A Medium's Passage
This is part one of my story to discover, accept and integrate mystical abilities into an ordinary world.
I am a medium. I have psychic abilities. I do not work in a profession using these gifts, though I do “readings” every day, all the time. I do not share these impressions because most of this information is acquired as psychic debris. I generally do not want to know the things I accidentally learn about others. I especially do not want to use what I know. It takes effort to inhibit myself (and tell the “voices” in my head to shut up) and prevent my primal tendencies from discovering untold secrets and gain power over others.
Reviewing these statements, I may seem arrogant. This is far from true. I agonize over my worthiness to be graced with these abilities and what I should do with them. Perhaps that is why I refrain from using these talents specifically for my career. People who meet me, work with me, even many of my family members do not know much about this part of me. It doesn’t show on the surface, but it is who I am.
I want to share my voyage, though it is far from complete. My hope is that my story will find and help those who have been in similar circumstances. Specifically, those people traveling in the path of most resistance, with the least amount of help available.
Unfortunately, I never had a teacher or mentor (in a meat-suit) for such matters. Most of what I discovered has been out of necessity. It has felt at times like the entire universe has been teaming up to force me into...something, acceptance perhaps. Eventually, it worked. I used to fear the things in the dark, myself and these talents. I no longer do, except when I’m being chased by monsters.
I use guided imagery to help me make sense of the things that I experience. I then analyze it for the “truth”. I accept the things I know to be true. I dismiss things I find to be false. I shelve the information that I cannot yet place in my personal belief system and work on it for future integration or dismissal.
I do believe in a Universal Being, but the relationship to us is something I am still working on. I believe in other dimensions. In those dimensions live innumerable, wonderful beings, and some dangerous ones. I believe we are the masters of our own fate (mostly) and that our astral body (or soul) is eternal (more or less). I believe we all have help from spirit guides or angelic beings.
In the next several articles, I will be sharing terminology and definitions as they relate to me, my path from the beginning, what I believe I have learned from other dimensions and through research, and my personal belief system about the universe.
First, I want to share a stellar philosophy about being psychically and energetically responsible. Alex Palermo of the Tremont Tearoom in Boston, Massachusetts says it far better than I could:
Psychic Code of Ethics
Every healer or guide should stand by a strict code of ethics; all of the psychics at the Tremont Tearoom proudly abide by such a code:
- I will take full responsibility for my own energy, setting and running it accordingly.
- I will take the time to ground myself.
- I will be committed to being in my body and experiencing the present moment.
- I will be emotionally neutral and always aware of which energy is mine and which is not.
- I will not undermine another by taking on their problems; I create no dependencies. Instead, by example, I will teach the laws of autonomy and free will.
- I will not use my abilities to control, manipulate or program another.
- I will use my clairvoyance to see the TRUTH for each person and not be mischievous or practice "clairvoyerism."
- I will read the past and present with only a reference to the probable and possible futures of another, thus allowing the other the freedom to create their own future.
- I will look for the way in which it is easiest for the other to receive energy/input, and I will communicate to that openness with positive intention.
- I will have a strong heart connection with others, and accept each as an equal Human Being, subject to the respect that physical and spiritual Beings deserve.
- I will devote my life to the purity and truth of my own essence energy, as well as helping others find their own purity and truth within their own hearts.
- I will devote myself to the individuality of each soul, respecting that individuality in its search for health, well-being and ultimately Oneness.
- The Original Tremont Tearoom: Psychic Code of Ethics
The oldest psychic salon in the US, located in Boston, featuring tarot reading, psychic reading, spiritual healing, reiki, healing circles, spiritual food, incense, gift items, and many talented psychics.