Seven is the number of perfection. Notice some striking multiples of this number in the original languages in the scriptures:
The number seven (number of perfection):
1. The number 7 appears 287 times in the OT (7x41)
2. The word seventh occurs 98 times in the Bible.
3. The word ‘seven-fold’ appears seven times.
4. The word “seventy” is used 56 times in the OT.
Book of Genesis, Chapter One, Verse 1
1. The number of Hebrew words in this verse is exactly 7
2. The number of letters in the seven words is exactly 28
3. The first three of these seven Hebrew words contain the subject and predicate of the sentence. These three words are translated “In the beginning God created.” The number of letters in these first three Hebrew words is exactly 14.
4. The last four Hebrew words consist of two objects. The first is “the heavens,” and the second is “and the earth”. The number of letters in the first object is exactly 7. The number of letters in the second object is 7.
5. The three leading words in this verse of seven words are “God” the subject, and “heavens” and “earth”, the objects. The number of letters in these three Hebrew words is exactly 14. The number of letters in the other four words of the verse is 14.
6. The shortest word is in the middle. The number of letters in this word and the word to its left is exactly 7.
7. The number of letters in the middle word and the word to its right is exactly 7.
Numeric values occur when you add the values of the ancient Hebrew and Greek letters:
8. When the three important nouns (God, Heaven and earth) have their numeric values added together you get 777.
9. Also, the verb “created” has a numeric value of 203 (7x29).
10. The numeric value of the first, middle, and last Hebrew letters in this first verse is 133 (7x19).
11. The numeric value of the first and last letters of all seven of these Hebrew words is 1393 (7x199)
12. The numeric value of the first and last letters of the first word and the last word is 497 (7x71) leaving a numeric value of 896 (7x128) for the rest of the first and last letters.
13. The Hebrew participle ETH occurs twice in this verse and “the” also occurs twice. The numeric value of these two words is 506 (7x58).
14. The last letters of the first and last words have a numeric value of 490 (7x70) (not verified).
XTRA (More multiples of 7):
First instance of what could be a complete sentence:
In the beginning God created:
Hebrew word order and place values:
In beginning he created God
2-20-1-21-10-22 2-20-1 1-12-5-10-13
These 14 place values (I guess that means the numerical value of the letters or places) have a sum of 140. multiple of 7.
Of these 14 letter values, 8 are even and =98 leaving odd values at 42. Both multiples of 7.
If these 14 letters or place values are multiplied by the position in which they appear:
2 x 1 = 2
20 x 2 = 40
1 x 3 = 3
21 x 4= 84
10 x 5 -50
22 x 6 = 132
2 x 7 = 14
20 x 8 = 160
1 x 9 = 9
1 x 10 = 10
12 x 11 = 132
5 x 12 = 60
10 x 13 = 130
+ 13 x 14 = 182
(140) 1008 or 7 x 144 (144 is number of completeness 12 x 12)
7 x 72 x 2
7 x 36 x 2 x 2
7 x 18 x 2 x 2 x 2
7 x 9 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2
All prime numbers: 7 x 3 x 3 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 = 1008
7 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 21 multiple of 7
Book of Matthew, Chapter One, Verses 1-17. The Account of Christ’s Genealogy.
1. The numeric value for the 72 Greek words in this section is 42, 364 (7x6,052).
2. The number of words which are nouns is exactly 56.
3. The Greek word “the” occurs most frequently in the passage: exactly 56 times in 7 different forms.
4. The numeric value of the 90 forms of the 72 vocabulary words is 7 x 7,725.
Two main sections: verses 1-11 and 12-17.
1. The number of Greek vocabulary words used in the first eleven verses is 49 (not including repeats of words).
2. The number of letters in these 49 words is exactly 266 (7x38).
3. Of these 266 letters of the vocabulary words, the number of vowels is140 (7x20). Of these 266 letters the number of consonants is 126 (7x18).
