- Religion and Philosophy»
- Astrology & Metaphysics
How to Transcend Society's Fascination with Doom and Gloom
"Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach the stars to change the world." --Harriet Tubman
"Each person comes into this world with a specific destiny--he [or she] has something to fulfill, some message has to be delivered, some work has to be completed. You are not here accidentally--you are here meaningfully. There is a purpose behind you. The whole intends to do something through you." --Osho
Perhaps, you are like me. You are tired of all the “doom and gloom” that is shown on television and films. You want a different story.
You long for one that inspires and speaks to your soul!
Recently, about a week or so after Christmas, my wife and I paid a visit to my Dad. We did our normal chit chat, but then, the conversation turned to “making a difference in this world.”
My step-mom shared a remarkable story about a mentally handicapped young man that recently passed away. This extraordinary individual touched countless lives with his kindness. He was absolutely amazing in every sense of the word. And hundreds of people showed up to his funeral to honor this beautiful soul.
People often do not realize how powerful kindness is: It has the power to transform our world.
I also want to share another wonderful experience that my wife and I, along with some of our close friends, had when we donated our time to The Peppermint Ridge. For those that do not know what The Peppermint Ridge is they are a wonderful community that provides housing and care for the mentally and/or physically handicapped individual.
The plan was to assist The Peppermint Ridge staff with their monthly birthday party that was being held for the residents that have a birthday in December.
We played games. We served the residents soft drinks, fruit, and cake. And we ended the night with dancing.
The party was a success. The Peppermint Ridge residents had a blast. They were absolutely having the time of their lives. We were also having fun conversing with the residents.
Then, a few days later, my wife and I had a conversation with our good friend Julie (For those that do not know her, she is an extraordinary beautiful soul, whom I refer to as my “soul buddy”) in which she shares, at least at first thought, she believed her services were a gift to the residents; however, she soon learned that this was not entirely true.
It was she that received the gift from these extraordinary souls.
I also felt this way. I believe in my heart that these special people are enlightened masters that have come here to teach us unconditional love.
We have forgotten what this means: To live our life without conditions.
Koko and Kitten
Now, I know what you are going to ask: How do we transcend society’s doom and gloom?
I have already given you a sneak peak at two of them—kindness and unconditional love.
Well, here are the rest:
- You do not have to follow the negative scene. Chose a different scene that resonates with your heart.
- You can take an active part by writing letters. Each letter has the potential of changing our world for the better.
- Make your own films and videos. Youtube is a great place to express one’s self.
- Form or join groups that support your cause.
- Start your own inspirational website.
- Write articles that address your views.
- Spend time with positive people. Positive people will always encourage you.
- Connect with nature. This is great way to reconnect to yourself and God.
- Spend quality time with your pets. These remarkable beings teach us to live in the present moment.
- Meditate or take a nice stroll. These two things are wonderful for calming the mind.
- And just importantly, be the change you wish to see in the world.