How to gift a gift to nature
Walk in the world
I think that many of us who visit places in nature often tend to forget that the natural world is as alive as we are. We tend to look for gifts that can fit into our pockets or backpacks maybe even just carry around in our hands. In a world that is alive when we give back we receive.
So step back for just a second and think "What can I give to the natural world as a gift?"
Who might this be?
Water to water
Thoughts to think upon
When you venture outside your home, whether it be right outside your door, a trip to the river, a hike up your favorite mountain or a trip to the shores of the sea.
You might say to yourself why would I gift nature or even talk to the natural world. It is very simple, adjust your thinking to everything is alive and everything has a vibration. If you enjoy people talking or singing to you. If you enjoy friends and relatives giving you gifts then might not nature as well appreciate a gift from you.
Has it not been proven that trees and plants grow better when music is played, water responds to negative and positive thought. Just think for a moment could we change our health by singing to our gardens, by thanking the earth for allowing you to dig into it to grow things. Perhaps before drinking a glass a water or giving water to your plants you decided to pass positive thought into it. Is part of our health the way we grow and treat our plant life? Just some thoughts to pass on to myself and all of you.
I was raised in a family that grew most of their own food including two types of berries, my father loved his garden, had a way with the animals that we shared our space with. Guess what I am pretty healthy. Of course even though I learned this from my parents I traveled down the road of fast food and junk food addictions that I still battle against today. But I have reached an internal healthy state within my body again. I would also say is it just positive thought, no it is not. Positive thought can help you in life, but really it is the recognizing that everything is alive and that I share this experience of life with many other things that are also alive.
The natural world gives to us everyday, the trees and plants give us oxygen that we need to breath by recycling our breath, they also give us food and help to keep us warm. The water helps us stay clean and attempts to recycle our waste, it keeps us alive by quenching our thirst, it carries food if we are quick enough to catch it.
The dirt helps us to grow things, we build homes upon it, but if we had to caves are created that we could live in for shelter, stones are about to build with, things are growing in their season that feed us.
What to give
So you might think what do I give if I choose to begin living this way.
1. Water to water, water to earth, water to plants. Everything needs water, water is a recycler, it comes down from the sky as snow and rain. It travels the earth as it moves along the path it chooses it quenches the thirst of many things including humans. the water becomes home to many beings and we all become a part of the cycle. As it travels it has evaporation happening so that it can come to us again from the sky. It comes deep from the earth as well, aquifers and groundwater. We take it and pipe it to suit our needs. So filter some and give some back in thanks for what it does for you.
2. Stones to water, fish that we enjoy eating need the stones to lay their eggs, we humans like to use stones for many things help the creatures that live in the water, give them back something they can use. Shells for the snails and hermit crabs who need them for homes, we enjoy our homes and so do they.
Land given rights
- Parks Are People Too | Outside Online
A movement to imbue land, rivers, and entire ecosystems with legal personhood status is gaining ground in the U.S.
Food for the creatures
Giving to the land
1. Well of course water to almost any plant, some need less water than others. But how about a snack for the creatures in the area. Something that might be appreciated and is already in their style of eating. Nuts and berries, raw meat, seeds or fruit.
2. Just breathing around the trees are feeding the trees, they take in our breath and return it to us as oxygen, well thank you for helping me breath.
3. Perhaps a beautiful song, which would give both your breath and the postive energy they seem to enjoy for growth.
As always one of the greatest gifts to give is picking up trash where ever you go, and taking out your own trash if you bring it in.
The sun brings us light and warmth, the wind comes by to cool us down, the moon controls our ebbs and tides and often lights our way in the dark.
The Magik is out there everywhere, take a look, stop and listen, and consider giving back in some fashion to the world that gives us so much, to the elements that we are so a part of in every part of our bodies