Is There A God and Why Not
People are ready to believe that someone created the wheel but not ready to believe that there is creator of this universe. How very arrogant!!!
Recently I came across a discussion thread on facebook.com titled “Here is why God doesn't exist. The hell am I reading 600+ pages of your crappy arguments. My logic is flawless.” By Dominic Hinkins. I read it and wanted to post a reply, but something made me stop. Why should I get into an argument with a guy who thinks that he is absolutely flawless. But the issue is worth viewing as most young minds are being poisoned by fellows like Dominic Hinkins who wrote such an atrocious article.
I may sound a bit agitated (which I am) but the fact is that some people consider them flawless in their thinking which is their biggest flaw. Here are the points on which Dominic Hinkins based his arguments:
1. Suffering exists. If God exists and is worth worshipping, he doesn't want us to suffer, and can stop suffering at will
2. YOUR specific religion isn't the right one. Lots of people are convinced by lots of different holy books/religions they can't all be right.
3. The world doesn't need your God to exist.
4. We evolved, deal with it
I will try to give my reasons for God’s existence and I hope they will be more convincing.
1. Yes, suffering exists and it will continue. This is how the system works. God created this world and set it in motion with a set of laws governing it. you jump from a higher point you will fall and that is how the law of gravity works it will not change to save Dominic Hinkins or any other idiot from getting injured just because god should not cause any pain and suffering to mankind. Other sufferings like famine, drought and babies dying are all linked with this system. If we analyze things with an open mind we will see the reasons behind every happening.
2. When it comes to worshipping God. Yes he is worth worshipping and actually he does not need our rituals to survive as he is well above that but we need to worship just to thank him for all the goodness of life that he has bestowed upon us.
3. Talking about people believing in different religions and holy books. Religions do differ in their practices of rituals but the basic teachings are the same for all. There is no contradiction to certain facts and they are
a. There is one creator of this universe and he is the all mighty. Pray to him and he will reply to your prayers
b. Be kind to other people. God is kind to those who are kind to fellow human beings
c. All religions teach the same cardinal sins to avoid.
d. There is a heaven and there is a hell for people to get rewards and punishment in the afterlife on the judgment day.
4. Adam, Buddha, Moses, Jesus, Muhammad were all messengers of God and gave people the same basic message and a few other which were relevant to their time.
5. Let me tell you one more fact. In Islam there is no concept of suicide bombing as perceived by many. In fact the Islamic teachings about such actions is that those who harm other in the name of correcting the society are at fault themselves and should not be considered Muslims at all.
6. Dominic Hinkins says that the world doesn’t need a God to exist. Well this is not for us to decide if we need a God or not. He is there and the fact is that people who transgress their limits are often set right by him in the most spectacular way.
7. Do we evolve? Yes and that is the system set by God.
We must realize the fact that the God Almighty has certain qualities and the biggest one is that he is the creator who has created without an example to follow. We also create but what we create is based on an example and further requirements evolved out of that we see in nature. Wheels, flying machines, electricity, microwave technology, catapults and what not’s, all have their basis available in nature to copy from, but God alone has created the entire universe without a copy paste option.
We are ready to believe that someone created the wheel but we aren’t ready to accept the fact that someone created the universe. How very arrogant!!!