Holy Words - Bible Verses to Comfort and Convict
Bible Verses that are Good to Know
I always wince a little when I see a list of "Best Bible Verses." I wince because "best" implies that there's a "worst" and there just are no bad Bible verses.
"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness"
- 2 Timothy 3:16 NIV
Even though there are no best Scripture Verses, there are verses that Christians claim and cling to - verses that seem to have special application to certain stages of our lives. Here you'll find a list of some of those verses.
Many thanks to Melissa for making this image available: Bible Study by .:[ Melissa ]:.
Popular Bible Quotes
- In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth
- And God said, "Let there be light,"
- For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
- if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 - These are some hard words. Do you want to know why the world's so messed up? It's because we Christians have dropped the ball. The unsaved do exactly as they're expected to do; why don't we Christians what God expects us to do?
- But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
- Jesus replied: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"
- Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding
- I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
- And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13:13
- for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God
- Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.
- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
- Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
1 Corinthians 13:4-7
- What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?
- Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?"
Esther 4:14. God has a job for you to do. If you won't do it, He'll send someone else in your place and that person will receive the blessing that God intended for you.
- When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.
1 Corinthians 13:11
- Bad company corrupts good character.
1 Corinthians 15:33
Bible Life Verses
A Life Verse is a piece of Scripture that you claim as having special significance for you - a verse that you covenant to live your life by.
- Go out to the roads and country lanes and make them come in, so that my house will be full.
Matthew 22:9. As a motorcycle enthusiast, this is one of my favorites. Many people are surprised to find that there is a strong evangelistic movement within the biker community.
- Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Romans 10:17. This is a double-ended message: "Faith comes from hearing" - if you "hear" the things of God, your faith in God will grow. If you immerse yourself in the things of the world, then your faith will grow in worldly things.
Bible App 5 makes it easy to read - and share - the Bible.
Short Bible Verses
- Jesus wept.
John 11:35 Shortest verse in the Bible.
- For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain
- But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.