- Religion and Philosophy»
- Christianity, the Bible & Jesus
God's Wisdom in Money
God vs money
God's wisdom in money
How can we seek God's wisdom in Christian finances? God says that if we pray anything in His will, believing, it shall be given to us. But God's will and His ways are not always coincidental with ours. So when we turn our finances over to God, we must also willing to accept His direction.
Too often we strike out on our own without any clear direction, sometimes borrowing money to do His work. We forget God says He will not frustrate His work for the lack of money. There is nothing wrong with asking God's direction. But it is wrong to go our own way, then expect Him to bail us out. Christian who do this regularly have not accepted that God's wisdom is superior to theirs.
Does God Realy Works Through Our Finances?
It is a big YES! God is souveriegn. He is the Maker of everything. The Creator of the whole world. He is the blessing-Giver. Proverbs 10:22 says, "It is the blessing of the Lord that makes rich, and He adds no sorrow to it."
Trust God with our finances
How God works through our finances?
- God will use money to strengthen our trust in Him. It is often through money that God can clearly and objectively show us that He is God and in control of everything (Matthew 6: 32-33).
- God will use money to develop our trustworthiness. This principle is important because our lives revolve around the making, spending, and other uses of money.
- God wll use money to prove His love. God assumes the rsponsibility of providing the basic necessities for everyone trusting Him (Matthew 7:11).
- God will use money to demonstrate His power over this world.
God is concerned with our Finances
Steps to Financial Freedom
How can we achieve financial freedom? What must we do according to God's plan?
- Transfer Ownership. A christian must transfer ownership of every possession to God. That means money, time, family, material possessions, education, even earning potential for the future. There is absolutely no substitute for this step. If you believe you are the owner of even a single possession, then the events affecting that possession are going to affect your attitude. If, however, we make a total transfer of everything to God, He will demontrate His ability.
- Freedom from debt. A christian must get out of debt altogether.