- Religion and Philosophy»
- Paranormal Beliefs & Experiences
Ancient Ethiopian Mysteries: Enoch and the Ark of the Covenant
Enoch - The Quest
It is hard to pinpoint where it began, but I will begin with Enoch.
Enoch always fascinated me to no end. The bible says that "Enoch walked with God, and was not, for God took him."
It also says that by faith Enoch was translated so that he did not see death. He simply was taken directly to heaven, not just spiritually, but physically!
I often wondered what is was about Enoch that caused him to just disappear one day, escaping death. Was it because Enoch knew God so intimately that God just dissolved him into thin air?
Was it because Enoch was so holy that God decided that Enoch is the exception to the death rule?
Was it that Enoch's soul got so enraptured in God that God just accepted him into heaven without waiting for death?
This is so intriguing.... so amazing.
We know that Elijah's walk with the Lord was similar. Elijah never saw death. Elijah was taken in chariots of fire up to heaven, escaping death.
But there was something about Enoch's life that was so interesting, so intriguing, calling for someone to dig out this great treasure. Let's begin...
The Book of Enoch
It was long taught and believed by the worlds greatest theologians that the Book of Enoch was a fabrication that was penned sometime between the years 200-300 A.D.
However, once again highly educated and respected theologians were proved to be in error when the Book of Enoch was discovered among the Dead Sea Scrolls dated approximately 200 B.C.
This sparks a series of questions:
Is the Book of Enoch authentic?
Although the manuscripts were dated 200 B.C. does that mean they were written at that time, or copied at that time?
Why were there more copies of the Book of Enoch in the caves of Qumran than Genesis, Exodus, Numbers, Leviticus, 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel, Job, Isaiah, Daniel, Ezekiel, Jeremiah and minor prophets. The only books of the bible that had more quantity were Psalms, and Deuteronomy. The Book of Enoch outnumbered the rest of the books of the Bible.
Not long after Christ died, rose, and ascended, Christians were dispersed. Christianity made its way to Rome which eventually became the Roman Catholic Church.
The Book of Enoch was considered to be Holy Scripture. But the Roman Catholic Church eventually banned the book from the Bible at about 400 A.D. However, the Book of Enoch was kept, almost secretly for 1700 years in Ethiopia. It is regarded to be authentic, canonical, and authoritative scripture among Ethiopian churches.
In recent centuries there were several travelers who rediscovered the Book of Enoch from their travels to Ethiopia. And now, with the popularity and use of the Internet, the Book of Enoch is freely distributed all over the earth with unprecedented popularity.
Furthermore, interest in the Book of Enoch has exploded as the ancient manuscripts found at Qumran further proved the accuracy of the Ethiopian texts.
The Book of Enoch
The Ark of the Covenant
Is this yet another claim among many that the Ark of the Covenant has been found?
No. Rather, this is a claim that it never was lost in the first place.
The Ark of the Covenant is one of the most powerful and extraordinary religion objects in the Old Testament. It was a weapon of war. It's power struck a man dead for irreverently touching it. It was considered to be earth's representation of the very throne of God, and Presence of God.
Mysteriously we do not see this powerful, and divine object mentioned in the Bible past the time of Solomon. Why?
Perhaps the answer is in Ethiopia. Ethiopian priests have been guarding these secrets for thousands of years. There is much compelling evidence that Ethiopia does presently host the official, the original Ark of the Covenant.
Without going into too much detail, here are a few factual nuggets to consider:
- Ethiopia has detailed ancient records that say that the Queen of the South, who visited Solomon conceived a child by him - Menelik. When Menelik came of age, he traveled back to Jerusalem, perhaps with his mother. When arriving there Solomon told him he could have whatever he wanted. Among other things, he chose the Ark of the Covenant. From there he brought it back to present day Ethiopia, where it remains to this day.
- The account of the Ark and its whereabouts, and historical travels around Ethiopia is well documented.
- There is compelling evidence that Ethiopia also hosts some of the original items from Solomons temple, including an ancient gomer, breastplates, and other items relating to the temple. The question arises, if those ancient items are indeed from Solomons temple as well documented, then it makes it easier to believe the Ark of the Covenant is there also.
- The Ark of the Covenant is said to rest at St. Mary's Cathedral. It is a tightly secured church, where absolutely no one is allowed in. There is a monk assigned to be the Ark's guardian, or keeper. Only one man alive can see the ark. There is only one man, one monk living who see it. The monk does not leave the small fenced-in compound. He dedicated his entire life to be confined to the small building within a small fenced area. It has been like this for generations. If this place did not house the original Ark, then why would so many men give their lives for it?
- Many of the monks who are assigned to be the keepers of the Ark claim that they see the glory of God emanating from it. Many of them died young, with cataracts in their eyes.
God's chosen place to hide His treasures
The Book of Enoch was well kept for thousands of years in Ethiopia. Now, in these last days it is revealed... for such a time as this... as the Book itself says, it is written for the last days, for the last generations to live before the Great and Terrible Day of the Lord, where He visits the earth to judge the wicked, and remove all evil.
The Ark of the Covenant was hidden here for thousands of years. It is to be revealed in the last days when the Anti-Christ, the Wicked One is to be revealed. The Ark will be set up once again in a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem, where the Anti-Christ will visit and proclaim he is the messiah. This is the abomination that causes desolation that Jesus, and the prophet Daniel spoke of.
God help us to discern. God help us.