- Religion and Philosophy»
- Christianity, the Bible & Jesus
Materialism and Knowledge in End Times
by Amber Maccione
In the end days, the Bible states that knowledge and materialism would be on the rise:
Daniel 12:4 (ESV) – But you, Daniel, shut up the words and seal the book, until the time of the end. Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.
2 Timothy 3:4 (ESV) – lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,
How many times have you traded out an electronic device for a newer one in less than one year?
Do you have anything in your closet that still has the tag on it or has never been wore or used?
Let’s start this out by asking you a series of questions:
- How many electronic devices do you own (i.e. gaming systems, T.V.’s, phones, computers, tablets, kitchen appliances, stereos, etc.)?
- How many cars do you own?
- How many times do you trade out your car or electronic device for a newer one?
- How many times do you look in your closet full of clothes thinking you can’t find anything to wear and need to go shopping?
- How many shoes do you own that you never wear or didn’t really need?
- How many things in your possession have you bought just because you wanted it, not because you needed it?
- How many times do you see your neighbor with something new and tell yourself you have to get that too?
Some things that my parents taught me at a very young age were: 1) you buy out of need not out of want, 2) we are our own family; not our family and the Jones’, & 3) you do research on something like electronics and cars before you buy; you don’t just buy something because it is new and cool looking.
Medical Advances: Regenerative Medicine
Technology in the past few years has exploded:
- Human Genome Discoveries
- Stem Cell Research
- Pharmaceutical drugs for Cancer & HIV/AIDS
- Surgical Machines & Techniques
- Replacement Therapy
- Fertility Options
- RNA Reprogramming
- iPhone (how many are there now?)
- HD TV (remember when just black and white was amazing?)
- Game Systems
- Banking Online and with your Cellphone
- Discovery of Eris in our Solar System
- Water on Mars
- Reverse Video Display/Rear Mounted Radar
- GPS system with tracking
- Night Vision with Pedestrian Detection
- Parental Control
- Nuclear Weapons
- Faster, Quieter, Safer Helicopters
- Nonlethal weapons (i.e. lasers, rubber bullets)
- Ultra-light , Super survivable dune buggies
- Unmanned mini submarines
In the end days, Jesus said that the world would be more in-tuned to themselves than to Him. Their focus would be on things rather than how to serve Christ and they would begin to rely on their own knowledge rather then seek out what Christ says about things. They will turn from their Creator to themselves. This is the mindset and attitude of people in the end days.
Take a look at your own family and also at yourself. Are you a lover of things or a lover of God? Who comes first? Do you rely on your own logic or do you seek our God's truth? Who's knowledge is above all?
Christ said that in the end days, people will turn to worldly possessions and their own understanding. Be careful and guard your own heart from becoming a person that Christ warned about.
Copyright © 2013 http://ambercita04.hubpages.com/ All Rights Reserved
Intro to Series: End Times Prophecies
- Are We Living In End Times?
This is the introduction to two series that I am about to emerge on - End Times Prophecies and What Jewish festivals reveal about the End Days.
Part 7 in Series: End Times Prophecies
- Stress & Wars in the End Times
In the end days, stress and wars are two things that will be on the rise. Americans have been dealing with a lot of stress caused by our economy and rumors of war around the world.
Part 5 in Series: End Times Prophecies
- Violence in End Times
Part 5 in an 11 part series entitled End Times Prophecies. There has been much talk these days about violence, especially gun. But Jesus said in the end days that violence would increase.
© 2013 Amber