- Religion and Philosophy»
- Christianity, the Bible & Jesus
1 Chronicles Chapter 16: Talking with God
A good reminder that we should make it a point to give God praise. If my sequencing of conscious actions/thoughts is where it should be upon rising, it will go like this:
1. First recognize God, understanding that He is responsible for my existence. Thank Him for giving me air to breathe, for just being Him and for providing.
2. Then it always seems right to call out my owns failings, asking for forgiveness and help going forward.
3. Some prayer for those in need. Matter of fact, this just reminded me to go to my own prayer list, make a few new additions and pray for those already on it.
4. Next come the personal concerns, we can appeal for help. God cares.
Always a good idea to take care of these things right off the bat. Get firmly grounded before the onslaught of daily activity and issues come our way.