How to Understand a Virgo Rising Sign
Virgo the Virgin
What does an Ascendant in Virgo Reveal?
The rising sign is the constellation that was rising in the east at the exact moment of your birth. It is virtually the “Sunrise of your life”. The rising sign, also known as the Ascendant, is the beginning of the first house in your natal, or birth chart. A natal chart is a picture of the heavens at the exact moment you came into the world. It is separated by twelve houses, each aligned with a constellation, or Zodiac sign in the sky. Each house has a ruling astrological planet, and represents twelve different sections of life characteristics. The aspects between astrological planets are also considered when determining the moods, emotions, priorities, and personality of an individual.
This Zodiac sign is different, yet just as important as your Moon sign and your Sun sign. The rising sign is usually how the world portrays you, and rules your moods and emotions. The Ascendant actually maps out your entire life because each house represents a specific part of your life, and since the Ascendant is your first house, it sets the map in place for interpretation of each of the following houses.
Virgo is the sixth sign of the Zodiac, and is an earth sign. Those who were born at a time when the Virgo was rising on the Earth’s eastern horizon spend much of their time trying to balance all the aspects of their lives. They must be needed and made to feel important. They are extremely health conscious and are usually physically fit, as well as intellectual and academic. They strive to live a healthy, well balanced life. Those with an Ascendant in Virgo appear to be a bit stuffy compared to the other signs. They are the perfectionists of the Zodiac. Virgo Ascendant people are also extremely critical, especially of themselves. They will never be completely satisfied with themselves since nobody can be perfect, even though they throw off a persona of pride.
A person with a Virgo Ascendant demands a clean and organized home life and work space. They are most comfortable when on a specific regiment or schedule and often enjoy a spiritual or religious household. They tend to be considerably strict in raising their children. They require intelligence in their spouses, and attract those who are a bit eccentric and different. When it comes to their career, they thrive in positions of service especially in the fields of teaching, sales, and medicine. There are also many people in the fields of business and communications with a Virgo rising sign. They almost always have a knack for writing, and enjoy the written word more than the spoken word.
Famous People With Virgo Rising
- Marlene Dietrich, Sun in Capricorn and Moon in Leo
- Oprah Winfrey, Sun in Aquarius and Moon in Sagittarius
- Woody Allen, Sun in Sagittarius and Moon in Aquarius
- Ed Sullivan, Sun in Libra and Moon in Leo
- Jamie Farr, Sun in Cancer and Moon in Pisces
- Elvis Costello, Sun in Virgo and Moon in Cancer
- Agatha Christie, Sun in Virgo and Moon in Libra
- Gene Kelly, Sun in Leo and Moon in Capricorn
- Yoko Ono, Sun in Aquarius and Moon in Sagittarius
- Jane Austen, Sun in Sagittarius and Moon in Libra
- David Copperfield, Sun in Virgo and Moon in Aquarius
- Lou Ferrigno, Sun in Scorpio and Moon in Pisces
- Barbara Stanwyck, Sun in Cancer and Moon in Virgo
- Audrey Tauton, Sun in Leo and Moon in Libra
- Hugh Hefner, Sun in Aries and Moon in Pisces
- Mike Myers, Sun in Gemini and Moon in Cancer
- Walt Disney, Sun in Sagittarius and Moon in Libra
- Ava Gardner, Sun in Capricorn and Moon in Pisces
- Peter Sellers, Sun in Virgo and Moon in Taurus
I encourage any feedback you would like to give via the comments section below. Your opinion is important to me, however I prefer you keep your comments professional and without profanity.
If you are so inclined, please feel free to visit my home page at Mmargie1966.hubpages.com to view more hubs on various topics including Astrology, Psychology, family and relationships, and many scrumptious recipes.
"Be kind to one another" ~ Ellen
God Bless You ~ Margaret Sullivan