- Religion and Philosophy
NOT KEEPING THE 10 COMMANDMENTS IS WRONG
JESUS' MESSAGE OF LOVE
The message Jesus brought to the New Testament was love which was not emphasized in the Old Testament. Previously only laws were given and men have no hesistance but to obey. Jesus has plenty of love for He came specificially to die for the sins of the world so it can be redeemed.
Jesus said, "If you love me, keep my commandments" (John 14:15).
- A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
1 John 2:7
- John wrote: Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.
2 John 5
- And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.
Matthew 5:17, 18
- Think not that I am come to destroy the law or the prophets: I am not come to destroy but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
The 10 Commandments were written by the finger of God
The 10 Commandments written on two tablets of stone were given to Moses in Mount Sinai. When Moses went down the mount, he saw the Israelites dancing round the golden calf which they worshipped when Moses did not return to them for 40 days. In his anger, Moses threw the tablets down and broke them into pieces. God told Moses to bring again two tables of stone and God would write down the 10 Commandments with the finger of God. This reflected the importance of the commandments which could not be broken.
- And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of stone, written with the finger of God.
- And the Lord delivered unto me two tables of stone written with the finger of God;
Jesus is the Head of the corner stone and the disciples are built upon the foundation of Christ. They are stones for their constancy and strength in the storms of life.
GOD'S LAWS The Ten Commandments
And God spoke all these words, saying: "I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
- You shall have no other gods before me.
- You shall not make for yourself any carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
- You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
- Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
- Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
- You shall not murder.
- You shall not commit adultery.
- You shall not steal.
- You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
- You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s."
THE 10 COMMANDMENTS ARE DIVIDED INTO 2 CATEGORIES
Jesus, in fact, divided the 10 commandments into 2 categories, namely, Love God (first 4 commandments) and Love Man (5 - 10 commandments).
- A lawyer was trying to tempt him by asking which was the great commandment in the law. Jesus replied, "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
- This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets (Matthew 22:37-40).
To say that the 10 commandments were redundant in the New Covenant is erroneous because Jesus expounded that the 10 Commandments were reclassified as Two great commandments, to love God and to love your neighbour. It is your duty to do both of them as Christians because Jesus loved us by dying for us on the cross.
THE COMMANDMENTS WILL JUDGE US
God is very fair, just and impartial to everyone on Judgment Day. God will only use one set of Laws to judge mankind. "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter. Fear God and keep His commandments, For this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every work into judgment, Including every secret thing, Whether good or evil" (Eccl. 12:13-14). It is the duty of everyone on earth to "fear God and keep His commandments," Only those that keep God's commandments will go to heaven (Rev. 14:12-13; 22:14). God is very fair, just and impartial to everyone on Judgement Day. There is only one set of Laws which God will use to judge mankind.
Ordinances or Ceremonial Law Abolished
Colossians 2: 14
- Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to the cross.
- Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances;
All of the ordinances written in Moses' handwiting were placed outside the Ark of the Covenant. The 10 Commandments written by the finger of God in stone were placed in the Ark. The Ceremonial law included special feasts and Holy days which foreshadowed what Jesus Christ would do. When Jesus died on Calvary, the veil of the temple curtain was torn from top to bottom, signifying that the ceremonial and sacrificial system was finished. The old law was completely replaced by Jesus' death on the cross.
GOD'S LAWS AND MAN'S LAWS
613 Mitzvot Commandments from the Torah
These ordinances are irreverent to the Gentile Christians who are non Jews. Below are quotes from the Torah. How can the Jews follow 613 mitzvot? They cannot even remember them, let alone obey all of them! They are so numerous and it is no wonder that the Jews fail to keep the mitzvot.
God ... 1-10 (reverent to Christians)
Torah ... 11-16
Treatment of Gentiles ... 53-58
Times and Seasons ...107-142
Dietary Laws ... 143-169
Employees, Servants and Slaves ... 184-202
The Court and Judicial Procedure ... 227-262
Agriculture and Animal Husbandry ... 358-364
Trumah, Tithes and Taxes ... 402-425
Wars ... 598-613
Woe to False Prophets, Pastors
- For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, it it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
- For false Christs and false prophets shall arise and shall show signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.
- Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the Lord.
What did the false Prophets, Pastors do?
They blinded the eyes of the elect by prophesying that all the commandments of the Old Testament were done away with Jesus dying on the cross and setting us free. Just concentrate on Jesus and do nothing!
Deleting the first 4 Commandments means::
(1). You can worship other gods. No wonder so many Christians are celebrating Christmas, Easter, Valentine's Day and other feast days of the pagans.
(2). You can make images of things in heaven and earth and worship them. You can bow down and serve other gods.
(3) You can take the name of the Lord in vain. You can swear by any god in the universe. You do not have to swear by the Bible.
(4). You do not revere God's words and keep the Sabbath holy. Any day of the week is holy so long as you keep one day. Where does it say in the Bible?
Only Christians who love the Lord would obey Him and remember His commandments and obey him. Neither the Buddhists nor the Muslims worship the one true God.
All the countries in the world have some form of rules or laws in order to keep their country law abiding and peaceful and they are the same as in the 5-10 Commandments in the Bible. When the false prophets and pastors who advocate discarding the 10 Commandments they are left with a blank slate to do with what they wish.
(1). Can a Christian dishonour his/her parents?
(2). Can a Christian commit murder?
(3). Can a Christian commit adultery with another man's wife, mother in law, sister in law, etc?
(4). Can a Christian steal?
(5). Can a Christian bear false witness?
(6). Can a Christian covet his/her neighbour's goods?
The false prophets and pastors are worse than the infidels for they once understood the commandments of God but they reject them out of their own reasoning and intellect and leading the unwary Christians down the path of utter destruction by the thousands. They deserve the condemnation of the Almighty God of righteousness.
Any country that throws out the 5-10 commandments will have the country in turmoil without laws that keep the country stable. Without them, there would be stealing from neighbours, men having relationship with daughters and daughters-in-law, uncles with nieces, sons-in-law with mothers-in-law,etc. When there is no law in the country, there will be untold chaos and misery. There would be no courts in the country. Everyone does his own thing - robbing, stealing, killing with no consequence for there is no law of any kind. Just chaos!
Not Keeping The 10 Commandments is Wrong
Do you believe that keeping the 10 Commandments is wrong?
© 2011 einron