Live like Christ
Live Like Christ
Most of us claim that we are Christians yet we don’t live as Christ did. In fact, most of the activities we engage in are geared towards self gratification. For instance, we are concerned about the size of our home , our level of education, the latest, fashion trends and so on.
In fact, the society today ignites high level of competition among siblings, families, institutions, colleagues and so on. Every one one to outsmart the other on one thing or the next. Does our modern lifestyle reflect the glory of God in us. In the book of Genesis , it is written that " We are created in his own image" Gen1:27 . So it is our duty to desire to live like Christ.
How can I do it?
• Enjoying going to church. Going to church rejuvenates God's spirit in us; we are also encouraged and reminded of his commanded. When we belong to a church we strive to live by his word.
• Paying your tithe: Paying of the tithe teaches selfless,in addition giving becomes part of us. Through tithing, the church will develop. Leviticus 27:30.
• Fasting and praying .Fasting is denying your body pleasure. It makes you aware of how those without food undergo through.
• Be quick to respond to a call of distress. For example donating blood in hospital is an act of selfless
• Strive to bring joy to whoever we come across including your own parents or children.
In Mathew 6.20 "Do not lay up stores of wealth for yourselves on earth, where the moth and rust doth corrupt but store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.....”
I believe ,we all have one goal which is to attain the crown of heaven, Christianity is a day to day journey which we forge forward by learning, forgiving, fellowship and love.