- Religion and Philosophy
Is it Christian or is it Eygptain
Similarities in Christianity and Egypt worship.
As you compare the two pictures they are similar in meaning . Lets compare.
Starting from the head a circular is a sign behind or usally on top of the head.
Both pictures have a figure behind the head.
Christainanity would call it a halo of holyness.
When Eypt is calling it's subject a' God'
- 1.a disk or circle of light shown surrounding or above the head of a saint or holy person to represent their holiness.
Eypt use way before Christianity.
Circle and Dot
A simple circle was often used as a symbol for the sun in Egyptian religious art and texts. A circle with a dot in the center, also called a circle with bindu, was more closely aligned with the sun by representing its orbit around the earth and the passage of time, seasons and cycles. The circle with bindu was also used to represent the sun god Ra, though it could be used as a symbol of the power of the sun itself.
Isis and Horus / Marry and Jesus
Symbols used as christian artifacts have traces of Eygptain worship
Today in the ceremony of worship there are symbols and items used in christian worship.
What is very interesting is how christian worship uses items in there ceremony of worship and they have ties related to pagan god's , Again many from Eygpt.
Lets Look at the similarities in these items used to worship.
The cross is a famous item most religions use ,
But if we look at the design it has a similar structure of the Eygptain Aunkh notice these detail in both.
The cross / The Eygptain Ankh
What is the meaning behind the symbol of the Ankh compared to the christainanity meaning of Cross.
The Ankh meaning is far more detailed then cross.
The Eygptain Ankh Cross represents life (immortality) and death, male and female, balance. It can also represent zest, joy of life, and energy. It's closely related to the looped cross that can mean fertility and life.
The shape of the Ankh is that of a man and woman female organs. The cross bar relates to the creation of children.
To compare the cross as a religious symbol , It has a more personal attachment .It's believed by many religions that Jesus died on a cross.
Research in the Greek original text tells us a different meaning.
A cross would need two pieces of wood which does not say two but says one Stauros.
The Bible generally uses the Greek word stau·ros′ when referring to the instrument of Jesus’ execution. (Matthew 27:40; John 19:17) Although translations often render this word “cross,” many scholars agree that its basic meaning is actually “upright stake.” According to A Critical Lexicon and Concordance to the English and Greek New Testament, stau·ros′“never means two pieces of wood joining each other at any angle.”
Buildings of worship , Churches , Temples , Eygpt Structures.
Have you ever wondered where did the idea come from in the design of temples and churches , let's look at some history on this subject.
The Eygptain culture was established centuries ago in acient Babylon. That is where the temple was built by Nimrod after the global flood.
He was known to be in opposition to Jehovah !
- Ge 10:9 He became a mighty hunter in opposition to Jehovah. That is why there is a saying: “Just like Nimʹrod, a mighty hunter in opposition to Jehovah.
- ”Ge 11:4 They now said: “Come! Let us build a city for ourselves and a tower with its top in the heavens, and let us make a celebrated name for ourselves, so that we will not be scattered over the entire face of the earth.”Ge 11:8 So Jehovah scattered them from there over the entire face of the earth, and they gradually left off building the city.The point is that they took their opposition of pagan customs with them .The practice of worship that is in opposition to the true God Jehovah started in acient Babel. Known today is Babylon.
- This is also where the true meaning of triad worship began .
- And still today the teachings of three in one is a captive belief over many people today.
- The triad was way before Jesus appearance on earth and he said nothing about triad or trinity worship.
How many of these designs will you notice in your communities and places of worship ?
As we can see worship in structures have an important history and meaning , We can see that something is definitely not always what we think is innocent, but taking a closer look we can see the truth
That many places of worship contain traces of pagan and Eygpt customs in structures of many temples.
Please give me your opinion as to what you see .
Churches / Eygpt Temples.
Does God Change and does our worship count even though there are pagan traces of customs
This question is a weighty one indeed ! We all must examine the purity of our worship which is a sacrifice of a gift from our hearts .
But does God except all gifts of sacrificial worship ?
Lets start with the first example Cain and Abel.
- Ge 4:5 he did not look with any favor on Cain and on his offering. So Cain grew hot with anger and was dejected.
Both offered worship up to the Heavenly Father but one was rejected by God.
These scriptures is a better view of how our Heavenly Father's views our worship.
Today how does this apply to us. Well notice .
- Re 18:4 And I heard another voice out of heaven say: “Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues. Re 20:10 And the Devil who was misleading them was hurled into the lake of fire and sulfur, where both the wild beast and the false prophet already were; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
- Jude 11 Too bad for them, for they have followed the path of Cain and have rushed into the erroneous course of Baʹlaam for reward, and they have perished in the rebellious talk of Korʹah !