you to enjoy beauty. It allows you to partake in more wild conversations.
Quick Glance at Gemini and Pisces
May 21 - June 20
February 19 - March 20
Arms and Shoulders
Yin or Yang
This content reflects the personal opinions of the author. It is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and should not be substituted for impartial fact or advice in legal, political, or personal matters.
© 2017 Andrea Lawrence