- Religion and Philosophy»
- Astrology & Metaphysics
Find Your Truest Self Through Astral Projection
Imagine flying through the darkest corners of the universe, instantly visiting any place on earth, contacting lost loved ones, communicating with spirit guides, and eliminating your fear of death. Sound crazy? These are only a few of the amazing benefits of astral traveling.
To better understand this phenomenon let us first understand what is meant by the term “astral body”.
The three bodies of man
Let’s have a closer look at the theory of our subtle or “spiritual” anatomy. Imagine your body in three tightly woven layers: a physical body, an astral body, and a causal body. Each body is slightly more difficult for us to perceive than the previous one. And resting at the center of it all is your true self which is pure consciousness.
The physical body is the one we can understand the most. We can touch it and see it and it is what we normally refer to as “our” body.
The astral body is next and it is thought to be an energetic “double” of our physical body. This is the body that Hindus and Buddhists believe reincarnates, taking a new physical body at birth.
The third body is known as the causal body. This body can be difficult to truly comprehend. I like Wikipedia’s definition as simply: the highest or innermost subtle body that veils the true soul.
What happens when you astral travel?
When we astral travel, our astral body separates from our physical body but is connected by an energetic thread known as the Silver cord. This cord will never break except at death. So no matter where you travel outside of your body, you will always be able to come back.
Many people believe that we astral project all the time while we sleep. During sleep, our astral body is liberated from our earthly realities and is free to roam this plane or others. It can fly, walk through walls, or be in two places at once.
Another example is called an OBE or Out of Body Experience. An OBE is usually associated with a traumatic or near death experience. Much like sleep, these are unintentional moments where the astral body leaves the physical. We’ve all heard stories about someone floating on the ceiling of the hospital room and looking down at themselves on the operating table.
And then there are the gifted few who claim to be able to leave their physical body at will and explore the universe, talk with angels, meet loved ones who have passed on, travel to different planes of existence, and even receive information about their future. These people travel out of body frequently and claim that it is safe to do, and that anyone can accomplish it with a little practice.
Can you travel to different dimensions?
There is a theory of seven different planes of existence. They range from the physical plane that we are familiar with here, to different astral planes that our soul will journey through after death, all the way to a spiritual realm where we ultimately merge with God.
During an out of body experience our “energy” body can mingle with dimensions of equal vibration or frequency.
These planes are all right here in front of us only we can’t see them because they operate at different vibrations and frequencies than we are currently “tuned in” to. It is much like a television set where the entire range of broadcast is available to you, only you’re viewing a certain channel or frequency one at a time.
A few tips for those interested in astral travel
Everybody’s experience is unique. If three people look at an apple on a table, you’re likely to get three different descriptions. The terminology and descriptions differ from traveler to traveler, but there is common ground in the theory as a whole.
That being said, I’ve put together a few of the more popular and agreed upon tips. Just keep in mind that although it is possible to achieve, it is nowhere near as simple as some people claim. But witnessing your spiritual body with your own eyes is a life changing event that everyone should experience.
- Surroundings. You’re going to want to get comfortable. This whole first part is about deep relaxation. So you’ll need a place that’s nice and quiet. Lie on your bed if you’d like, or choose your favorite chair during a peaceful time of the day.
- Develop a deep relaxation technique. Meditation works great here. Or if you’d like, you could probably try a relaxation cd; whatever works. But the idea is to relax your mind and relax your body. Don’t fall asleep.
- Develop a separation technique. Here’s where everybody on the planet has a step by step book, or audio kit, or workshop, guaranteeing a successful astral projection. Probably one of the best pieces of advice is to not focus so hard on “it” happening. You do have to be confident that it will happen, but be patient and try placing your attention instead on really feeling the vibrating “aliveness” inside your physical body. Especially if you’ve never noticed it before. See how you tingle in the areas where you focus your energy. Concentrate on your astral body and your true self, the consciousness at the center of it all.
- Overcome any fear of separation. When you do get to the point in which you begin to separate from your physical body, you should actually be in such a deep state of relaxation that not a whole lot would startle you. Most people tend to relate this experience with dying and understandably so. But in fact it is quite the opposite. Experiencing your spiritual body is enlightenment. Now you can begin to understand that no one really dies.
- Practice and dedication. If you are planning to consciously attempt to leave your physical body it is going to take discipline and a daily practice to achieve. It is not something you accomplish after a few beers on the weekend.
I have had an experience which made me aware of my spiritual body
What I would like to endorse most in this article is a beautiful union with your soul, and not some mystical journey through the cosmos. I have a feeling that many people who are unfamiliar with this subject might think of it as tinkering with dark forces. My personal experience was unintentional and came after months and months of meditating three times a day and balancing my chakras. I felt absolutely blessed to be given such knowledge. How could I possibly look at the world the same way after that? Life and death and our human existence took on a completely different meaning for me. And it will change your life too.