View from 30,000ft
For those blessed to fly a lot, I hope you also take time to enjoy the journey.
I recently have flown, and love flying. It is always so amazing when I am high above the earth and look down, I see things from a whole new perspective. Love seeing how the cars, houses, traffic gets smaller and smaller. Sometimes we get to busy , and do not take time to enjoy the journey.
1 I am humbled Humbled that there is a huge world all around me, and much bigger than me.
2 My little life is puny compared to the universe
3. Life really is precious and vulnerable.
4. Life is beautiful, the world is beautiful.
Next time you take off, look out the window while your ascending.
What accidents can teach
When car accidents happen, notice the officer tries to look for several witnesses? There is a reason, as there are many perspectives, none really wrong in themselves,just various perspectives to look at same accident. There is more than one view to life,faith,and even your world, and mine.
- Listening to other perspectives is a path to truth.
- There is always more than one view
- No one sees, or knows it all.
- Sometimes we need to investigate another side.
Self centered living, is going against your purpose
We are not created to be an Island to ourselves, but many try. As you take off in a plane you can see homes, cars, buildings getting smaller, and smaller, and you realize; wow there is a whole big world. Bigger than you and me. The quicker you and I get to the point of where life does not revolve around us, the happier we will be. We are created to be social, have families,to love and be loved. Jesus Himself said"I came to serve,and not be served" He came to serve and not live a self centered life.
15 signs of a self centered and self focused person
1. They are always on the defensive
2. They don’t see the big picture
3. They are imposing
4. They feel insecure sometimes.
5. They always think they are superior to others
6. They consider friendships a tool for getting what they want
7. They are extremely opinionated
8. They do not have long lasting relationships
9. They do not have a real sense of empathy.
10. They hide their insecurities behind a cloak of success
11. They devalue others
12. They can be arrogant
13. They hide who they are
14. They are extremely selfish
15. They think they are great and the world out there is wrong
The Big picture
“I’m like the painter with his nose to the canvas, fussing over details. Gazing from a distance, the reader sees the big picture.” - Author Steven Saylor