How to Feng Shui the Bedroom of Children: 24 Tips for a Kid's Room
Feng Shui for Children's Bedroom
The usage of Feng Shui in the Bedroom of a child can keep him or her positive and in good health. Using feng shui tips can improve your child’s energy and concentration power thereby helping in the education of the child. It is best to keep the child’s bedroom and study room separate but unfortunately due to space constraints mostly the study area or play room and bedroom is normally in the same space so it is very important to make the best use of the space.
The western or eastern part of your home is the most ideal for your child’s bedroom. If you have choices give a boy the east bedroom and a girl a west bedroom. The Feng Shui of your child's room can have a big effect on the well being and education of the child.Help your children to cultivate good feng shui habits when they are young itself. You will be amazed to see that once you help them get into a routine how organized and disciplined they can be. Given below are some tips to feng shui the bedroom of your child and create a positive environment for the kids.
Tips to Feng shui the Bedroom of your Child
Here are some tips to Feng Shui the bedroom of your child and create a positive environment and space for the kids.
- Keep the room clean and clutter free.
- There should be no mirror or reflective surfaces facing the bed.
- Place the bed in such a manner that there is a solid wall at the back or at least a good headboard to encourage support and stability. Bed placement should not be too close to the window or directly in line with the door. There should be room to walk around each side of the bed. Avoid using bunk beds or metal beds. Choose wooden beds over metal beds.
- Use soft and light colored bed linen on your child’s bed.
- Choose a good sleeping direction based on the Kua Number preferably in the ‘wisdom and education’ direction of the child so that your child gets better grades and improve their attitude about school.
- Keep aquariums or fountains away from the child’s room as it can create yang energy.
- Put positive pictures like a happy family photo facing the child’s bed which is comforting to the eyes of a child and makes him feel secured.
- The color of a child's bedroom should be warm and nurturing. It is advisable to choose colors that are not too bright. Colors like light blue, light pink, light yellow, beige, peach and green are some good choices.
- Place the study table in such a manner that the child’s back is not against the door or with the child facing the window. An ideal placement would be the child sitting facing the best study direction and with a solid support on the back like a wall behind or mountain scene poster to give support.
- There should not be any sharp edged furniture in the child’s room as these poison arrows can result in bad energy.
- Use a Crystal sphere in the main window to slow down or activate chi.
- The study table should be kept clean and organized at all times.
- The Laughing Buddha is an excellent symbol to be kept in child's bedroom.
- Avoid using objects with hostile themes like battle scenes, wild animals or swords in the bedroom of children.
- Avoid placing TV, Computer, game consoles or Radio in your children’s bedrooms.
- Don’t allow a phone in your child’s bedroom.
- Keep electrical items at a good distance and away from the bed.
- Don’t have bookshelves placed behind the bed or facing the bed.
- Avoid too much furniture into a child’s room.
- The child’s room should have sufficient natural lighting apart from lamps and light fittings. Open the window regularly to allow fresh energy into the room.
- It is better to place the wastebasket outside the child room and not inside.
- Keep the equipment's and things in the bedroom in working condition.
- It is a good idea to make a “Wall of Fame” preferably the South wall where certificates, drawings, awards, trophies and photographs of the child can be displayed.
- Avoid keeping large living plants in the bedroom of the children.
Do you want your child to grow up healthy, happy, disciplined and intelligent? If so, using Feng Shui in the bedroom of the child would be a great idea.
Recommended Book on Feng Shui for Children's Spaces
I am sure you will agree that Physical spaces can have a powerful influence on children. I have tried to cover most of the things to keep in mind while planning the child's Bedroom in this article. However, if you are looking for detailed information on How to create the most positive environment for Children through Feng Shui, I highly recommend "Feng Shui for Children's Spaces" by Nancilee Wydra.
Nancilee is an Authority in Feng Shui and Founder of the Feng Shui Institute of America. In "Feng Shui for Children's Spaces", She has given detailed information on things to consider when planning a nursery, playroom, study room and bed room for the child. You will find information on which colors to use, furniture placement and much more.
© 2010 Anamika S Jain