God's Will For Your Life
Some Christians frequently ask about God's will for their lives?” All Christians will become aware of God’s plan for their lives by understanding some simple principles of God.
What do we mean by the will of God? God's will is God's plan. It is that holy and stated purpose of the Father to make His dear children as much Christlike as possible.
God's will for His people is God's plan for His people.
God's Will Differs
God’s will differs from believer to believer, but there are some things that everyone has in common when it comes to God's will.
- It is God’s will that you learn more about Him. (Colossians 1:9)
- It is God’s will that you grow in grace. (I Thessalonians 4:3)
- It is God’s will that you study His word. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- It is God’s will that you share your faith. (Acts 1:8)
God Reveals His Will
God wants to reveal His will to us that He promised through His word.
- God has promised He will reveal His will to us. (Psalm 32:8)
- God has commanded you to know His will. (Ephesians 5:17)
- God has promised that He is available to you. (Deuteronomy 30:14)
- God will not force His will upon you. We must carefully listen or we will miss it. (Psalm 32:9)
- To not do what God has equipped you to do is to be disobedient. (1 Peter 4:10)
God Has a Will For Everyone
The Bible plainly reveals that God has a plan for all. You will know the plan when you put forth an effort to discern His plan for your life. You should take an objective analysis of your own personality, attitudes, and talents, along with an analysis of the demands and opportunities in various vocations.
God’s plan for your life is in harmony with your capabilities or talents. You will, in return, receive tremendous joy and a deep sense of fulfillment in doing work that is in harmony with God’s will more so than in doing anything else.
God's Unique Will For Some People
God has a plan for everyone, but He has a definite unique plan for some. God is interested in the life work of every one of His children. What He has called you to do, you should do it with all your heart.
Aspects of God's Will
Every child of God is commanded to be a full-time Christian worker. God expects everyone to put His kingdom first. (Matthew 6:33) Everyone is to be a witness for Christ. (Acts 1:8) That should be foremost in the life of every Christian. God has called us to glorify Him.
How God's Will Is Revealed
- God’s will usually proceeds from the general to the specific. No one knows at one time the full measure of God’s purpose for his life. There are always steps in knowing God’s will and plan. Let God follow His own sequence in making His plans clear to you.
- God’s plan is always progressive. God leads step by step. God may call you to new types of service. He may call you to further training. He may call you to new steps of faith and obedience that you have never thought of before. You do not know today all that God’s call will involve a month or a year from today. God is always ready to make each step clear before you.
- God’s will is continuous. It does not begin when you are fifty years old. God has a will for children, young people, adults, and senior seniors. (Isaiah 58:11)
- God’s will is specific. “Your ears shall hear a word behind you saying, “This is the way, walk in it.” (Isaiah 30:21) But the way of the upright is a highway.” (Proverbs 15:19)
- God’s will is profitable. God wants you to prosper and have great success. (Joshua 1:8)
To know God’s will is as easy as asking Him with a sincere heart. Then pay attention when the inner voice of the Spirit of God speaks to you. Sometimes God will speak to you through dreams and visions or through ways that you can understand what His will is for your life.
DO YOU KNOW GOD'S WILL FOR YOUR LIFE?
Living in the Will of God
The Bible says you should do these things if you are to continuous live in the will of God.