How to Feng Shui the Dining Room for Good Health and Abundance
Feng Shui for Dining Room
Dining Room is where we take our meals. The Dining Room is also where the family gathers and where relatives and friends are often entertained. Good Feng Shui and flow of chi can help stimulate conversation as well as appetite in this Room. In order to form good relationships or bonds this room should be functional, warm and welcoming. The Feng Shui of the Dining Room contributes greatly to the digestive system and overall health of the members of the family.
Given below are Tips on Good Feng Shui for Dining Room for good health and abundance.
Feng Shui Tips for Dining Room for Wealth and Good Health
When we use Feng Shui in the Dining Room there are several things one should keep in mind. They are :-
- Dining Room Position: Ideal positions for the dining room are east, south-east, west and north-west of the center of your home. Avoid a dining room that is north-east from the center of the house. It is best to have two doors in the room facilitating the free flow of Chi but not on opposite walls and directly in line with each other. The dining room should ideally be a calm and peaceful place. Your dining room shouldn't be too close to the front door. If it is then try placing a screen or beaded curtain to obstruct the view of the door from sight. If at all possible use natural wood floors.
- Dining Room Color: Colors of the Dining room include the paint of the wall, tiles, furniture or decoration. Earthy and Natural Colors are best suited for this room. Some colors which go well with this room are pink, peach, yellow, green, beige, sky blue, creams, off white etc. The colors can be used in mix and match to make the room attractive.
- Dining Room Décor and Accessories: Curtains and a thick rug or carpet can add to the beauty of the room and also add a soothing texture that helps to absorb sound and keeps the atmosphere of this room tranquil. Using a tablecloth is advisable than the individual place mats as it encourage closeness among members of the family. Make sure to use your beautiful table linens and good silverware from time to time as unused or stored utensils are considered bad feng shui. Simple shaped crockery is the best for using in this room. The ideal color for table linen is blue in the north and green in the east. Also if you are watching your weight you can use blue tablecloth, blue napkin, blue plate or blue mat as this color helps to decrease appetite and health conditions like blood pressure.
- Paintings and Photographs: paintings and Photographs can add to the beauty of the room. This is an ideal place for landscapes and framed artworks. However, this is not the place to display old or ancestral belongings. Many use the Jesus last Meal picture in this room but this is not an auspicious picture to be kept in the room.
- Dining Space:It is ideal to have all the four walls surrounding the table to create a relaxed and safe dining experience. It also encourages healthy conversations without distractions. In such an environment one also tend to eat more slowly which is good for the digestive system. But if the Dining room is cramped it can create a feeling of pressure in family relationships and interfere with good digestion. Limit the amount of dining room furniture that this room must hold.
- Dining Room Lighting: Lighting is most important element in creating a good dining. The flow of energy through the dining room should be gentle but not stagnant. Your table should have adequate light that is centered over the table so that you can see what you are eating. Overhead lighting and natural lighting through the windows is advised. Flexible lighting can be used using Dimmer switches so that one can have low lighting for a romantic dinner, brighter lighting for a party and normal lighting for everyday use. Candles can also be used when having a romantic dinner. However, Candles can be used as decoration or accent lighting, but they should never be the main source of light. A Crystal Chandelier over the center of the dining table can help to balance chi in the room. But make sure that it is centered over the table and not a chair.
- A Perfect Dining Table and Chairs: The Dining Table is the focal point to the Dining Room. In other words, the Dining table should occupy the center position with equal space on all sides and plenty of room for each person to sit down at and get up from the table. The most ideal shape for the Table is round, oval or octagonal. Avoid sharp-angled furniture in the dining room. When using a square or rectangle dining table make sure to soften the corners. Too much heavy, dark, old furniture are not suited for the Dining room. The furnishing should have Easy-to-clean surfaces. Wood is an ideal material for making the furniture. However, different woods affect chi energy differently. Pine wood is an excellent choice for furniture material. Choose comfortable chairs when purchasing a dining room set. Always place an even number of chairs around the table. The chairs should have a back rest. Do not use broken furniture. Repair any loose legs or protruding nails on the tables and chairs. Decorate the table with a centerpiece but make sure that it does not take too much table space or interrupt the people at the dining room table to make eye contact with everyone at the table.
- Food on the Dining Room Table: Food is energy and it is very important what you eat. Fruits and Vegetables make good food. If you or your family members are suffering from eating disorders, a faceted crystal ball or chandelier over the center of the dining table can help remedy the situation. A bowl filled with fresh fruits preferably Oranges can be kept on the dining room table when the table is not in use.
- Dining Room Mirrors: Mirror reflects light and strengthens it. A mirror on the wall or sideboard reflecting the table enhances the healthy chi energy and can bring riches and health for the whole family. Make sure that the mirror always reflects something attractive. Also remember that if your dining table is covered with clutter or unfinished projects the mirror will doubling the mess and workload.
- Keep the Room Clutter Free: Clutter is bad for any room. Do not stuff the Dining Room with too much furniture and also make sure the room is always clean and tidy. The focus should be the table and not the other objects in the room. Read more on the Significance of Clutter Clearing.
- Clocks and Calendars: Remove all clocks and calendars in the room to have a relaxed and contented meal.
- Television and Mobile Phones: Television and Mobile Phones often interfere with our meals. It is advisable to switch it off when having the meal and allow yourself to enjoy the process of physical nourishment without any distractions other than conversation with your family.
- Seating Arrangement: The Diners should be preferably even in number. When seated at the table; the host should never have his or her back to a door. The most important person or head of the family should be seated at the head of the table and facing the door. The other auspicious directions are mother in the south west, sons in the east, north or north east and daughters in the south, east or southeast. The Guest of Honor should always be seated to face the door. Lots of lighting in a dining room stimulates the good flow of chi.
- Dining Room Plants: The dining Room can be defined using screens or plants to give it an identity of its own. Having a room overlooking a Garden or a good view is a great idea. However, If the view outside is unattractive or unpleasant cover the window with drapes in relaxed, muted colors. Flowers of the right colors can stimulate the good flow of chi on the table.
- Aquarium: A small Aquarium with active small fishes can be a good addition to the room but make sure not to keep it in the southern sector.
- Music: Soft music, preferably instrumental music, to accompany your meal is a wonderful idea for a relaxing meal.
- Dining Room Prayers: Saying a Prayer brings good energy in the room. So take a moment before beginning the meal to give thanks for the abundance on your table and for the family and friends who are sharing the meal with you.
I hope I have mentioned most things to be considered while designing the Feng Shui Dining Room which would bring in good Health and Abundance. For better results it is advisable that you consult an Expert in the field.