- Religion and Philosophy»
- Christianity, the Bible & Jesus
False Teachers in End Times
by Amber Maccione
“But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not” (2 Peter 2:1-3 KJV).
“Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits...” (Matthew 7:15-16a KJV).
“And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many” (Matthew 24:4-5, 11 KJV).
So what do false prophets do?
- They speak heresies (an error in religion theology that speaks directly against or contradicts what the Bible says is true)
- They deny the Lord (talk about other ways besides through Jesus to be saved)
- They live a lifestyle that contradicts what the Bible says is a holy lifestyle and one above reproach (look at their fruit; does it reflect what the Bible says is good? Or do they live in sin and use Scripture to try and justify it?)
- They ask you to give money or all about you giving money
- They deceive many people (a wolf in sheep’s clothing)
I have my ideas on certain people that may be false prophets such as religious teachers accepting homosexuality and saying it is not a sin, always asking you to give money when they are driving around in lavish cars and living lavish lifestyles, and never talk about sin and hell and our need for Christ as our savior. I will not list or name a bunch of people for that is not my place to judge.
But I have given you a check list. When listening to someone who preaches what they say is the Word of God, make sure that you study it for yourself as well. Go through the check list and ask yourself if this should be a person you heed based on what the Bible warns me to be careful of.
Intro to Series: End Times Prophecies
- Are We Living In End Times?
This is the introduction to two series that I am about to emerge on - End Times Prophecies and What Jewish festivals reveal about the End Days.
Part 3 in Series: End Times Prophecies
- Natural Disasters in End Times
Part 3 in the series "End Times Prophecies." This article takes a look at some of the natural disasters in 2012 that caused mass deaths and damage across the globe.
Part 2 in Series: End Times Prophecies
- Homosexuality & the Institution of Marriage in End Times
Part 2 in the series entitled "Are We Living in End Times?: End Times Pophecies". This takes a look at how homosexuality and sexual immorality have destroyed the institution of marriage.
Copyright © 2013 http://ambercita04.hubpages.com/ All Rights Reserved