- Religion and Philosophy»
- Christianity, the Bible & Jesus
What is Jesus like?
Knowing Jesus or knowing about Jesus
In life we meet a lot of people, we might see them every day or once a day or maybe just in special occasions . We just know their names, their faces and whatever they decide to show us about their personality.
We might not really know them on a deep level, we don't know if they are good parents or bad, we don't know how they act like around their families.
The same thing happens with God, a lot of people know about God, they have their own opinions about him. They call him God because they can't call him by his personal name, Jesus. To really know Jesus you need to have a personal relationship with him.
Many people don't know that it's necessary to have a personal relationship with Jesus to go to heaven.
When you know Jesus you know:
- Jesus gave his life to save us from eternal condemnation.
- He is loving, but punishes sin.
- He is the only way into heaven.
- He knows exactly what your going through in your life.
- He is waiting for you with open and loving hands.
- He is God and he can guide your life if you let him.
- He wants you to have a relationship with him and not just for you to know about him.
How to recieve Jesus:
- Recognize that you are a sinner.
- Ask Jesus for forgiveness for your sins.
- Ask Jesus to come into your heart.
Everything you need to know about Jesus is in a Bible, by doing what the Bible says you will come to know Jesus.