Is Preaching Jesus on Public Transport Acceptable?
Last year, I was on an underground Train (tube); A man was standing up talking about Jesus and telling people about the importance of knowing Jesus and having a relationship with Him – it was about 9am.
I like to observe people and as I looked around, I could see mixed reactions:
- Some ignored him and continued to read their papers/magazines.
- Some simply stared into space.
- A few shouted at him, asking him to keep the noise down, as they wanted to travel in peace.
- Some were listening to their Ipods.
He just carried on; I personally think he was very brave. At a particular station, when the train stopped, the transport staff asked him to get off the train or it wouldn’t carry on. He explained he wasn’t disturbing any one. I noticed passengers were beginning to get impatient as it was the morning rush. Eventually he kept quiet and the train moved.
Do you think people should preach their religion on Public Transport? It would be interesting to know your thoughts.
- Going to Church - A Necessity or Wasted Activity?
A look at so many reasons why some people don't go to Church. Some don't even believe there is a God. If there is: Why the Tsunami, Haiti Earthquake and many other strange occurences?