Flame Meditation: A meditation technique for beginners
Meditation is a technique for focussing the mind on the present moment. The crucial skill of meditation is learning to focus, to be completely concentred on the present moment. To achieve this focus there are different methods like breathing technique, mantra meditation etc.
Now here I am going to tell u about the most easy and simplest form of meditation particularly useful for beginners and the people who are visually oriented. This technique is called Flame meditation. The best time to practice this type of meditation is somewhat dark environment.
Procedure for Flame meditation:-
- First of all put the object of your concentration i.e. the candle flame at a suitable distance from your eyes. Now the distance you choose totally depends on you. Ideally the distance must be somewhat between 35-50 cm.
- Now, relax your body and keep the spine straight.
- Breathe freely and calmly don’t put much effort in breathing just be comfortable.
- Now, after 5-10 min when you feel that you are at ease and relaxed then open your eyes.
- Focus all your attention on the candle flame. See the candle flame moving, dancing, flickering or whatever it does on its own. Don't stare too much coz it can damage your eyes.
- Don’t wish or expect anything from the flame. I mean don’t wish the candle flame to do some fancy stuff.
- Whenever in the process your mind starts wandering simply comeback to the object again.
- Do this for 5-10 minutes. Now, if you feel you can close your eyes and then mentally visualize the candle flame.
- Visualize it as long as you can. Visualize it moving, dancing or whatever it was doing in reality.
- Do this for as long as you like.
- Now, slowly take your thoughts back and then stretch your body and open your eyes and you are done.
- It can improve the concentration.
- It can make your mind calm and clear.
- It can help you to fight stress and addictions.
- It gives your mind stability.
For more information you can visit my site: Meditation Techniques
Some Other Hubs By Me
- Guided Meditation: A Relaxation Technique
Relaxing with guided meditations These days the average stress levels are on rise. The workloads and busy schedules are adding to it. Thus it is becoming more and more difficult for an individual to relax and...
- Cottage Cheese a Healthy Supper and Benefits of cottage cheese
Healthy and balanced diet is one of the most ignored things these days. When the clock strikes seven in the evening most of us get a carving of having some snacks. And to fulfil that we go for some nacho...
- Tips To Quit Smoking
Smoking is injurious to health this is the statutory warning printed on the cigarette packets. But is there anything which makes the smokers blind to such warnings or is it something like they try to...