4. Of these 49 words, the number which begin with a vowel is 28. The number which begin with a consonant is 21.
5. Of the 49 Greek vocabulary words, the number which are nouns is 42 leaving 7 non nouns.
6. Of the 42 nouns in the first eleven verses, the number which are proper nouns is 35 leaving 7 common nouns. (verified with bible)
7. The number of Greek letters in these 7 common nouns is exactly 49.
8. The number of times the 35 proper names occur is 63. (verified with bible)
9. Of these 35 proper names, the number of male names is 28 (3 are women and 4 are cities).
10. The number of times these 28 male names occur is 56.
11. The three woman mentioned (not seven) Tamar, Rahab, and Ruth have 14 Greak letters altogether.
12. The only city mentioned (Babylon), has 7 Greek letters (Big Whup).
13. Of these 49 Greek vocabulary words, the number which occur more than once is 35 leaving 14 which occur only once.
14. Of these 49 Greek vocabulary words, the number which appear in only one form is 42 leaving 7 which occur in more than one form.
15. There are words in this passage that occur nowhere else in the New Testament. They occur 42 times and have 126 letters. Multiples of seven.
Book of Matthew, Chapter One, Verses 18-125 (The Account of Christ’s Birth).
1. The number of words is 161 (7x23)
2. Those 161 word’s numeric value is 93,394 (7x13,342)
3. The 161 words occur in 105 forms (7x15)
4. The numeric value of these forms is 65,49 (7x9,347).
5. These 105 forms have 35 verbs.
6. There are 7 proper names
7. The number of letters in these proper names is 42.
8. The number of Greek vocabulary words in this passage is 77.
9. The numeric value of these 77 words is 51,247 (7x7,321)
10. Of the 77 Greek vocabulary words, the number of words the angel used in speaking to Joseph is 28.
11. The numeric value of the angel’s 28 vocabulary words is 21,042 (7x3,006).
12. The angel used 35 forms. (forms of what?)
13. These 35 forms have 168 letters (7x24).
14. The numeric value of these letters is 19,397 (7x2,771).
15. There are six words in this passage found nowhere else but in Matthew. Their numeric value is 5,005 (7x715).
16. These six words have 56 letters.
17. One word Emmanuel is used nowhere else in the New Testament and has a numeric value of 644 (7x92).
18. Add figures 6, 4, 4 together to get 14.
19. The number forms exclusive to this passage by Matthew is 14.
20. Their numeric value is 8,715 (7x1,245).
Book of Matthew, Chapter Two (Account of Christ’s Childhood)
1. The number of Greek vocabulary words is 161 (7x23)
2. The number of Greek letters in these 161 words is 896 (7x128).
3. Of the 161 vocabulary words used, the numeric value is exactly 123,529 (7x17,647)
Book of Mark, Chapter One, Verses 1-84
1. The number of Greek vocabulary words in these first eight verses in 77.
2. Of these 77 vocabulary words, the ones which begin with a consonant is 35 leaving 42 which begin with vowels.
3. Of the 77 vocabulary words, the number John used in his speech is exactly 21.
The next natural paragraph following these first eight verses consists of verses 9, 10 and 11 and gives an account of the baptism of Christ. The number of vocabulary words in this passage is 35.
The second chapter of Mark, verses 13-17 gives an account of the call of Levi and Christ’s conversation with the Scribes and Pharisees. The number of Greek vocabulary words in these five verses is 49. The number used by Christ is 14 and the number of words used by the Scribes is 7.
In the fourth chapter of Mark, verses 3-20, Christ relates the parable of the sower. The number of Greek vocabulary words in this parable is 49. In Mark, chapter 13, verses 5-37, we find our Lord’s important message regarding future events and the Second Coming of Christ. The number of Greek vocabulary words in this passage is exactly 203 (7x29).
1. The number of Greek vocabulary words in these 12 verses is 98 (7x14).
2. The number of letters in the 98 vocabulary words is exactly 553 (7x79).
3. Of these 553 letters, the number of vowels is 294 (7x42) leaving 259 consonants (7x37).
4. Of the 98 Greek vocabulary words, the number used by Christ in addressing His disciples is 42, leaving 56 no part of Christ’s speech.
The Last 12 verses of Mark which have been called a forgery show 60 features of sevens. I read that Irenaeus in 150 A.D. and also Hypolytus in the 2nd century, each quote from these disputed verses. They may have later been deleted.
