25 Ways To Live In The Will Of God
The Bible gives us many things that we must do if we are to live continuously in the will of God. God’s plan cannot be understood if you are apart from God. (Ephesians 1:9-10)
- Read and Understand God’s Word. Your understanding of God’s Word gives way to receive from God. “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth (that you know) shall make you free. (John 8:32) It isn’t the truth that sets you free, but it’s the truth you know and understand that sets you free.
- Right Priorities. When the pursuit of the Kingdom of God and His righteousness become foremost in your life, you will be able to walk in God’s will and receive His blessings. (Matthew 6:33)
- Fear Not. Fear closes the windows of heaven. It draws only bad things to it. Fear is not part of God’s plan. Resist it, and watch the windows of heaven open over your life. (Luke 12:32)
- Stability. Your conscious and subconscious minds should agree on every aspect of God’s Word, for when the truth of God is in one of your minds, and the traditions of men are in the other, the will of God will have no effect in your life. (James 1:7-8)
- Faith. Having faith will cause God’s blessings to flow in your life. The Word of God says your supply from God comes to you in proportion to the faith you have to receive it. (Matthew 9:29)
- Belief. Keep on believing so the power of your faith will allow the things you are believing to happen. Second Corinthians 10:4-5 tells us to cast down imaginations even those of unbelief.
- Right Desires. When you refrain from walking in your own desires but in God’s desires , you are letting God use you to perform His will through you. Delight in God and be willing to get rid of your old desires, so God can put new desires in your heart. (Psalm 37:4-5)
- Forget Past Sins. Let go of former sins. Stop looking back on them. By constantly looking back to your past lifestyle makes you unworthy of the Kingdom of God (Ephesians 4:22-23)
- Right Family Relations. When there is a good relationship between husband and wife, blessings will flow throughout the entire family, and all members will be in line to walk in the will of God. (1 Peter 3:7)
- One Accord with Other Believers. Christians at odds with one another go directly against the will of God. God advises us to always get along well with other Christians.
- Trust God’s Leaders. God gave leaders to the church as a gift. When there is strife among the leaders and the congregation, the anointing of God will no longer flow in individual lives or in the church as a whole. (2 Chronicles 20:20)
- Work. Do what the Word of God tells you. Whatever you find to do, do it with all you might. (Ecclesiastes 9:10)
- Be Patient. Hebrews 10:36 clearly states that you must have patience in order to overcome the adversary and to receive from God. The impatient person will never receive God’s best. (Ecclesiastes 11:1)
- Proper Thinking. The mind is the place where Christians relate to God. Because of that, the devil puts forth an ongoing effort to influence what goes on in your thinking. Romans 12:2 says, “Be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind.”
- Proper Talking. The tongue has tremendous power. “Death and life are in the power of the tongue.” (Proverbs 18:21) Your tongue can be a life-taker or a life-giver. It’s up to you how you choose to use it.
- Honor Your Vows. Deuteronomy 23:21-23 says God expect payment of what a person vows. It is sin to vow and not pay. Repentance coupled with paying back vows restores a person’s ability to receive from God.
- Just Stewardship. The world and everything in it belongs to God. Being unjust over things, time and money will block God’s blessings in your life. Prove to God that you can be a good steward over His earth. (Psalm 24:1)
- Tithing.Tithing is the first step toward living under an open heaven. Failing to tithe will close the windows of heaven. (Malachi 3:10)
- Accepted Offerings. God accepts a penny or a million dollars only when you give it with a willing spirit. If you give grudgingly, the church will accept it, but God will not accept your offering.
- Compassion for the Saints. Christians are all one Body of Christ. We should love one another as we love Jesus and not harm each other as we would not harm Jesus. (1 Corinthians 12:27)
- Putting Spiritual Things First. Material things must be put in their proper place. If you put material things first, don’t expect things to go right in the spiritual realm. The total focus must be on God. (Exodus 20:3)
- Proper Upbringing. Christians should set examples for their children’s lifestyles. Proverbs 22:6 says, “Train up a child in the way he should go.”
- Have Mercy on the Poor. If you turn your back on the poor, you will eventually find yourself in trouble. Your giving to the poor becomes a loan to God that He Himself promises to repay. (Proverbs 19:17)
- Confessed Sin. If you regard iniquity in your heart, the Lord will not hear you. (Psalm 66:18) When you identify your sin, confess it, repent of it, and forsake it, then sin will lose its power and you will be able to hear from God.
- Live Unto God.When the tradition of men replace the anointing of God in your life, you will not be able to walk in God’s will. (Matthew 15:6) Stop being a man-pleasure and become a God-pleaser.
The best place to be is to be in the will of God.
When you are in right relationship with God, He will guide you moment by moment in everyday events. Things with God don’t “just happen.” As you go through your daily tasks, God is working in your life in ways you may not even notice. You should have faith that God is directing your life for His purpose.
God may have placed you where you are “for such a time as this.” Discover what God wants you to do right here, right now. To be fulfilled, your desire should not only be to know God’s will, but to live in harmony with God’s will for your life. It is for your eternal benefit.
Your greatest joy is found in willingly obeying God. He will then reveal to you His purpose for your life. God’s plan requires your submission to Him. (Joshua 1:16)
It is God’s plan that you become like Christ. Often it is in doing God’s will that you gain the desire for it. (Philippians 4:8-9) Do what God wants you to do and then trust Him to change your undesirable desires.
God has a plan for EVERY life including yours. You will never feel truly fulfilled or at peace until you are walking step by step into the plan and purpose of God.
Know that God has a plan and purpose for your life; plans for you to be in His will so you can have hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)