Moses In The Bible -Biblical Moses His Life & Story
A Tribute and Bible Study on Moses in the Bible
When I think of the importance of Moses to our Christian and Jewish faiths, I am moved with faith. His journeys are such a powerful metaphor of a personal life with God. His battles are like telling the story of every believer's struggles to overcome. It is my prayer that this short intro Bible Study will help you n your journey!
This lens is a tribute to the meekest man who ever lived... "Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth." (Numbers 12.3 KJV) We will include many links in this retelling of the Moses Story.
Photo Credit: (From Photobucket)
What Do You Think of Moses and His relevance today?
Are Moses and the 10 Commandments Relavent Today?
Who is Moses
Snapshot Biography of Moses in the Bible
green on brown
In all of this it is recorded that Moses was a humble man. His ongoing legacy is in the five books he either authored directly or edited into their final form (Genesis).
In the Biblical record Moses ranks among the mightiest men that have ever lived. His prophetic power, spiritual insight, and leadership qualifications justifies this rank. He is known The Lawgiver, even Christ was describes as a Prophet like unto this ancient leader of Israel’s hosts.
(Deut 18:15-19 The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken; (16) According to all that thou desiredst of the LORD thy God in Horeb in the day of the assembly, saying, Let me not hear again the voice of the LORD my God, neither let me see this great fire any more, that I die not. (17) And the LORD said unto me, They have well spoken that which they have spoken. (18) I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. (19) And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.
According to the Bible, Moses was the leader of the nation of Israel when they were delivered by almighty God out of Egyptian slavery. He guides them to the edge of the promised land of Israel. However, God did not permit Moses to go into the new land. The Bible says that God himself buried Moses/ Moses is also credited with being the author of the first five books of the Bible, also known as the Pentateuch.
OUTLINE: The Life and Timeline of Moses:
OUTLINE: The Life and Timeline of Moses:
Moses’ Family Background
- Tribe of Levi = Priest
- Son of Amram and Jochebed
- Brother of Aaron and Miriam
- Husband of Zipporah
- Father of Gershom
Timeline of Moses’ Life: Moses’ life can be divided into three sections of forty years:
40 years with Pharaoh in Egypt; 40 years with God in the Desert; 40 years with the Hebrews in the Wilderness
Major Moments in Moses’ Life
- Pharaoh’s fear of the Hebrews & edict to kill the male children (1)
- Shiphrah and Puah’s disobedience (1)
- Adopted by Pharaoh’s daughter (2:4-10)
- Kills an Egyptian (2:11,12)
- Flees to Midian (2:15)
- Encounter at the burning bush (3:1-9)
- Return to Egypt (4,5)
- Demand for freedom and Ten Plagues (7-12)
- Exodus from Egypt (12,13)
- Miracle at the Red Sea (14)
- The people murmur against Moses (16)
- Manna and Water from the Rock (16,17)
- Jethro’s Advice (18)
- Mt. Sinai (19-40)
- Aaron and the golden calf (32)
- Moses’ desire to see God’s glory (33)
- Building the sanctuary/tabernacle (36)
- Ecclesiastical/Liturgical regulations (37-40)
- Sinai to Kadesh-Barnea (10-12)
- Moses asks God to kill him (11)
- Aaron and Miriam’s jealous mutiny (12)
- Spies sent into Canaan (13)
- People want another leader to take them back to Egypt (14)
- Punishment at Kadesh-Barnea (14)
- 40 years in the wilderness (14-16)
- Return to Kadesh-Barnea & Moses’ sin (20)
- Aaron and Miriam’s death (20)
- Journey to the Jordan River (20-33)
- People murmur against Moses (21)
- Joshua chosen to succeed Moses (27)
- Moses’ Death (Deut. 32-34)
Essential Torah: A Complete Guide to the Five Books of Moses
“Essential Torah is the most comprehensive of the new group of Bible commentaries . . . a work that may rank for both depth and breadth with the late Rabbi Isaac Klein’s A Guide to Jewish Religious Practice as a resource and reference site. [It] offers the most context, the most interpretation, the most interest. Robinson takes the reader through not only the Five Books of Moses . . . but through everything connected with the Torah in its largest, more-sweeping sense, from the production of an actual Torah scroll and an introduction to the Hebrew language, to the role of biblical criticism and the inherent difficulties in drawing complex rules of behavior from the Torah’s simple words.”
