- Religion and Philosophy»
- Astrology & Metaphysics
Color Your Day Green and Balance Energy Levels
Allow Nature To Do Its Work
Colors of Green Help Balance Our Energy
The color green can balance our energy. Green gives us the energy needed to nurture ourselves. When you look at the color green, let it remind you to allow nature to do its work. Let go, breathe in the rich emerald green hues and you will feel natures energy filling your body, mind and spirit.
What does the color green tell you about yourself? If you wear green ( any shade) you are benevolent and service-oriented. It is a symbol of peace and harmony. You are sensitive and artistic.
While green may increase your energy it isn't healthy to have too much hyper-like energy. After we experience this kind of energy and we don't pace ourselves, then we often "hit the wall" and we end up completely exhausted.
Green Brings Uplifting, Positive Thoughts
The Color Green Renews and Refreshes
Green makes me feel fresh. It maks me feel down to earth and reminds me of all the gentle people in my life...it's so peaceful, it's so Godly, so bright and so soothing...i just love green ~ Edner Jilloh
When I see the color green, I think of life. I think of growth and how even during dry periods when the grass is dead and brown, with just a little rain and some sun, it is renewed and green once more. We all have our dry periods when we are stagnate - when we need to feel renewed and refreshed. Sometimes, a good nights sleep or a change in routine is all we need. However, studies have shown that certain colors bring an energy to individuals.
"Green is the prime color of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises." ~ Pedro Calderon la Barca -
Spanish poet and playright1600-1681.
Natural Healers Should Have a Green Aura
What Is A Green Aura?
What exactly is an aura? The aura is the electromagnetic field that surrounds the human body (Human Energy Field-HEF) and every organism and object in the Universe.
Emerald Green relates to heart and lungs.It is a very comfortable, healthy color of nature. When seen in the aura this usually represents growth and balance, and most of all, something that leads to change. An emerald green aura indicates a love of people, animals and nature.
All natural healers should have a green aura. And the stronger the color the better the healer. When you are in the presence of a person with a green aura, you will feel peace and calm. When you visualize, using the color green will bring you to a restful and healing state.
Those with a green aura, also have a green thumb and love to garden and grow plants.
Nashville, Tn. Walking Trail
Facts About the Color Green
Do you know that the color green relates to stability and endurance? Green gives us persistence and the strength we need to cope with adversity.
Here are some facts about the color green you may find interesting:
- Research has shown that the color green can actually improve a students reading ability. When a transparent green sheet is placed over reading text it will increase the readers speed and comprehension.
- "The Green Room" is a place for television guests to wait, relax and relieve their stress.
- Green can have a calming effect in the home.
- The color green is healing
- Websites use the color green for inspiration
- Mother earth - the environment is referred to as green
- Many nurses and hospital workers wear green to relax and soothe patients
- Leonardo da Vinci declared that green represented water.
- The Scottish Highlanders wore green as a mark of honor.
- In Egypt the floors of the temple were green.
- Because of its link with the heart, green urges us to nurture others. Green is also nurturing to us - another reason why it is the most predominant color on earth.
- "Green with envy" - a term used for feeling envious or jealous.
- Used as a term for sickness.
- The color of U.S. currency - "The Greenback"
- Green is a combination of blue and yellow.
The Willow Tree Represents Healing
Healing, Inner-Vision And Dreams
As a child I would walk most anywhere just to behold the beautiful weeping willow tree. I found a sense of peace and healing within my soul. I experienced a deep connection with my creator. I could hear a voice whisper to me, "all is well", my child. My love-starved and empty well, soon filled up with so much love I could barely contain it all.
The willow tree represents healing, inner-vision and dreams. The leaves and bark were used in ancient times for aches and fever. Indians, as well, used the tree because it contains acid, acetyl salicylic(aspirin). It may have derived it's name because it was used in the 19th century to commemorate the death of a loved one...and weeping.
So, you see, the color green is not reserved just for St. Patrick's Day, but for any time you want to renew and refresh your heart and soul.
Song Titles Containing The Word Green
Here are a few songs with the word Green in the title. Can you add to the list?
- Greensleeves - Traditional English Folk Song
- The Green Green Grass of Home - Claude "Curly" Putman Jr
- In my Mountain Greenery - Richard Rogers and Lorenz Hart
- It ain't Easy Being Green - Shannon McNally
- Blue and Green - Bill Evans (but Miles Davis took partial credit)
- Green Chimneys - Thelonious Sphere Monk
- Green Dolphin Street - Bronislau Kaper
- Green River - Napoleon Brown
- All the World is Green - Tom Waits
- Green Eyes - Originally written in Spanish, "Aquello Ojos Verdes", it was translated into english and made a hit by the Tommy Dorsey Orchestra in 1929.
- Green Back Dollar - Hoyt Axton
- Green Door - Bob Davie and Marvin Moore
- Green Eyed Lady - Sugarloaf
- Little Green - Joni Mitchell
- Green River - the lyrics are John Fogerty's way of remembering the peace of mind he found at a childhood vacation spot -- Putah Creek by Winters, California.
Select Your Favorite Color
What Is Your Favorite Color?
Conclusion - Living a Well Balanced Life
Living a well balanced life is essential for peace of mind. There are things we want to do and things we must do. The challenge is to make good choices between these two and this isn't always easy to do.
I'd like to share some tips that have helped me to live a more balanced and peaceful life:
- The most important tip of all is to nurture and take care of yourself. This isn't a selfish thing to do. If you don't set aside time to take care of yourself you can't do your best for others.
- Be prepared for the unexpected. Stuff happens when you least expect it. Avoid getting upset and stressed out. Being this way never solves the problem.
- Lose that negative attitude. This only compounds the situation.
- Laugh more. Keep your sense of humor going. If you don't have one - develop one.
Our energy is depleted when we worry and fret over everyday occurrences. I personally find that if I do some form of exercise when I'm worried I immediately feel a sense of relief. Walking is my choice for moving my body and getting my heart rate up.
Thank you for being here and I look forward to your comments.
“Rest and self-care are so important. When you take time to replenish your spirit, it allows you to serve others from the overflow. You cannot serve from an empty vessel.”
― Eleanor Brownn
© 2011 Audrey Hunt