Holy Bible Facts & Stats
There is a vast amount of knowledge in the Holy Bible. From life lessons to uplifting stories. Many find it hard to understand from over analyzing & learning lessons from vast amount of pastors. The best way to learn & understand the bible is reading it & studying it yourself. Faith is built from believing & lasting faith comes from believing what YOU speak. It helps to have one or two pastors to help you understand things but you must rely on your own heart for your own faith.
Below are bible facts & statistics of the King James Version (the best English translation).
OLD & NEW TESTAMENT
- There are 66 books in the bible.
- There are 1,189 Chapters in the bible.
- There are 31,101 verses in the bible.
- There are 783,137 words in the bible.
- There are 3,566,480 letters in the bible.
- 1,260 promises were made/given in the bible.
- 6,468 commands were given in the bible.
- Over 8,00 predictions were made in the bible.
- 3,268 verses of prophecy were fulfilled.
- 3,140 verses of prophecy was unfulfilled.
- There are 3,294 questions in the bible.
- The longest name in the bible is “Mahershalalhashbaz” (See Isaiah 8:1)
- The longest verse in the bible is Esther 8:9 containing 78 words.
- The shortest verse in the bible is John 11:35, only containing two words “Jesus wept”.
- The middle books of the bible are Micah & Nahum.
- The middle verse of the bible is Psalm 118:8.
- The middle chapter in the bible is Psalm 117.
- The shortest chapter in the bible by number of words is Psalm 117.
- The longest chapter in the bible is Psalm 119, containing 176 verses.
- The shortest book in the bible by number of words is 3 John.
- The longest book in the bible is Psalms which contains 150 chapters.
- The word “God” appears 3,358 times in the bible.
- The word “Lord” appears 7,736 times in the bible.
- There are 40 different authors in the bible.
- The bible is translated in over 1,200 languages.
- There are 39 books in the OT.
- There are 929 chapters in the OT.
- There are 23,114 verses in the OT.
- There are 602,585 words in the OT.
- There are 2,278,100 letters in the OT.
- The middle book in the OT is Proverbs.
- The middle chapter in the OT is Job 20.
- The middle verses in the OT are 2 Chronicles 20:17,8.
- The smallest book in the OT is Obadiah.
- The shortest verse in the OT is 1 Chronicles 1:25.
- The longest verse in the OT is Esther 8:9.
- The longest chapter in the OT is Psalms 119.
- The largest book in the OT is Psalms.
- There are 27 books in the NT.
- There are 260 chapters in the NT.
- There are 7,957 verses in the NT.
- There are 180,552 words in the NT.
- There are 839,380 letters in the NT.
- The middle book in the NT is 2 Thessalonians.
- The middle chapter in the NT is Romans 8, 9.
- The middle verse in the NT is Acts 27:17.
- The smallest book in the NT is 3 John.
- The shortest verse in the NT is John 11:35
- The longest verse in the NT is Revelation 20:4
- The longest chapter in the NT is Luke 1.
- The largest book in the NT is Luke.
In 1238 A.D., Crdinal Hugo de S. Caro introduced the system of chapters seen in the bible.
In 1551 A.D., Robertus Stephanus added the the verse notions seen in the bible.
In the University of Gottingen, a bible is written on 2,470 palm leaves.
168,000 bibles are sold or are given away every day in the United States.
It takes 70 hours (average reading pace) to read the bible out loud.
In the King James Version; There are 8,674 Hebrew, 5,624 Greek, 12,143 English words.
Ezra 7:21 contains all alphabetical letters accept the letter “J”.
Galatians 1:14 contains all alphabetical letters accept the letter “K”.
Joshua 7:24 – 1 Kings 1:9 – Chronicles 12:40 – Chronicles 36:10 – Ezekiel 28:13 – Daniel 4:37 & Haggai 1:1 contain all alphabetical letters accept the letter “Q”.
2 Kings 16:15 & 1 Chronicles 4:10 contains all alphabetical letters accept for the letter “Z”.
The wisest man in the bible is Solomon.
The strongest man in the bible is Samson.
King Solomon has 700 wives.
Gideon defeated 135,000 Midianites with 300 men, 300 trumpets & God.
A raven was the first animal out of the ark.
Mathew reported the Star of Bethlehem; at the same time Chinese astronomers recorded it as well.
The bible was written on three continents – Africa, Asia & Europe.
The first book to ever be printed was the bible in 1454.
When Joseph was 17 his brothers sold him to the Ishmaelites. (See Genesis 37:2)
Over a time span of 1500 years & over 40 generations, the bible was written. (From 1400 B.C. to 100 A.D.)