Knowing God's Will 2
Knowing God’s Will 2
Here is another list of verses to help one find God’s will for their lives. This is not a strategy on how to find the right city, the right employment but how to find the place to start in one’s own life. The first page and this one is directing people to stop worrying about where they are supposed to be and focus on what things they need to do first, which is implementing God’s ways in ones life. By starting with God’s word and putting God’s will there first, the person will get to the point where they will learn where God wants them and which job they should be in and so on.
Too often people want to run first and get the right job, the right location, the right friends and what they need to do is slow down and start with themselves so they are ready when God wants them to move or change. To do before one is ready means a less impact for God than if one had prepared themselves first.
There is no particular order for this list:
26. Test the spirits (1 John 4:1)
27. Accept God’s words, turn your ears to wisdom (prov. 2:1-2, 5)
28. Test yourselves (2 Cor. 13:5)
29. Do not conform to this world (Rom. 12:2)
30. Do not use your freedom for evil (1 Pet. 2:16-17)
31. Do what the Lord has commanded you (Deut. 5:32)
32. Ask for wisdom (James 1:5, 17)
33. Fear the Lord (Is. 50:10)
34. Put on the whole armor of God (Eph. 6:17)
35. Meditate on the Bible (Josh. 1:8)
36. Let the word of Christ dwell in you (Col. 3:16)
37. Train yourself to be godly (1 Tim. 4:7-8)
38. Encourage one another (Heb. 3:13)
39. Honor one another above yourselves (Rom. 12:10)
40. Confess your sins and pray for one another (James 5:16)
41. Be humble, gentle, patient… (Eph. 4:1-3)
42. Do NOT judge (Rom. 14:10)
43. Use one’s spiritual gifts (1Pet. 4:10)
44. Do not weary in doing good (Gal. 6:9)
45. Praise and glorify the Lord (Ps. 34:1)
46. Do not be anxious (Phil. 4:6)
47. Do everything without complaining or arguing (Phil. 2:14-16)
48. Do not store treasures on earth (Mt. 6:19-21)
49. Be the light to the world (Mt. 5:13-14)
50. Be Holy (1 Pet. 1:13)
Some Final Words
Both this part and part 1 are designed to get you to focus on what really counts when it comes to finding God's will. God has not kept his will a secret but has made it public by writing it in his Bible.
An open mind and heart is what is needed to learn how you can apply all the verses to your life and get you in line with the will of God. The right job, the right spouse, the right ministry will come in time.
As you grow through implementing these different verses in your life, you should be able to discern or get help discerning which job, etc., is where God wants you and who he wants you with.
© 2019 David Thiessen