God's Promises for Provision
Jehovah Jireh - The Lord My Provider
Are you living a life of defeat, lack and despair? Well, take heart, because God never intended for His children to live that way! His Word is chock-full of "promises of provision", for every child of God to receive. All you have to do is ask for them!
I am a HUGE fan and follower of Joel Osteen of Lakewood Church in Texas, and he has inspired me not only to live a life of excellence for God, but to delve more into his Word and discover all the goodness He has stored up for His children. As a result of listening to Pastor Joel's teachings and putting God first place in my life, I am living that abundant life that God has so richly promised us in His word, and would like to show you how You can tap into God's goodness, as well!
First and foremost, if you are NOT a child of God (meaning you have not surrendered your heart and life to Him, please stop NOW and go here to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior.(Click on the Ready to Accept Christ? video).
There is no other way to experience God's goodness and favor in your life than to ask Jesus to come into your heart, and be your Lord and Saviour. (John 3:16, Acts 4:12) If you do this with humility and sincerity of heart, you will feel a peace and love like you've never felt before. From this moment on, you will desire to live a life of excellence for God, and your life will never be the same. It is then that you become a child of The Most High God, and are entitled to all the blessings he has promised His children in His Word!
So, now that you've made Jesus your Personal Saviour, how do you live that life of victory and abundance that God has promised? Simply by putting Him first place in your life, and standing on His promises of provision, found in the Bible. Below, you will find a compilation of my favorite "promises of provision" found in God's Word. I suggest you get a Bible, highlight these verses, and meditate on them day and night. Ask God to reveal Himself through His Word, and you will discover a hunger for more and more of Him in your life with each passing day! Above all, seek God FIRST, and everything else will fall into place. (Matthew 6:33) God PROMISES to be faithful to His Word, but you must promise to be faithful to Him!
"The Lord is faithful to all His promises, and loving toward all He has made." - Psalm 145:13
The passage above is very powerful because it states that God is faithful to ALL his promises - not just one or two! Therefore, as you read and meditate on His promises, you can be sure that He will bring them to pass. And remember, God's promises encompass provision for ALL our needs, including our financial, health, mental and spiritual needs! There is not one need in your life that God's promises do not cover! That is why He is known as Jehovah Jireh, the Lord our Provider!
Promises for Provision
"My tongue will speak of your righteousness and of your praises all day long." - Psalm 35:28
The best way to learn God's word is by meditating on His Word "all day long". As you study and learn the promises of provision below, make them a part of your daily devotional, and repeat them often throughout the day. God loves to hear us speak His Words, and He rewards those who diligently seek after Him! Make serving God your FIRST priority, and you will find a desire and a hunger to search out His Word for more of His wonderful promises!
#1 - Promises of Blessings
- "A faithful man will be richly blessed..." - Proverbs 28:20 NIV
- "The Lord will send a blessing on your barns, and on everything you put your hands to." - Deuteronomy 28:8 NIV
- "From the fullness of His grace, we have all received one blessing after another." - John 1:16 NIV
- "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in My house, and test Me now in this," says the Lord of hosts, "if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until it overflows." - Malachi 3:10
"You will be blessed when you come in, and blessed when you go out." - Deuteronomy 28:6
#2 - Promises of Abundance (Prosperity)
- "But remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you the ability to produce wealth." - Deuteronomy 8:18 NIV
- "How great is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you." - Psalm 31:19 NIV
- "Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth." - 3 John 2
- "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11 NIV
- "It is the blessing of the Lord that makes rich, and He adds no sorrow to it." - Proverbs 10:22
#3 Promises of Health
- "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, and they shall walk and not faint." - Isaiah 40:31
- "For I will restore health unto you, and I will heal you of your wounds, saith the Lord." - Jeremiah 30:17
- "Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all." - Psalm 34:19
- "Thy light shall break forth as the morning, and thy health shall spring forth speedily..." - Isaiah 58:8
- "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who heals all thy diseases." - Psalm 103:2-3
#4 Promises of Peace
- "...The Lord lift up His countenance on you, and give you peace " - Numbers 6:26
- "In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You alone, O Lord, make me to dwell in safety." - Psalm 4:8
- "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not be afraid." - John 14:27
- "I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world, you will have tribulation. But take heart, I have overcome the world." - John 16:33
- "You will keep in perfect peace, those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you." - Isaiah 26:3
As I mentioned earlier, this is only a small sampling of the many, many promises of hope, love, and encouragement in God's Word! If you have a specific need for some area of your life, Google the many Bible scriptures pertaining to that need, then search them out in your own Bible. Make your own "Promises of Provision" list and meditate on it day and night. If you are faithful and truly seek God through His Word, I PROMISE you will see Him work in amazing ways in your life, and you, too, will live a life of blessing, prosperity and peace!