- Religion and Philosophy»
- Christianity, the Bible & Jesus
"Faye 's Daily Words Of Encouragement # 227 Todays word Is: Cup"
"Faye's Daily Words Of Encouragement # 227 Today's word Is : Cup"
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of my enemies: thou anoint my head with oil my cup runneth over.Psalms 23-5
"Faye's Daily Words Of Encouragement # 227 Today's Word Is : Cup
- Definition of the word Cup : An open container for serving beverage, broth, etc. It's a standard 8 0unces.
- Psalms chapter 23 -5 : Thou preparest a table before me ;in the presence of my enemies; thou anoint my head with oil my cup runneth over
- Matthews chapter 42 -10 : And whosoever shall give to drink one of these little ones, a cup of cold water only, in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.
- Matthews chapter 20 - 22 : But Jesus answered and said, ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with.
- Matthews chapters 23 - 25: Woe unto you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
- Matthews chapter 26 - 27 : And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them,saying, drink ye all of it.
- Mark chapter 9 - 41 :For who whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ,verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.
- Mark chapter 14 - 23 : And he took the cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them: and they all drink of it.
- Luke chapter 22 - 20 : Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.
- Luke chapter 22 - 42 : Saying, father, if thou be willing remove this cup from me, nevertheless, not my will, but your will be done.
- John chapter 18 - 11 : Then said Jesus unto Peter, put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which my father hath given me, shall I not drink it?.
- 1 Corinthians chapter 10 - 16 : The cup of blessings which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ:? thee bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ.
- 1 Corinthians chapter 11 - 27 :Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord; Unworthy, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
- Today's daily words of encouragement word is Cup:A cup is a container to hold beverage,drink or other beverages, it also can be a blessing or a curse to drink from. Jesus encountered the proverbial cup of crucifixion, when he was face to with being crucified on the cross and even he ask God if the cup could be remove from him , but he also said for God to let his will be done, this was the human side of Jesus that didn't want to suffer this affliction, that would be his destiny.
- There are many cups that was used in the bible. The cups of communion, when the brad was used for the body of Christ and the wine for the blood of Jesus for the Lord's supper; which is the cup of blessings. Just like Jesus, we all have our special cups to drink from , and the drink isn't always a good drink,to taste, but we have to drink from it, just like Jesus did.
- Benny Faye Douglass