- Religion and Philosophy»
- Christianity, the Bible & Jesus
Ways to Listen to God!
Do You Know God?
God Is Here
To have the privilege to connect with the God of the Universe and Jesus Christ, you must do a few intrinsic things!
- First, you must obey God by receiving a proper baptism after you believe and have faith in His Son, Jesus Christ the Son of God
- You must receive the Spirit of God in your heart and His promised seal of eternal life on your forehead.
- You must repent of your sins and turn away from future sin.
- Listen to Jesus' voice in your new heart.
These are important things to do initially to connect with God. So many good people miss out on these initial steps and don’t do it properly and the fail to Listen to God. They continue to entangle themselves in situations God hates and disobey his laws. Then they think they can connect with God Almighty, by having a warm and tender feeling in their soiled hearts.
Our hearts are not clean or holy when the Spirit of God is absent. Jesus is a comforter and a gift received from God once you obey God's commands and live for Christ after baptism. You must surrender your life to God every day, so Jesus can live His life in your life.
King Jesus will live His life in your being as you surrender your will to Him every day. It's a growing process and you must not give up even if you feel discouraged.
- Go to prayer on your knees in a private room and cry out to God in Jesus name.
- Remember to Read the Holy Bible every day.
- The Bible is the only book where the author is present when it's read. So God will always be with you and never forsake you.
- You must seek the Kingdom of God diligently.
How to Know God?
This treasured act of being baptized, when you're in your prime instantly places you in God's family and your name is written in the Lambs Book of Life.
Now, you can grow in faith as you read and study the Holy Scriptures of the Bible and strive to live by faith, and not by sight.
Subsequently, God commands everyone to assemble every seventh day of the week on Saturday's to participate in worship. It's part of God's Laws just like it's wrong to steal and lie and cheat and commit adultery and kill.
Remember to receive the Lord's Supper. Communion is a symbol of the body and blood of Jesus Christ that reminds you of what God did to have your sins forgiven. Jesus was the only sacrificial lamb who died and rose on the third day or on Sunday. This proves Jesus is God.
Henceforth, you are now given the grand opportunity to worship and to connect with God in an extremely intuitive way. Because at the moment of prayer Jesus listens to your supplications and acts as a High Priest for you. Jesus presents you faultless before Father God cause you're sins are now covered by Jesus' saving blood.
- God always hears your prayers when you pray in a group with two or more people, for sure.
When you are partaking in the Lord's Table, Jesus hears the cries of your heart. Make sure you aren't holding a grudge against anyone, else God will hold you in contempt. God says you must love your enemies. If you hate your brother who you have seen, how can you ever love God who you haven't seen?
God the Father does not and cannot hear the prayers of a sinner, nor does He listen to people who have not been baptized properly, or who desperately try to repent of their sins somehow without a proper baptism. This is a feeling of better felt and told. Except, God's grace can do anything.
You may feel sorry or anxious for doing something terribly wrong. But God will not forgive you if you have not obeyed Him and followed His instructions to become a part of His holy family. Feeling sorry is not good enough, you must repent and turn away from your sin and worship God.
- God wants you to call Him Abba Father! Cause, Jesus died for you and loves you tremendously.
- If you love God, you will always want to obey Him and live your best Christian life. You'll also have a burning desire in your heart to live your life wanting to please God by doing His will at all costs even if your friends and family think you are odd.
- If you look for God, He will not be far!
- On the seventh day of the week remember to rest from your cares and pleasure and worship God with other Christians.
- Learn to listen to Jesus' voice in your heart by being still and speak little and do the things God tells you to do.
- Be sanctified on the Sabbath.
- Worship Jesus Christ every day and receive the Lord's Supper on the Sabbath or Saturday after a baptism by immersion.
God Is Faithful and True All the Time.
God can and will only connect with people who love Him. In general, people are given authentic opportunities to worship and adore God. At certain times this happens and Jesus presents Himself spiritually. When invoking the name of Jesus in a group, He is in the midst. By reading the Holy Scriptures, you hear God speaking to you intuitively in your heart.
God is the Heavenly Father of all creation who created everything for your benefit and enjoyment; nevertheless, He is not the Father of everyone that's alive. Since scores of people will choose to live their momentary lives in their own individual eyes, terms and feeble minds.
Ignorant people dearly pay the consequence of their exploits by becoming perpetually separated from the faithful God. This happens when they live far away from the loving God.
You can read the Psalms contained in the Old Testament to get to know God the Father. Ask God to call you and He will begin the process to incorporate you into His Holy family because He Son died for everyone's sinful nature.
However, some people think God's blessings are pointless since they give up and can't figure things out. It's not up to you to discover God, God must call you and reveal Himself to you in your heart. God is knee deep involved in every situation trying to reconcile all men to Himself. It is God's desire for everyone to be saved.
God is everywhere. He has done everything for you. All you must do is ASK God to get to know Him and He will open your eyes and heart of hearts to His love.
Getting Help from Jesus Christ
The longer you live your life estranged from the love of God, the harder and more callous your heart grows. It then becomes particularly difficult for Christians to edify you about God’s love and commandments since you will eagerly decide to defy God at all costs! This is considerably regrettable. But understand it is the dismal credence to those who refuse to become adopted into God’s holy family.
More than anything, God desires to recreate Himself in you. He wants you to become just like Him, perfect and holy. And God has given you the Holy Bible, a way to live your life manual, to learn of Him, and to find out what His will is for your transitory and prized life on Earth.
God Is a Perfect Holy Being. He is always true to His word and is LOVE. God has given you the formula, a recipe to become a part of his Godly family. All you must do is have faith in His Son Jesus Christ, the one who paid the penalty for your sins.
Next, you must receive a proper baptism in a moments time, after you have genuinely repented of your sins. This is simple and is the paramount thing to do.
- You can begin living a glorious life here on earth for God with His guidance. You'll have a home in heaven and be adopted into the family of God forever. This does not mean you will escape tribulation, except God will be with you protecting you every step of the way.
Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
- You can easily connect with God when you receive the gift of the Spirit of God in baptism. These gifts are love, joy, peace, patience, longsuffering, goodness, kindness, goodness and self-control.
Do you believe you can connect with God?
You Get to Connect with God!
More Godly Hubs for You...
- Getting to the Mountain Top
On a camping trip a group of youngsters surprisingly learn of God from a mountain view! "How long will it take to climb this majestic mountain, Mary? Who knows how to connect with Jesus anyhow?"
- Learn About Jesus as the Messiah
Jesus is the light of the world, who was the Messiah! He came to save His bride! Are you a child of God? If not, learn how to please God and receive Jesus in baptism today!
© 2012 Sheila Craan