- Religion and Philosophy»
- Astrology & Metaphysics
How to Cleanse Your Aura
Why would you need to cleanse your aura?
If you are doing energy work/psychic work, mediumship, or have had a particularly rough day then you should make it a regular practice to clear your aura. Regardless of energy work, you should be mindful of your aura, over time it can wear down and wreak havoc. 90% of disease originates in our auric field, this does not matter if you are a psychic or medium.
Aura's are very real, whether you see them or not. They are electromagnetic fields emanating from our physical bodies. They are our life force contained in physical bodies while being on the earth plane. Air exists even when you can't see it with your physical eyes, the same way auras do. Our physical body has what is often referred to as an etheric double, which extends 2-4 cm beyond the physical body. This is a template for the physical body: it has all the organs of the physical body in the energy form, it also has meridians (subtle energy channels) and chakras (energy centers). It is like a signature, a true energy imprint.
Every emotion you have, every thought, every word and action instantly affects a person’s etheric body (its subtle organs, chakras and meridians). Etheric bodies must be clean and of high vibration so as to allow a free flow of life energy/prana through it; the aura should be smooth, dense and strong. However, this is not easily achieved by the average person. It is common for the aura of a person to be uneven, worn, depleted, and tired. They also often contain cracks or holes, and energy cords attachments. Ideally, the aura will be vibrant, clear and full of vitality.
What damages the aura?
- strong emotions (especially those of low vibration-anger, hate, sadness, regret, despair, blame, greed, envy, malice)
- a psychological trauma; loss of a loved one, witnessing a terrible event. PTSD.
- alcohol and drugs, including prescription drugs and medications.
- Unhealthy diet, also a diet of heavy meat consumption
- Soul exchanging or fragments, this can happen through sex or physical acts with others as well as emotional.
- Physical damage to the body, inury
- environmental toxins
- electromagnetic fields from computers, TVs, cell phones, EMFs, MRIs
- Psychic attacks from people (negative thought forms, insults, cursing, directed anger); intentional or unintentional.
- Heavy spiritual or energy work such as mediumship; channeling; or working with Spirit.
- Being an empath
How can you tell when your aura is not clean?
How can you tell when your aura is not clean? The most obvious way is mood swings, or after you've spent time with someone (this could be positive or negative) and notice you are behaving like them. You may feel run down and tired for reasons you can't identify. You may have sudden headaches, stomach pains, nausea, or anxiety. Holes also invite sticky negative entities. So it is important to repair them. Long term holes can cause serious illness, chronic fatigue, and disease. Psychics/Sensitives/Empaths/and Mediums tend to pick of bits of others energy when working, and sometimes are left with lingering affects after reading. Empaths will also notice this, especially when not well grounded. It is also helpful to clear your aura to keep your immune system healthy, and your mental body healthy.
Basic aura cleaning
This type of cleaning is usually done by an energy worker, as you will need help to do it properly, mainly because you will need help to clear the entire space.
Natural healers or those with sensitive hands can find breaks in the aura by scanning it at a distance of 5-15 cm from the body. A hole will be felt as a dent, pit, or energy draft, usually cold. If your hands are not that sensitive you can use a clear quartz crystal or point.
Take the quartz crystal and apply long passes from top to bottom in the front and back, making your way eventually over the entire aura. The movements should be slow, starting the top of the head and ending at the feet. When finished cleanse the quartz in sea salt water.
You can also clear your own field by smudging your aura.
Home cleaning; here are ways you can keep your aura clean, clear and yours.
You can do this daily, hourly, weekly, whenever you need. You can pick practices that you feel fit for you. There is no wrong way to do this, and they all work.
- Drink plenty high quality water each day. You can add lemon if you need flavor, drink it hot or cold. But drink up. You should typically drink your body weight/2 in ounces. So if you weigh 120 lbs, you should have at minimum 60 ounces of water each day.
- Meditate 2-3 times a week at minimum.
- Avoid alcohol, drugs, nicotine, prescription medications as often as possible.
- Reduce and limit your exposure to electrical gadgets, TVs, cell phones, especially 1 hr before bedtime.
- Spend at least 30 minutes a day in nature. Don't forget to take off your shoes!
- Listen to soothing music
- Take 30-45 minute baths in 1-2 cups of sea salt
- Eat healthy greens, grains, beans and vegetables
- Use infrared lights/lamps/blankets
- Use saunas
- Use Himalayan salt lamps/Ionizers in your home or work space
- Get into a regular practice of prayer work, grounding, or using mantras
Water, meditation, and bathing are quick ways to cleanse your aura quickly if needed.
Some find it helpful to wear particular stones on a regular basis to keep their personal vibration clean and positive. This is a very simple thing to do, that will keep negative energy from sticking in your field.
Grounding stones worn around the neck as pendants, in rings, or earrings will do the job nicely. Common stones used for this purpose are: black tourmaline, smokey quartz, obsidian, and black onyx. Most stones or crystals that you feel positive with and are drawn to will also work.