Live like Christ
Living a Christ like life
Most of us claim that we are Christians yet we don’t live as Christ lived. Most of the activities we engage in are geared towards self satisfaction. Everyone is concerned about which type of home he will built, what masters degree he needs to complete, plans on how to increase his wages and so on. The more competition we face in the society, the less likely are we to remember on living like Christ. The modern lifestyle has those around us from experiencing the Christ in us. Do you know what the two greatest commandments are: to love your God with all to your heart and love our neighbors as we love ourselves. Mark 12:28-31
Every time you care about your neighbor next door and reach out to that street child you will be living like Christ. We should strive to serve others in any capacity .Jesus helped everyone he came across. He did not ask or mind about their relationship to him, their status in the society or gender .Whenever he saw anyone in need, the first thought would be to relieve him of his need.
I know you are wondering how possible that could be in modern day society. Modern life challenges like unemployment, undisciplined children and political conflicts should not prevent us from reflecting the Jesus in us. As long us, we have the gist of life; we need to exalt Jesus in every aspect of our lives.
Here is some advice you can follow to practice selflessness
• Enjoy going to church. Going to church rejuvenates his spirit in us; we are also encouraged and reminded of his commanded. When we belong to a church we strive to live by his word.
• Pay you tithe: when we pay the tithe, giving becomes part of us. Through tithing, the church will develop. Leviticus 27:30.
• Fast and pray .Fasting is denying your body pleasure. It makes you aware of how those without food undergo through.
• Be quick to respond to a call of distress. For example donating blood in hospital is an act of selfless
• Strive to bring joy to whoever we come across including your own parents or children.
When doing all this, we should not expect the society to reward us. However, we should wait for the ultimate reward in heaven. As the bible tells us in Mathew 6.20 "Do not lay up stores of wealth for yourselves on earth, where the moth and rust doth corrupt but store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.....”
If we dwell on this verse, we shall not be so involved in receiving earthly accolades but a heavenly price that waits safely for us to inherit. Selfness automatically creates the gift of joy in you!