–The Jewish Week
Facts About Moses ... ???????
When Was Moses Born?
Birth Of Moses
Moses In The Cradle
Moses In A Basket
Moses In The Bullrushes
Moses The Israelites
LINKS LINKS LINKS
- The Birth of Moses through the Exodus
From The Alpha and the Omega - Chapter Five by Jim A. Cornwell, Copyright © 1995, all rights reserved "The Birth of Moses through the Exodus" ���The Pharaoh tried to get rid of the thread of the Tradition inherited from Noah, by depriving Moses of hi
- The Birth of Moses
This lesson describes the protective hand of God over the one who was to be the deliverer of the children of Israel from Egypt.� God�s hand of providenc
- Moses, The Man of God - The Condensed Biblical Cyclopedia on SearchGodsWord.org
The Condensed Biblical Cyclopedia is linked to Torrey's New Topical Textbook, Nave's Topical Bible, Smith's Bible Dictionary, the King James Dictionary, and Hitchcock's Bible Names Dictionary. When references are found in other SearchGodsWord.org ref
- The Prophets, Their Lives and Their Stories: Moses: The Birth of Moses (PUH)
The Prophets, Their Lives and Their Stories, at sacred-texts.com
- THE MYSTERY AND CONTROVERSY OF THE STORY OF MOSES - AKHENATEN
THE MYSTERY AND CONTROVERSY OF THE STORY OF MOSESWAS MOSES AKHENATEN?Amenhotep IV? Moses from the Tomb of Julius II. San Pietro in Vincoli, Rome.Italy Akhenaten Is the Answer to the Question Below? If this carving is Moses, there is NO resemblance at
Moses and the tabernacle - Moses Tabernacle -Tabernacle Moses
- Images of the Tabernacle of Moses: God's Prophetic Pattern | Study material, pictures, drawings, and
The Tabernacle in the wilderness teaches us truth in a pictorial way. Temple Builders web site gives you some images and teachings that portray the truth behind the tabernacle that Moses was commissioned to build.
- Diagram of the Tabernacle, Basic Layout of the moses tabernacle
The Basic Layout of the Tabernacle - the Tabernacle articles explain what the tabernacle is and the significance of each component.
- CHURCH INSIDE THE TABERNACLE
These publications are grounded in and around the Tabernacle of Moses. The biblical types issuing forth from the Tabernacle of Moses are an exact typical prefiguration of the body of Christ; the eternal bones of the body of Christ born in the First C
- Tabernacle of Moses
The Tabernacle of Moses in the Wilderness
Resources for Moses in the Bible
Division of the Ten Commandments
- I am the Lord thy God ; Thou shalt have no other gods before me
- Thou shalt not make for thyself an idol
- Thou shalt not make wrongful use of the name of thy God
- Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy
- Honor thy Father and Mother
- Thou shalt not murder
- Thou shalt not commit adultery
- Thou shalt not steal
- Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor
- Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house ; Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife
- Book results for Ten Commandments Of Moses
The Legends of the Jews - by Louis Ginzberg Heavenly Torah - by Abraham Joshua Heschel - 800 pages Taking Back Islam - by Michael Wolfe, Beliefnet (Firm) - 256 pages
- Ten Commandments - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ten Commandments From Wikipedia
- 10 Commandments - Crystalinks
According to the Bible, God inscribed the Ten Commandments into stone: "God said to Moses, 'Come up to Me, to the mountain, and remain there. ...
- Moses and the Ten Commandments (coloring page) [Kid Explorers]
God gave Moses the 10 commandment, rules which must be obeyed if we are to please God. One of these rules is that we must only worship God. The commandments were carved in stone by the finger of God Himself.Learn more about Moses: The Man Who Wanted
- The Ten�Commandments
The Ten Commandments as Revealed in the Book of Exodus ... The Prologue to the Commandments Â· Moses, the Bible Deity and the Children of Israel Â· Moses and ...