Giving My Jonah Sleepless Nights.
Sleepless Nights For My "Jonah"
Storms of life comes in various shades and colors, it has the characteristics of creating an atmosphere of dread and fear for loss of life or properties. For sure it upsets to a reasonable extent the balance of peace and the calm in any environment or life and leaves it’s victims gasping for breath.
However, it will be pertinent to note that during this stormy winds and waves, there are still people who sleep through undisturbed, as if nothing is happening . In this category are physical or spiritual criminals. Though they are the architects of the raging waves, they sleep un-noticed. They sleep the criminal sleep of an irresponsible, cult, cum callous person. Though they sleep through the storm, lacking nothing in time of famine, their brand of sleep is simply “CRIMINAL”. They are found in the families, in the villages, offices, and the society at large. Jonah in the bible represented this group. Jonah 1;1-16.
Though he was the cause of the raging storm, through his disobedience and disregard of God’s instructions. He slept undisturbed in the hinder part of the ship. When God’s storm pursued Jonah, it affected Jonah’s colleagues in the ship God caused such a severe storm to arise, forcing the ship’s crew to cast lots to see who was responsible for what they assumed must be from God.
Surprisingly, while the sea waves threw the ship to the heights, the cause of God’s anger[Jonah], was fast asleep. It took the careful observation of the crew to discover that while they threw away their wares into the sea, to save their life, “this man” Jonah was snoring.
As suspected, Jonah the lot fell on Jonah and he immediately admitted that he was the culprit and requested he must be thrown into the sea for peace to reign. They threw him overboard and the sea became calm again.
Sequel to this story, it is generally believed that when “Jonah” enters anyone’s boat[activities, life], there will be storms. If there is “Jonah” in ones life, activities, community, school, team, church ,group etc, it signals storms, troubles that may rock and hinder progress.
So therefore many people ,especially in the believer’s circles, always pray that there will be no room or chance for Jonah in their boat or activities.
It is not natural that one should sleep through the storm and come out successful but Jesus Christ did, giving us the other side of sleeping through the storm. While the people in the boat with Jonah experienced turmoil ,loss of properties and nearly went down the drains while Jonah slept, the people in the boat with Jesus experienced triumph and gain. Mark 4;35-41.
Demonic forces, witches, wizards, evil men and women as well as very close unfriendly friends may be the Jonah rocking your life’s boat
Now who is this sleeping through the storm in your boat?, Is it Jesus or Jonah? Welcome Jesus in your boat, celebrate Him and turn around to destroy in the name of Jesus, the criminal Jonah tampering with your destiny.
1. Lord Jesus, I thank you for your mercy and kindness towards me, I thank you for choosing to be in my boat, I thank you for the salvation of my soul.
2. This is not how my boat was, Who is this Satanic Jonah sleeping in my boat? I come against you in the mighty name of Jesus.
3. Lord, reveal and put to shame any Jonah pretending to be a genuine member of my boat in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
4. As Balaam's donkey refused to carry him to Baalak, let my boat be too hot for the sleeping Jonah, let my boat refuse to carry him or her in the mighty name of Jesus. Numbers 22;22-36.
5. As the angel of the Lord stood on the way as an adversary to Balaam, let the angel of the Lord stand on the way of this sleeping Jonah as an adversary in the mighty name of Jesus Christ..Numbers 22;22.
6. As all the evil intentions of Baalak against the people of God came to nothing but shame, let all the evil plans of this Jonah fail him, let this Jonah wear shame like clothing in the name of Jesus.
7. Oh Lord, send terror on this criminal sleeping Jonah ,for I trust in thee.
8. May the God of battle shoot His arrows against my Jonah, and may the Jonah sleeping in my boat be shot by the sharp arrows of the Lord and be brought to nothing, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
9. Many enemies and sleeping Jonah were around me on every side, but I destroyed them by the power of the Lord.
10.Let this Jonah burn out quickly like brush fire, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
11.I bind and cast out of my life, every spirit of Jonah working against my destiny ,I refuse to be stagnant physically and spiritually in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
12.I break and dismantle every road-block constructed by this Jonah to hinder my divine breakthrough, in the name of Jesus.
13.I challenge and destroy by thunder and fire ,any Jonah in my boat causing hardship in my life, in the mighty name of Jesus.
14.Any Jonah[evil power]turning my clock backwards and speaking demotion into my life must be roasted by the fire of God in the mighty name of Jesus.
15. Every satanic transmission and monitor of my progress receive total blackout and fail , in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
16. May God blind this Jonah from seeing my boat again in this life , in the mighty name of Jesus.
Whoever goes to the Lord for safety, remains under the protection of the Almighty, He will keep you safe from all hidden dangers and all deadly diseases. He will cover you with His wings and you will be safe in His arms. You need not be afraid of dangers at night nor sudden attacks during the day. Troubles may bubble around you, but you will not be harmed.
You will look out and see the punishment of the wicked.
Since you have made the Lord your refuge, He will give His angels charge over you, to protect and keep you in all your ways.
Surely, they will hold you up with their hands to keep you less you dash your feet against a stone.
Note—Dear brethren, you must rise up now to challenge demonic forces hindering your progress, You must win because Jesus is on your side. Only be born again.
- Sleepless nights and dreams.
Discussing life at home. Talking about the past, and about my mother.
- Tips to decrease sleepless nights
Trouble Sleeping? Frequently tossing and turning at night lately? Making sure that you regularly get a good night’s rest can make all the difference in your level of productivity and emotional state. Crankiness and irritability can be...
- Give Me A Sign--The Surprise That Turned Out to Be a...
This hub discussed how I found out about my second pregnancy. It also discusses the loss of my grandmother and how her death brought about new life.
- The Drama In My Head
Do you have scary, random, vivid, lucid dreams? Have your dreams ever come true-Can I predict the future- these are thoughts that play around my mind. The Drama in my head. I even dreamt about Haiti before the eartquake!
- Waiting on God from My Prayer Closet
I did not think it was possible for God to teach me about waiting without giving me something to wait for and He has given me plenty. Then He lovingly taught me that the best position for waiting is on my knees! If we choose to wait on our knees, we.
- Saved Through prayers.
Saved Through Prayers A group of friends went to a village party organised by a village Friend to say bye to more than 45 years of bachelor life. All was set, the tables were loaded with food and drinks. Unknown to the small group of friends,...