1. Has 175 words (7x25).
2. A vocabulary of 98 words (7x14).
3. 553 letters (7x79)
4. The number of vowels is 294 (7 x 42) leaving 259 consonants.
5. Of the 98 words, 84 are found before in Mark and 14 are found only here. 42 are found in the Lord’s address (v 15-18) and 56 are not part of His vocabulary here.
6. 133 forms (7x19) with 112 of them occurring only once and the other 21 of them occur 63 times.
7. Of the 175 words 56 of them appear in the address of the Lord and 119 appear in the rest of the passage.
8. Uses Greek word for deadly (the only time it is used in the New Testament) which has a numeric value of 581 (7x83).
9. In the vocabulary (deadly) is preceded by 42 words and in the same passage it is preceded by 126 words (7x18). It’s numeric value is 7 x 83.
10. The total numerical value of the passage is 103,656 (7 x 14,808). The value of vs 9 is 7 x 1,685, vs 10 is 7 x 774, vs 11 is 7 x 1,685, vs 12-20 is 7 x 12,350.
11. The value of the total word forms is 7 x 12,809.
Book of John: (not verified by multiple sources, yet)
Chapter 17 where the Lord Jesus pours out His heart to His heavenly Father:
1. 490 words
2. 70 adverbs
3. 2,079 letters (7 x 297)
4. 49 sentences
5. 49 pronouns
6. 1,162 vowels
7. 917 consonants
8. 98 verbs
9. 77 nouns
10. 70 conjunctions
11. 126 pronouns
12. 7 God or Father
1. The number of Old Testament writers named is 21
2. The numeric value of the 21 Hebrew names is 3,808 (7x544).
3. Of those 21 writers 2933 (7x419) belong to the writers of the Law and the Prophets, from Moses to Malachi and 1190 (7x170) belong to the writers of the Hagiographa, from David Nehemiah.
4. The numeric value of Moses (345), who heads the list, and Joel (1069, who closes it, is 1069 (7x202).
5. Of these 21 Old Testament writers, those expressly named in the (7) New Testament are Moses, David, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Daniel, Hosea and Joe.(Ignores Solomon and Jonah)
6. The numeric value of these 7 names is 1,554 (7x222).
7. The name which appears the greatest number of times in the Old Testament is David and his name is found 1,134 times (7x162).
8. The name Jeremiah occurs in 7 Old Testament books in 7 different forms in Hebrew, and it occurs 147 times (7x21).
9. Moses may have occurred 847 times. Not sure if Panin includes John 8:5 where the woman is caught in adultery.
10. The New Testament writers have a numeric value total of 4123 (7x589).
11. Crucifixion of Christ took place on mountain of Golgotha, elevation 777 meters above sea level.Were they using the metric system back then?
The phrase (kingdom of heaven) is unique in Matthew: (confirmed)
1. The word “basileia” (kingdom) has a numeric value of 259 (7x37), of which the first three letters have a value of 203 (7x29) and for the remaining 5 is 56.
2. The following 13 letters are used in this phrase (which phrase?) and their values equal 1976 (8x13x19). (8 is the number for new beginning).
3. This phrase (kingdom of Heaven occurs 32 times in Matthew only (confirmed). Its numeric value is 2888 (8x361).The value of four of its forms totals 12,952 (8x1619)
Significance of eight:
Eight is the number of new life or “resurrection”
1. Eight persons were saved in the Ark
2. God made a covenant with Abraham that every male Jewish child was to be circumcised on the eighth day of life.
3. There are eight individual cases of resurrection spoken of in the Bible apart from Jesus (maybe) (three in OT, three in gospels and two in Acts).
4. It was on the eighth day or the first day of the new week that Jesus rose from the dead.
5. The holy spirit came down from heaven on the eighth day.
6. The numeric value of Jesus is 888.
7. The numeric value of Christ is 1480 (8x185).
8. The numeric value of Savior is 1408 (16x88).
9. The numeric value of Lord is 800.
10. The numeric value of Messiah is 656 (8x82).
11. The term “Son of man” occurs 88 times and is valued at 2960 (8x370).
12. The numeric value of truth is 64.
13. The Book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ has exactly 888 Greek words (maybe).
14. Octave in music
15. The last three of the twelve tribes of Israel is valued at 888.
1. Lord Jesus Christ is valued at 3168. The city of Bethlehem is located at 31.68 degrees north latitude on the earth. Check!!!!!!!!!
