How to get proper advantage of Vedic Astrology Readings
The world can be divided into two kinds of people – one who believe, use and are guided by astrology and the second who don’t do it. This hub is for both.
Some have had and have been having excellent experience with astrological readings while the experience of some with the astrologer or the horoscope readings could be on a scale of 1 to 10 and would also be different with different astrologers.
Without going into the reasons of a good or average or a bad experience with your astrological readings, let me show with you that how you can improve the quality of your experience and get more benefits from astrology consultations.
What is Vedic Astrology?
It is an ancient science, which systematically studies the impact of the planets on human being and the environment (called mundane astrology). The details, methods and techniques of interpretations can unequivocally be referred to as the ocean of divine knowledge.
In one of my articles Vedic Astrology and Horoscope, I have shared some more insights. Please do study that to appreciate this hub better.
How should you prepare yourself for a visit to a Good Astrologer
Here are a few suggestions based on the author's study and experience.
1. Your Birth Data
You should have correct (a) Time of Birth, (b) Date of Birth and (c) Place of Birth. This will enable the astrologer to cast a horoscope which beings with the position of the planets at that particular time (your date and time go birth) with respect to that point on earth (your place of birth will be used to calculate longitude and latitude).
It is a geocentric concept of observing the position of the planets.
Please give this information for each person about whom you wish to consult the astrologer.
About the Author
Sundeep Kataria is the founder CEO of a Management Consulting Firm. He is also a qualified Astrologer and he combines all his skills to provide Wellness Counselling.
The contents of this hub is a summary his years of professional experience.
2. Confirmation of past Events
To proceed in a systematic manner, the astrologer would like to study the horoscope for a few minutes and ensure that the horoscope cast is correct. This is done by the astrologer asking a few questions about the native (the individual whose horoscope is being studied). This could be the type and timing of the events already taken please.
If need to be, the astrologer will apply the technique “birth time rectification”.
3. Answering your queries
Now the astrologer is confident of taking up your question. Keep in mind that it takes a number of calculations and applications of various technique to arrive at a proper answer. Hence, to take best advantage of the astrology consultation session, it is recommended that:
- You write down all your questions before hand.
- If possible, divide them under categories such as Love, Family, Finance, Education, Career etc.
- Put your questions in an orderly fashion, give time to the astrologer to study, calculate and interpret from your horoscope thoroughly.
- Note down the specific and important inputs provided by the Astrologer. This is also the time for you to get more insight or better clarity to your question or ask a related question.
4. What can you expect from the Vedic Astrology readings?
To a learned astrologer, your horoscope is a storehouse of information about you and the trends and events is your life.
Broadly speaking, Vedic Astrology can throw light on the following important aspects (and more):
- Love, Romance, Marriage
- Progeny (children)
- Wealth, Earnings, Savings
- Family and important members such as Parents, Siblings, Uncles & Aunties etc.
- Litigations, Disputes
- Mahurata (Auspicious time to begin and activity)
In addition to the above, you may also be informed of the
- Probabilities & extent of occurrence or non occurrence of the event.
- Likely date of occurrence / timing of such events
- Applicable remedial measures, if any.
Please do keep in mind that the astrologer is studying the promises in the horoscope. The extent of benefit or intensity of damage, occurrence or non occurrence will depend on your Karma.
Benefits of Vedic Astrology Consultation
- Better self understanding and acceptance of who you are.
- Understanding your purpose and path of life
- Identify the opportunities the life has for you in this birth
- Knowing the skill and abilities that you are blessed with.
- Determining your Life Path.
- Relationship compatibility.
- Choosing the best career path
- Knowing the auspicious time to start a new project.
- Know your good and bad time cycles
- Plan your life properly
5. What you can’t expect
- The results are unlikely to be great if someone goes to the astrologer to challenge him or make fun or is under the influence of intoxicants.
- No astrologer can change your destiny, so neither expect nor come under the influence and part with your hard earned money.
- He can only prepare you, guide you, organize prayers on your behalf or suggest some remedial measures to negative inputs. Just like one comes under an umbrella or shade but one can’t stop rains – since one knows that if might rain
Compare your experience with others
How often you consult a Fortune Teller (Astrologer / Tarot Reader / Palmist / Gypsy)
My humble submission
To Sum Up
“Astrology is a language of planets, signs and Nakshatras. If you understand this language, the sky speaks to you”.
The aim of this hub is not to make you a fatalist or a ‘non – doer’. The purpose is to introduce the concept of pre-defined path and expected trends and events in one’s life. It is up to the individual to improve it, enabling himself to do good Karma (action) – throughout his life and to the best of his abilities.
As they say, there is an element of ‘free will’ also.