How to Know If You're Psychic
Ever Thought You Might Be Psychic?
We spend a majority of our lives trying to find the "meaning to life" or the purpose behind living. Some of us find it, some of us don't. Then there are those who believe they know more than the meaning of life - they know of other realms and can help others become aware of those realms. These are people we call psychics and mediums.
So what does the word psychic really mean? Dictionary.com gives us four definitions, but the particular definition we are looking for is someone who is:
sensitive to influences or forces of a nonphysical or supernatural nature.
Have you ever felt maybe you could be psychic? Maybe you clicked on this article thinking you would find the answer to the question that's plaguing your mind. Maybe you know things before they happen. Maybe you can read peoples' thoughts or know what they're going to do before they do it. Maybe you hear spirits or see ghosts. Maybe when you walk into a house, you can feel energies that others can't. Do these things make you psychic? Find out here.
Different Forms of ESP
First of all, if you're wondering whether you could be psychic, don't feel as if you are the only one out there experiencing these strange and somewhat disturbing thoughts. There are many people in the world today that have abilities or sensitivities to different energies or what some call other "realms" of existence. What we call "psychic" today is something that has been around since the very beginning of man. Even if you search the Bible for references to people who have abilities to see the future or know what others are thinking or even speak to the dead, you will find MANY references on these subjects.
So what types of ESP are there? There seem to be so many different forms of ESP, so let's clarify which way is up and which way is down in the world of psychic abilities. Because there is so many different types, let it be known that I'm sticking to the main types here.
- Astrology - Being able to know the patterns of planets and astrological signs to determine future events.
- Aura Reading - Being able to read someone's energy field or aura in order to predict future events or to determine health issues, etc.
- Channeling - When a higher intelligence is taken into one's body and speaks through the channeler.
- Clairvoyance - Someone who can "see clearly". Someone who can see the future or see another spiritual realm. This might be a vision in real-life or in dreams or flashes of images in the person's mind.
- Clairaudience - Someone who can "hear clearly". Someone who can hear words from the spiritual realm or hear thoughts.
- Clairsentience - Someone who can "sense clearly". Someone who reads environments or people to determine present problems or future events or even if there is ghostly activity.
- Empathy - Someone who can literally feel the pain or emotions of another person. This is much different than sympathy, because the empath will literally feel physical pain or mental anguish...just as the original person is feeling.
- Lucid Dreaming - The ability to wake up (be conscious) inside of a dream and experience an alternate reality.
- Medium - A medium is someone who can give messages from another realm to people in this; reality. Usually a medium gives a message from a dead loved one to someone who's still living.
- Telepathy - An ability to communicate thoughts over a long distance to someone else.
And there are many, many more forms of ESP, but this is a list of just the major ones. Keep in mind too many psychics are able to scry or read tarot cards, gaze into crystal balls, and read tea leaves to gain knowledge into past, present, or future events.
Signs You Could Be Psychic
There are many different signs and symptoms (if you want to call them symptoms) that may indicate you have psychic abilities.
The signs that you could be psychic or have the ability to develop your psychic abilities could be any or all of the following:
- you've seen ghosts or felt the presence of ghosts in multiple environments
- you've felt energy changes in particular environments or around particular people
- you've seen a field of energy or light surrounding someone
- you've had dreams of future events that have come true
- you've had dreams in which you are fully conscious and project to other worlds/realms
- you've heard random voices or sounds (such as another person's thoughts) but disregarded them as your own silly thoughts or imagination
- you can't handle large crowds because the sense of others' emotions is too strong
- you tend to freak out and have to leave if someone in the same room as you is having a fight with another or are very angry or sorrowful
- you can't handle funerals, the emotions are just too crippling
- worrying about other people will sometimes make you physically sick
- you've experienced a dream in which you were "out of your body" (what we call astral projection)
If you feel that you could have psychic abilities, my advice is to read up about the different types of ESP. Try to learn as much as you can on the subject. Also - try meditating and working on lucid dreaming.
In my honest opinion, I don't think being psychic is extraordinary, because every single human being on this planet has these abilities in them. The problem is that most people don't believe in them or reject them as being "evil" and therefore lose these abilities.
If you feel as though you are the type of psychic that could do readings, then try out different types of divinatory tools: tarot cards, crystal balls, runes, tea leaves, clouds, mirrors, etc. You can't just discover that you're psychic and start giving people advice or messages from the other side. It is an ability that you will have to practice and develop. It's a journey in which you will learn about yourself and the world around you.
Good luck on your journey into learning the spiritual realm, and stay safe!
© 2011 Kitty Fields