- Religion and Philosophy»
- Astrology & Metaphysics
How to Understand an Aries Rising Sign
What does an Ascendant in Aries Reveal?
Your rising sign, also called the Ascendant, is the Zodiac sign or constellation on the Earth’s eastern horizon at the time of your birth. It is the first house of your natal chart. This sign is just as important as your moon sign and your sun sign. The rising sign rules your outward appearance to others. Therefore, you can behave much differently than what your Sun sign description shows if the Sun and Ascendant were in different constellations when you were born.
Aries is the first sign of the Zodiac, and the baby of all the Zodiac signs. Those with an Ascendant in Aries appear to be a bit child like compared to the other signs. They thrive on competition, success, and any challenges that come their way. Aries Ascendant people are also determined to succeed in all their lifelong endeavors. They will never give up on a dream or idea once they have decided to go after it. A person with Aries rising is attractive and always has an attractive mate. They are strong willed, and can be a bit narcissistic.
Those who were born at a time when the Aries was rising in the eastern sky have the most accurate natal charts. This means that each astrological house is aligned with the astrological planet that rules the Zodiac sign represented by that house. For example, Aries is the first sign in the Zodiac, and an Aries Ascendant means that Aries is the first house of this person’s birth chart. Taurus is the second sign of the Zodiac, so Taurus is the second house of this person’s birth chart. Gemini is the third, and so on. This is only the case with a person who has Aries as a rising sign, but not necessarily with an Aries moon sign, or an Aries sun sign (the Zodiac sign most people refer to when considering their day of birth).
A natal chart (or birth chart) is a map of the heavens at the exact moment a person is born. It is separated by twelve houses, each aligned with a constellation (or Zodiac sign) in the sky. Each house has a ruling astrological planet, and represents twelve different sections of life priorities.
Famous People With Aries Rising
- Susan St. James – Sun in Leo and Moon in Pisces
- Errol Flynn - Sun in Gemini and Moon in Cancer
- Rudolph Valentino – Sun in Taurus and Moon in Libra
- Helen Reddy – Sun in Scorpio and Moon in Capricorn
- Joan Rivers – Sun in Gemini and Moon in Sagittarius
- George Clooney – Sun in Taurus and Moon in Capricorn
- Barbara Streisand – Sun in Taurus and Moon in Leo
- James Coburn – Sun in Virgo and Moon in Pisces
- Mary Tyler Moore – Sun in Capricorn and Moon in Sagittarius
- Carol Burnett – Sun in Taurus and Moon in Taurus
- Jon Voight – Sun in Capricorn and Moon in Aries
- Richard Burton – Sun in Scorpio and Moon in Virgo
- Bette Midler – Sun in Sagittarius and Moon in Scorpio
- Rich Little – Sun in Leo and Moon in Capricorn
- Lena Horne – Sun in Cancer and Moon in Scorpio
More About Aries:
- How to Deal With an Aries
Getting to know your Aries, the first sign of the Zodiac.
- How to Understand an Aries Man
The masculine first sign of the Zodiac is someone you will want to get to know. Find out why.
- How to Understand an Aries Woman
Hold on to your boot straps and get ready for the time of your life if you are going to date a female Aries.
- How to Understand an Aries Moon Sign
Read on for information on an Aries Moon sign. See who you are emotionally compatible with.
The Aries Glyph
I thank you very much for your time and interest in my writing. Hopefully the hub was helpful, entertaining, and encouraging. Your opinion is always welcomed and appreciated. If you so choose please leave a suggestion, comment, or constructive criticism in the section specified below.
"Be kind to one another" ~ Ellen
God Bless You ~ Margaret Sullivan