With What Can You Compare God's Power?
Receive Fruits From God
Trumpets Fall Down A Wall
God"s Expectations Of Us
God expects us at first live lives which are holy! When we lead holy live lives that pleases God is when we can receive directions from God of our lives. Holy lives pleases God .Holy lives lives act as living sacrifice to our maker. The sacrifice taps into God's grace and mercy.
- And so dear brothers and sisters,I plead with you to give your bodies to God.Let them be a living and holy sacrifice-the kind He will accept. When you think of what He has done for you,is this too much to ask? Romans 12:1 New Living Translation.
God expects us to obey Him. It is only when we obey God to the latter that He manifests Himself to us. His Commandments must be fully obeyed. Obedience pleases God and Makes Him execute all that He promises to do.
- With these weapons we break down every proud argument that keeps people from knowing God. With these weapons we conquer their rebellious ideas and we teach them to obey Christ.2 Cor 10:5 New Living Translation.
God Expects us to have faith in Him. Faith is the confident assurance that what we hope for is going to happen. It is the evidence of things we cannot see. Hebrews 12:1 .It is only when we have this faith in God that His miracles start happening in us. I f Joshua and his people would have not have had this faith,then they would't have followed the instructions that God gave them. After-all they never looked sound enough. But they knew God and His workings. We have to know His ways too.
- Therefore,since we have been made right in God's sight by faith,we have peace with God with what Jesus Christ has done for us. Romans 5:1 New Living Translation.
God expects us to be humble. Humility is God's nature.He expects us to humble ourselves before Him and before others. In all our dealings, we have to exercise humility.
- Don't be selfish; don't live to make a good impression on others.Be humble,thinking of others as better than yourself. Philippians 2:3 New Living Translation.
God expects us to believe we have already achieved what we are asking for.
Believing in God that whatever we ask for from Him we have already received.This belief strengthens our trust in God and makes Him answer our prayers. God loves us the way a father loves his children.He cares and will hearken to our prayers. We have to believe and trust in Him.
- If you believe,you will receive what you ask for in prayer. Matt. 21:22 New Living Translation.
Let God Be God
God's ways amaze me! Why do God's way amaze me? It is due to the fact that He is supreme,omniscient and omnipotent yet He humbles Himself and brings Himself to the ground that very many people scoff and belittle Him So much. He does not take anger and rains them with fire and brimstone but talks to humans in a humbled and subdued way.
- "Come now,let us us argue this out."says the Lord. "No matter how deep the stains of your sins,I can remove it. I can make you as clean as freshly fallen snow. Even if you are stained as red as crimson,I can make you as white as wool." Isaiah 1:18 New Living Translation.
How can these words come from one so great? Does He really have the greatness He purports to have? Many doubting Thomases often tend to doubt. Yet let us observe the way this high deity performs.
Look of how humbly He commands Joshua and his army of the Israelites against Jericho which had its fortress of a wall locked against the Israelite army.
- "Your entire army is to march around the city once a day for six days.Seven priests will walk ahead of the Ark,each carrying a ram"s horn. On the seventh day,you have to march around the city seven times, with the priests blowing the horns. When you hear the priests give one long blast on the horns,have all the people give a mighty shout.Then all the walls of the walls of the city will collapse,and the people can charge straight into the city." Joshua 6:3-5 New Living Translation
That episode as recorded by Joshua gives an incite into who God is.
- He Is humble yet very strong and robust.
- His instructions may look silly and stupid yet they work miracles that no man is able to. Who ever thought that walking around a fortified city and blowing trumpets and shouting will pull down walls!
- His instructions are methodical. They have clear guidelines that you have to follow to the latter. If you do not follow them as instructed then His anger and vengeance may be reverted to you or you might not get the desired results.
- God understands the beginning and the end results of a certain occurrence even before man perceives it.
- God expects total obedience from man. He expects man to be in synchronization with Him.How else will He be able to solve your problems if you are separated from Him?
When Joshua did as God commanded,the walls of Jericho fell down just as God had said and Jericho was taken.Which fortification is enough to shield you from God?
- "I can never escape from your spirit!I can never get away from your presence! If I go to Heaven,you are there;if I go down to the place of the dead,you are there." Psalm 139:7-8 New Living Translation.
The psalmist never saw any place where he could hide from God.We should obey God despite His humble pleadings. God is all powerful and He can be found everywhere.