Monsters and Other Creatures in the Holy Bible
The Holy Bible
A large number of people around the world are intrigued by stories of mythical monsters, demons, witches, sea monsters, devils, antichrists, and other creatures that live in the realm of allegorical fanaticism. This collection of what could be described as nightmare hosts is generally conceived as fictional; however, if we open the King James Version of the Holy Bible, we will see that it lists these and other supposedly fallacious beings as in fact, real.
Satan, Devil, Lucifer, Beelzebub, and Prince of Darkness
The ultimate evil spirit would have to be Satan, who goes by many names. He is associated with and consider the "Prince of Darkness," who reigns supreme over all other evil entities. Satan can be found in numerous location in our Bible. Some of them include:
- Revelations 12:9 - And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
- 1 John 3:8 - He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
- Peter 5:8 - Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
- 2 Corinthians 11:3 - But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
These are just a few of the mentions of Satan in the Bible. He is found at many locations within this Holy book and is identified by many different names.
Sea monsters have been a part of our nightmares since the beginning of earthly existence, and they have been identified in many different shapes and forms. These creatures can be found in the following locations within the Bible. Their creation by God is also identified in Genesis 1:21.
- Genesis 1:21 - And God created the great sea-monsters and every living creature that moveth, wherewith the waters swarmed, after their kind, and every winged bird after its kind: and God saw that it was good.
- Psalms 74:13 - Thou didst divide the sea by thy strength: Thou brakest the heads of the sea-monsters in the waters.
There are innumerable mythical stories about giants and their exploits with average men and children; an example of which is Jack and the Beanstalk. However, according to the Bible, there were many giants in days gone by and one of the most famous true stories was the fight between David and Goliath. I have listed some of those passages about giants below.
- Genesis 6:4 - There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare [children] to them, the same [became] mighty men which [were] of old, men of renown.
- Numbers 13:33 - And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, [which come] of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.
- 1 Samuel 17:4 - And there went out a champion out of the camp of the Philistines, named Goliath, of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span.
Dragons and Serpents
Dragons and serpents are also the nuclei of many stories, which leave us with nightmares; however, the real creatures in the Bible must have left victims with more than nightmares. Here are some mentioned in the Bible.
- Isaiah 35:7 - And the parched ground shall become a pool, and the thirsty land springs of water: in the habitation of dragons, where each lay, shall be grass with reeds and rushes.
- Malachi 1:3 - And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.
- Deuteronomy 8:15 - Who led thee through that great and terrible wilderness, wherein were fiery serpents, and scorpions, and drought, where there was no water; who brought thee forth water out of the rock of flint;
- Genesis 3:1 - Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
- Genesis 3:14 - And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
Open a Bible
These are just a few of the monsters described in the Bible, so if you would like to learn more about the contents of this book, buy a Bible, or open one you already have. The most exciting and interesting true stories you'll ever read can be found in this book. Also, according to Guinness World Records, the Bible is the best-selling book of all time, with an estimated 5 billion copies sold and distributed.
King James Version of the Holy Bible - https://www.biblestudytools.com/kjv/
© 2019 Gerry Glenn Jones