I Refuse To Live In Jabez
The Tears of Jabez.
In Troubles and Sorrow.
According to "Hitchcock’s bible names dictionary“,Jabez was a place at which the families of the scribes resided ,who belonged to the families of the Kenites” The name signified trouble or sorrow. No wonder, since I was born and now I am very old, I have never seen around me nor heard in the nearest town ,of any man answering the name Jabez.
The Kenites who resided in Jabez were the original people of Canaan, connected with the Medianites and dwelt in strongholds.
“And the families of the scribes which dwelt at Jabez; the Tirathites, the Shimeathites, and Suchathites. These are the Kenites that came of Hemath, the father of the house of Rechab.” 1 Chronicles 2:55 .
When she was pregnant, the mother of Jabez [sorrow or trouble], decided to name her son after the town for she must have seen sorrow and trouble which the bible did not disclose to us.
Though she was carrying an honourable child, she could not resist the temptation of releasing a curse on him through his name.
Knowing fully well the sorrowful meaning of Jabez, she labelled her son Jabez, insisting she bare him in sorrow-- “ And Jabez was more honourable than his brethren: and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, Because I bare him with sorrow.” 1 Chronicles 4:9.As it is today, even in biblical times, it was the practice to name a child after a town or village, Jabez’s mother off loaded trouble , sorrow and pains on the innocent son.
Born but into trouble and sorrow as the name suggested. Jabez grew up to discover that despite his honourable beginning, he was still lagging behind in the scheme of things. Mr Jabez was tossed about in the wind of trouble and sorrow. Where others went and excelled, Jabez portion was failure, where his mates sang songs of victory and celebrated, Jabez answered his name and went back lamenting, and where others went forward ,struggling to be the head, the tail was all that waited for Jabez.
But Jabez was not sleeping over the issue, he was vigilant and soon discovered that he was living under a curse. He soon realized the damage the mother did to him through the name . One day, Jabez rose up to challenge the situation. He rose up to cancel the hand writings of the devil in his life. He told the devil hiding and hindering his progress through his name that enough is enough.
Those that know their God shall surely be strong and do exploits , Jabez knew his God, he went to him in prayers. “And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.” Daniel 11;32. Jabez knew his God, he was strong and courageous, he did exploits according to the promises of God almighty.
“And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested. 1 Chronicles 4:10 .
You too might be like Jabez, struggling where you are not meant to be struggling, struggling under the yoke of the devil, carrying a generational mistake from your father or your mother , or from your father’s house or your mother’s house. It is equally possible that you are carrying a self-inflicted injury. You too can stand up like Jabez., refuse to carry any ugly tag the devil has given to you. Tell the devil he’s a lier and ask God to deliver you and enlarge your tenth. H e is faithful and just to forgive the sins of your father’s and mothers and answer your prayer, what he did to Jabez, he will do for you.
Let us pray
1. Oh Lord my God, I thank thee for your love towards me, I thank thee for you have made me to realise who I am, that I am not of the devil but of you, in the name of Jesus who paid my price at the cross of Calvary.
2. Father, I know that it is not your will that I should struggle under any satanic load, or carry any satanic yoke. I know you are here to help me—in the name of Jesus.
3. By faith , I can see everything turning around in my favor, because you have come to my rescue , as you did to Jabez –in the name of Jesus.
4. You that lives in heaven above all, you changed the situation of Jabez and put smiles on his face , father, change my situation , that I mighty laugh and testify of your goodness in my life in the name of Jesus.
5. Father, I know that the pits of the enemy before me, behind me and around me are not for me, but for those who dug them for my innocent soul..let it be so in the name of Jesus.
6. Great and mighty Jehovah, just like Jabez bluntly refused to live in troubles and sorrow, so do I refuse to live in troubles and sorrow posted to me by the devil through his agents , in the mighty name of Jesus.
7. I refuse to live in Jabez which signified trouble and sorrow—in the mighty name of Jesus.
8. Satan listen to me, I have a God, the same God of Israel Jabez called upon and received answers to his prayer, the same God is still on the throne and for ever too, I therefore call upon him to change every ugly gift and situation you have brought on my way, I command you[ Satan] to perish with your gifts of trouble and sorrow in the mighty name of Jesus.
9. I come against any power from the land, sea and air, with the mandate to establish in my life , any generational mistakes of my father or mother, I destroy that power with the name and blood of Jesus.
10. I frustrate the hands and efforts of Satan and his agents, trying to force me to live in Jabez—in the mighty name of Jesus.
11. I frustrate and command blindness on the agents of the devil and darkness, sent to follow and monitor me with troubles – I spit fire on them in the mighty name of Jesus.
12. I spit fire on any agent of the devil or situation trying to remind me or translate itself to Jabez in my life – I render their powers impotent in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
13. I render impotent, the meaning of any name attached to me, I cancel their effects with the name and blood of Jesus.
14. I render impotent, incantations and spells coming from the evil hearted men and women, wherever they come from, I trample on them in the mighty name of Jesus.
15. I call upon the this great God of signs and wonders to come to my aid as he came to the aid of Jabez, and cancel every evil effect and or circumstances surrounding my birth and birth place – in the mighty name of Jesus .
16. Let my God pull out every hidden curse surrounding my birth, with a view to setting them ablaze, let them burn to ashes in the name and blood of Jesus.
17. I refuse to answer the name Jabez, I refuse to live like Jabez,I refuse to be treated like Jabez andI refuse to suffer like Jabez, in the name of Jesus.
18. Jabez was more honourable than his brethren, but the curse on him hindered him. Lord, I know I am honourable [ by your grace] . Let every power trying to drag my honour into the dust be dusted out of my life in the mighty name of Jesus.
20. Let me be clothed with divine favour and honour after the order of the later Jabez and Job- in the name of Jesus.
21. Let me be clothed with the divine honour ,wisdom, knowledge, anointing and power, which the devil and his agents cannot challenge—in the name of Jesus.
22. Let me clothed with the divine favour and breakthrough that the devil and his messengers cannot challenge—in the mighty name of Jesus.
23. Just as you answered Jabez and enlarged his tent and coast, Lord almighty enlarge my tent and coast in all ramifications of life in the mighty name of Jesus.
24. Enlarge my spiritual tent and coast, enlarge my financial and material tent and coast, enlarge my academic and social tent and coast and enlarge my church, my ministry and family in the name of Jesus.
25. Enlarge the tent and coast of my children and children’s children, in the name and blood of Jesus.
26. Enlarge the tent and coast of my country and my neighbours and even those who call me their enemy, enlarge their tent -- in the mighty name of Jesus.
27. Oh Lord enlarge my tent and coast and keep me, that the devil one might not touch me and my generation, let your mighty hand guide my strides in life , in the mighty name of Jesus.
28. Father, Lord, keep me out of evil, and the evil pebbles and manipulations, the devil and his agents are throwing at me, let their stones begin to locate them one by one, in the mighty name of Jesus.
29. I ignore the voice of my mother, father or any voice which tends or tended to lay a curse on me, I convert all the curses to blessings in the mighty name of Jesus.
30. Father, do not allow hindering spirits or situations or crisis, or men or women to grieve me, grant my request as you granted Jabez, for you are still the same God, You have never and can never change—all these I ask in the mighty name of Jesus Christ my Lord—Amen.
In conclusion, the God that answers prayers, granted the prayer of Jabez, he gave him back his honour which he requested, and like Job, the later end of Jabez was glorious, all by the grace of God.So God of mercy,by faith in the name and blood of my Lord Jesus Christ, I am expecting a big turn around Let it be so.--[Amen and Amen.]