- Religion and Philosophy
Indigo Adult, Could that be you?
Spiritual Connection through Metaphysics
Indigo children and adults is a concept that has been around since the '70’s or earlier, but it didn’t catch on until fairly recently. Indigo adults are the “Baby Boomers” of today, children born after WWI. Indigo adults have a higher level of consciousness and spirituality, and connection to earth, than the average person. It is thought that that the free spirited parents of the '60s and '70s left the path open for these children to explore with freedom, to learn with passion, thus leading to this more intelligent, thinking group of people.
The term “Indigo” usage began for these special people because it is the color of the sixth chakra, the energy chakra. Because Indigo children had such a unique energy, spiritual, if you will, air about them. The Indigo person should not be confused with the color Indigo, it is not the same thing and there is no association.
Indigo people have a special way about them, a sense of being very intelligent in many areas, but do not brag about their intelligence. Intelligence is part of their personality since birth. Indigo people do not feel that any other talent is greater than the next. Indigo people are humble. Some people have written that Indigos have the mindset that the world owes them, that they are entitled to have everything handed to them. This is simply not true. There is a generation of selfish people, but they are not Indigo or Crystal adults or children.
Indigo Adults Pave The Way
According to Celia Fenn, Indigo adults are the peacemakers, the protectors of the planet, the ones chosen to teach others to take care of the environment. Doreen Virtue , author of over 50 books and oracle cards wrote an article on Indigo children stating that often the first thing people notice about Indigos, adults or children, are the strikingly blue eyes. The blue eyes seem to have the ability to look into the soul of the person. In fact,one trait of the Indigo adult is to look in a person's eyes directly when they are speaking. This does often make the other person uneasy.
Indigo people look directly at the person with whom they are speaking because there is little, if any tolerance for lying. Do not lie to an Indigo adult, most have the ability to see right through it, for they know that the eyes are the window to the soul.
Crystal adults are much like Indigo adults but in a quieter manner. Indigos forge the path for the Crystal adults, burning through all the red tape and working out the problems. The Crystal adults then come in and fine polish everything, for example. Indigo adults are ones that think differently, and often, so may be confused with an adult with ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder). They may talk a lot because they have so many ideas going on in their head at once. The difference between ADD/ADHD and Indigo is that the Indigo person can concentrate very well on a subject that they are interested in. The Indigo person may even find it harder to concentrate on a subject that bores them then the average person. They would much rather be studying something else after all.
Strikingly Blue Eyes
How Do You Know If You Are an Indigo Adult?
In order to determine if you are an Indigo adult, you must match almost all of the criteria, since you were a child:
- Look intently at the person you are talking to.
- Often, but not always, have blue, penetrating eyes
- Talent with computers or other technology
- Know what you want out of life
- Strong creative mind
- Strong desire to protect the planet or change the world in some way
- Have a lot of ideas, logical thought processes and perhaps been told you had ADD/ADHD
- Prefer to work alone than in a team, or prefer to be a leader
- Dislike of repetitive work
- Strong intuition, have a way of “knowing” when the phone will ring etc…
- Experience depression
- Empathic, sensing others emotions or being emotionally sensitive
- May cause electronics to malfunction just by standing near them (or sitting, sometimes just walking by)
- Feel temperamental, may have problems with rage
- Deep concern over the rights of others, equality and fairness for all
- Dislike outdated systems of thinking
- Sexually expressive or reject sexual activity to study, for example
- Psychic or other deep, personally spiritual experience, out of body experience, seeing ghosts at a young age.
- Feeling that there is another universe or dimension, parallel or otherwise
- Consistent need to understand why you exist, why you are here.
In order to be considered a true Indigo person you must have 95-100% of these traits. For example, you are not necessarily gifted with technology and you do not have rage issues but you fit everything else, rest assured, you are an Indigo person. If you have brown eyes instead of blue, but fit everything else, you are an Indigo.
Discovering that you are in Indigo person can be very enlightening. Suddenly your different ways of thinking are all making sense. With that worry out of the way, you are now freer to explore the other thoughts running through your mind. Write them down, keep track. You never know, your idea may just be what the planet has been waiting for.
- Doreen Virtue: What Are Indigo and Crystal Children?
Doreen Virtue explains Indigo and Crystal children.
- How to Tell if You Are Indigo
Here is an in-depth article describing what traits to look for in determining if you or someone you know is an indigo child or adult.
- Basic Indigo adult Characteristics: | Lightworkers.org
Characteristics of an Indigo person
Are You an Indigo Adult?
How many of the criteria do you fit?
© 2013 Cynthianne Neighbors