2. Kingdom of Heaven, Jesus, Christ, Savior, Lord, Messiah, Son of Man, Truth, together =11144 (7 x 1592) Perhaps those are all of the phrases and names that represent a new beginning in the bible and also are divisible by 8. (worked that out my-self. What are the odds? Well, 1 in 7.)
3. Apparently Isaiah 53:11 which speaks of the coming Messiah is numerically equal to 3,168.
4. Apparently by placing a box around the earth with the sides touching the Earth, the perimeter of the box would be 31,680 miles (I’m not convinced)153:
1. Simon Peter went up and drew the net to land full of great fishes, an hundred and fifty and three.
2. The word fish in Greek (ixthus) has a numerical value of 1224 or 8x 153.
3. Apparently 153 people received a blessing from Jesus in the four gospels.
4. The phrase Sons of God in the Hebrew has a numeric value of exactly 153.
5. The Greek equivalent adds up to 3,213 (21x153).
6. Another Greek phrase (joint heirs) has a numeric value of 1,071 (7x153)
7. In Mark the list of the twelve disciples’ names =9,639 (7x9x153).
8. “The net” as from John 21:6 has a numeric value of 2124 (8x153)
9. 2124 is also 17x72
The number 17:
Noah’s Ark rested in the mountains of Ararat on the 17th month and the Lord Jesus resurrection was on the 17th (of Nisan) as well. The Greek noun for fish occurs in the whole Bible in 17 verses.
How does 17 and 153 connect:
Genesis 5:27 records Methuselah”s life at 969 years, the oldest recorded age in bible. 969 may be symbol for aionios life.
If you construct 2 dimensional triangle using 153 golf balls for the area, each side would have 17 balls. (3 is a number for process, not trinity.)
Number 9 (Finality or completion)
1. The work on the cross was completed at the ninth hour when Jesus said, “It is finished”.
2. The word blood used in the sense of sacrifice to atone for sin occurs 99 times.
3. The numeric value of “In the beginning God” is 999.
4. The numeric value of “created the heaven” is also 999.
5. There are nine basic gifts available to the true believer through God’s holy spirit (1 Cor 12:8-10).
6. There are nine basic fruits that should be evident in the life of the believer (Gal 5:22-23.
7. The words “my wrath” have the numeric value of 999.
8. The word Amen or verily is valued at 99 and occurs 99 times (maybe).
9. I, Dan Brodhead, got out of Dunbar Elementary after 9 years of grueling service.
Number 7 in Nature:
1. Seven visible colors of light in a rainbow.
2. Seven scale notes in an octave (12 pitches for completeness).
3. The human body is completely renewed or changed every seven years.
4. In certain diseases, the seventh, fourteenth, and twenty-first days are critical.
5. Man’s pulse beats slower every seventh day whether he is sick or well.
6. In diseases resulting from physical exhaustion, the pulse changes every seventh day.
7. In humans, the period of gestation is 280 days (7x40)(not so sure about that).
8. With animals, the period of gestation of the mouse is 21 days, the hare and rat 28 days, the cat 56 days, the dog 63 days, the lion 98 days, the sheep 147 days.
9. With birds, the incubation of the common hen is 21 days and the duck 29 days.
10. An earth year is 31,558,149 seconds (give or take 7 seconds). This would be 7 x 4,508,307.
Non scriptural but superstitious meaning of the number 13:
1. Dragon or drakon has a numeric value of 975 (13x75) and occurs 13 times.
2. Tempter or peirazon has a numeric value of 1053 (13x81).
3. Belial, which is personification of evil, has a numeric value of 78 (13x6).
4. Murderer or anthropoktonos has a numeric value of 1820 (13x40).
5. Serpent or Ophis has a numeric value of 780 (13x60).
6. The phrase “called the Devil and Satan” (guess he needed to add the word called) has a numeric value of 2197 (13x13x13). (Hey look, Satan’s a trinity.)